PDA

View Full Version : VCG change FTL

jjcools
02-07-2011, 10:44 AM
I got everything ordered and finally had time to do the Vanos seals this weekend, took a bit longer to get done than I thought but WTH, I did it and was so excited since I had never done anything like that. HAHAHAHAHAHA jokes on me, drove it home from my parents house cause the old man has more tools than I, when I pulled in the garage I looked behind the car and I had more oil up the driveway and in the garage than in my engine. :crying I was freaking out and trying to get it all cleaned up. Later that night I took the wife to dinner (in her car obviously) and I could pretty much follow my oil all the way to my house.

I could not sleep on saturday thinking about what could have gone wrong. I replayed the whole assembly over and over. It was towed to my indy today. Heres to wishful thinking!!

On a positive note, I got my taxes done.

I had planned on changing the rear diff fluid and do the cdv delete this next weekend. Yeah right, the indy is going to make some easy money. :dunno

kayger12
02-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Feel for you, bro. That sucks when you put the time in and don't get the desired result.

Curious to see where it went sideways...

Mtnman
02-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Yeah. Really interested in seeing the verdict. Sorry for ya JJ. I hate it when stuff happens like that. But dont get discouraged. Keep at it. Its probably something stupid and simple... not any major error on your part.

danewilson77
02-07-2011, 12:33 PM
You didn't get the VCG on there right I bet.

3 gaskets basically...

1. VANOS gasket - Metal....you put that back on...right?
2. VCG
3. Spark plug well gaskets.

If you replaced all three of those correctly, it shouldn't have leaked. I suspect that sense it leaked so bad......you may have forgotten the metal one....

jjcools
02-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks guys, I think I feel more stupid now. I talked to the indy and he said it was just a loose banjo bolt on the oil line that goes to the Vanos. I think that is the one that has the wholes in the end and is pressed in between the two washers. 5 quarts of oil and an hour labor and no more leak!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Dane. I did replace the Vanos gasket (metal) and other 3 gaskets (vcg and the two spark plug gaskets on the top of the vc) so I should be good there. I was nervous that maybe the VCG got folded over some where when we were putting it back on since you are pretty blind at that point.

Mtnman
02-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Well Shit. Best possible scenario in my opinion! You did do anything really stupid and screw up your car, and it was not very expensive to fix your mistake. Good Day. Could have been a lOT worse!
No go out there and do the cdv delete and Diff fluid this weekend! :fistpump(pep talk over)

danewilson77
02-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Yeah....good deal. That banjo bolt is for the vanos oil supply line (For the intake vanos piston)......damn.....lucky.

jjcools
02-07-2011, 03:24 PM
One thing I forgot to ask about. I was not there when the tow truck driver picked up the car but he told my wife that I was missing some strap from my tool kit.

Do you guys know which one he is referring to? I was thinking it was a strap that hooked into the tow screw, would that be right? I need to get one ordered incase i need another tow. Fingers crossed...

danewilson77
02-07-2011, 05:40 PM
My tool kit is complete and does not have a strap.