PDA

View Full Version : Local BMW Dealer Parts Department - FAIL

Jon D
02-04-2011, 02:20 PM
So, in the spirit of keeping my ZHP looking great I decided it was time for new mats, a better car cover and with those newly painted wheels some locks. So up a go to Tisher price it all out and figure what the "XXX" I'll hit the local dealer and see if they'll sell me the stuff for close to the web pricing, save some time get the stuff local.

So off I go with a printed price list - walk in to the parts counter explain I'm a BMW CCA member like to get some accessories and was wondering could they match or come kind of close to some pricing off the web.

Answer back - we can only sell at list :facepalm

Guess that answered my question about where to go for stuff.

What's really disappointing is my service experience there has been great to date. Responsive, reasonably fair on charges etc. Guess it's time to find that good local independent, long term that kind of attitude does not work for me.

az3579
02-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Dealers aren't the place for haggling. They will almost never lower a price for you just because you found it online. I learned this quite a while ago... :(

PKR
02-04-2011, 03:14 PM
So they wouldn't even offer a Club discount ???

danewilson77
02-04-2011, 04:07 PM
But............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................s ometimes a BMW CCA discount will end up being cheaper on some parts.

3ZHPGUY
02-05-2011, 05:47 AM
I don't know what I did to deserve this but, the local dealer I deal with just sent me a card loaded with $1000.00 of savings for parts and labor. The card is good for a 15% discount on any parts or service purchase this year. Not sure if I can use it with the BMWCCA 10% discount even though, there is nothing said that I can't. Hmmm, this could be a 25% discount, not bad for Bimmer. Keep your eye out, I don't think my dealer is special, this is probably a BMW promotion across the country. FYI; the body shop I deal with only gets a 10% discount too.

JohnnyGraphic
02-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Things went well between me and the dealer while I was under the warranty/free maintenance period. After that though, it was a different story. I avoid them if I can. I try to get parts on-line, DIY or go to my local independent, Edge Motorworks in Dublin. They're awesome to deal with and a bunch of crazy track guys and gals!

Johnny

johnrando
02-05-2011, 05:12 PM
When the Air Box and Performance Strut Brace discounts were raging I happened to have my car being serviced under warranty (plus a few extra fluid changes that were not covered). I told my service manager about the pricing, and that I'd get them there if he could match, otherwise, I'd just get it online, no big deal either way for me. Surprisingly, he matched the price. John