PDA

View Full Version : ESS Supercharger

Junior2552
07-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Hey guys,
I have been saving for a while now to grab up a TS1 kit from ESS. I have some maintenance to do this weekend, but then I was going to order. However, I had a thought. I just rolled 74k on my motor. Stuart swears by his TS kit and said he wouldn't hesitate to put the kit on anyway. I don't daily the ZHP, so does anybody think it might be a bad idea? Anybody have experience with them? I could always put that money into a new project like an e36 m3. Suggestions? Thanks!

Vas
07-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Low boost and supercharger with 74k. I wouldn't even worry about it.

Slap it on.

Avetiso
07-01-2013, 05:46 PM
I don't think 74k is bad at all. M54 is a rugged engine.

danewilson77
07-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Will this include LSD, and headers/exhaust?

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA

Vas
07-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Lsd would be needed for sure.

BCS_ZHP
07-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Hey guys,
I have been saving for a while now to grab up a TS1 kit from ESS. I have some maintenance to do this weekend, but then I was going to order. However, I had a thought. I just rolled 74k on my motor. Stuart swears by his TS kit and said he wouldn't hesitate to put the kit on anyway. I don't daily the ZHP, so does anybody think it might be a bad idea? Anybody have experience with them? I could always put that money into a new project like an e36 m3. Suggestions? Thanks!

Junior,
I would trust Stuart's judgement, he's had two and still has the one, performance is jaw dropping. Also PM Au2bahn as he had one beautiful TSS equipped car that was amazing, I drove it and UFB, then he sold it and the rest is history.

QC_ZHP
07-01-2013, 06:40 PM
74k is barely broken in, do it my friend! And be sure to post updates & vids

cakM3
07-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Heck! Even at 140k I'd slap that on my ZHP :thumbsup

derbo
07-01-2013, 07:38 PM
74K doesnt seem like an issue if you don't daily drive it :)

Hermes
07-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Although I 100% believe the kit is of very good quality:

1 - what maintenance has been done to the car (preventative and/or due to failure)?

2 - what were you planning to do "soon" before installing said FI?

3 - what does your suspension/drivetrain look like at the moment? can it handle the increased power, or should that be addressed before said power upgrades?

and last but most important...

how many HPDE's have you been to? I would spend money on that before any sort of performance upgrade... or do both ;)

Vas
07-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Like Jeremy Clarkson says "Power"

Junior2552
07-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Although I 100% believe the kit is of very good quality:

1 - what maintenance has been done to the car (preventative and/or due to failure)?

2 - what were you planning to do "soon" before installing said FI?

3 - what does your suspension/drivetrain look like at the moment? can it handle the increased power, or should that be addressed before said power upgrades?

and last but most important...

how many HPDE's have you been to? I would spend money on that before any sort of performance upgrade... or do both ;)

Hermes,
1. Maintenance: water pump/cooling system maintenance. Considering going to the EMP pump. Inspection II is sitting in the garage with a new valve cover gasket and oil filter housing gasket (just in case). Control arm bushings are poly now. Intake boots have been swapped out for preventative maintenance (irrelevant after supercharger), a few new air filters with oil changes and such. I haven't cracked into the valve cover to see how my cams look, but I can't imagine they're terrible.

2. Before install would be Inspection II, and rear diff bushings. Also, I was going to put new seals in my VANOS unit. I'm going to miss that sound. Small joke. Thought about getting a compression/leak down test just in case. I've never boosted any of my beamers, but they've always been bulletproof for the most part.

3. Suspension and drivetrain looks like Fortune Auto 500 coilovers (Broadway Static editions), slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads, ECS strut tower bar, and polyurethane bushings (not ACTUAL drivetrain, but relevant).

I have 140k on my e36 and the only "issue" with it is a valve cover gasket. I know these M54s can handle some business. Sound good to everyone? Haha.

Junior2552
07-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Like Jeremy Clarkson says "Power"

This.

This all day.

Junior2552
07-02-2013, 01:48 AM
Thanks for all the input fellas!