PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on choosing new tires

CERF04ZHP
06-12-2013, 07:32 AM
I know they're not the coveted Pilot SS's, (absolute first choice) but budget won't allow me to part with that kind of coin right now.

Based on my research and past experience with tires from both of these competing manufacturers, I have narrowed it down to these.

Thoughts/suggestions?

www.tirerack.com/tires/CompareTires.jsp

Thanks.

LivesNearCostco
06-12-2013, 07:42 AM
That link doesn't work because it requires the cookie or session state or something from your computer. When I click, Tire Rack.com thinks I'm asking for a generic comparison without picking anything to compare! :-) Which tires are you thinking of?

I also need new front tires and am trying to buy from Costco, so I'm considering BridgeStone S-04 and Michelin Pilot SuperSport. I've had the BridgeStone RE-760 at least 2x (maybe 3, don't remember) and they're a good summer tire at a lower price point, but not a super tire. Other popular budget summer tires are the Hankook Ventu V12s.

imola red zhp
06-12-2013, 08:53 AM
I just ordered the, Hankook V12 it was around $710 shipped for the stock size, plus $80'rebate from hankook good reviews and ratings, used by teen driving school in iur arwa using 2013 128's for demo cars all with V12 tires.

sent from my Personal Electronic Device

M3TA5IN
06-12-2013, 09:06 AM
I just ordered the, Hankook V12 it was around $710 shipped for the stock size, plus $80'rebate from hankook good reviews and ratings, used by teen driving school in iur arwa using 2013 128's for demo cars all with V12 tires.

sent from my Personal Electronic Device

I'm on my second set of Hankook V12s and about to order my 3rd set.

I enjoy them, for the price I couldn't be happier.

Oh and I drive like a race car driver everywhere.

Sent from my fancy city machine.

CERF04ZHP
06-12-2013, 10:11 AM
That link doesn't work because it requires the cookie or session state or something from your computer. When I click, Tire Rack.com thinks I'm asking for a generic comparison without picking anything to compare! :-) Which tires are you thinking of?

I also need new front tires and am trying to buy from Costco, so I'm considering BridgeStone S-04 and Michelin Pilot SuperSport. I've had the BridgeStone RE-760 at least 2x (maybe 3, don't remember) and they're a good summer tire at a lower price point, but not a super tire. Other popular budget summer tires are the Hankook Ventu V12s.

Sorry the link doesn't work without delicious cookies! Haha..

I am looking at the Conti Extr. DW and the Bridgestone RE760.