PDA

View Full Version : Alignment issues.

Asiah119
07-01-2013, 10:17 AM
I recently had my rear tires replaced and had one suspicion confirmed, that the non matching tire that I had was a piece of shit, and another suspicion, that it was time for an alignment really hammered home. The non matching tire was severely worn on the inside edge, I found out after the alignment that the left rear (potency re040) was the one that was really out of whack (-.1 degrees) while the non matching was +.4. Both of them were really not where they were supposed to be and only the non matching had bad wear patterns, score one for the re040s.

The problem that I still have is that my mechanic couldn't get the LR into spec. As far as it would go was +.05 and +.1 is the low range of spec. I've done some looking and found rear camber/toe bolts on turner but have no idea of if this is really what I need. Can anyone offer clarification on getting this back where it should be?

Avetiso
07-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Check for previous accidents manually. Don't believe what carfax says, go look for it yourself or have your mechanic look at it. It's a possibility.

Or someone with more knowledge about components can tell you if there is anything that might need replacing.

UdubBadger
07-01-2013, 11:45 AM
experiencing the same thing on my FL side

fredo
07-01-2013, 11:52 AM
First day at the office after 2 weeks.
I'm still on vacation mode.
When I read FL, I thought about Florida.

UdubBadger
07-01-2013, 11:56 AM
hahaha, sorry - front left

Asiah119
07-01-2013, 08:08 PM
There's nothing that I've seen to suggest that the car was hit on that side. I've gone over the paint fairly closely through doing regular detailing and clay bar and if the paint has been blended I can't see it. There is some evidence that the trunk has been painted. It's just some minor running on the body folds around the licence plate. But that's the only place. The mechanic who did the alignment didn't say anything about it looking like there had been a collision. Just that it looked like it had never been aligned.

My problem now is that with that, I'm more or less out of ideas for diagnosis. The guy who did my engine work is an ASE who is on his own so he can't do alignment. I guess I'm going to either prepare my diddly hole and go to the local stealership or drive around and look for a shop that has a lot of euro cars in the lot.

UdubBadger
07-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Go get a corner balance from a legit performance shop, it'll be worth the money.

- Going HAM mobile