PDA

View Full Version : Forgestar/Modbargains debacle

Sockethead
07-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Kpro and I are in a battle with Modbargains now over a set of Forgestar F14F wheels that she waited 5 months to receive. These wheels were supposed to look just like the picture on Modbargains website with a huge polished lip on the back and decent sized polised lip on the front. She had them custom ordered with pink powder coated centers. The pink centers combined with the big lip would look bad-ass for sure. They told her that the maximum delivery date would be 9 weeks. Well that was March 11th after several broken promises on delivery dates and 5 months later we finally received them and they are hideous. there is no lip on the fronts and the backs only have an inch or less of a lip. Furthermore, the centers actually stick out past the rim of the wheel and the front center hub is about 5' thick. It looks terrible.

They're saying that the wheels are made properly for the car. Our point is that any wheel design can be made to fit a car but if it looks like it belongs on a Civic why would you do it?
Bottom line is she asked for wheels with a big lip and that isn't what she got

This is what she thought she was getting with a pink center

This is what she got:

Does anyone think that these look anything like the wheels on the website?

Before passing judgment on ModBargains (or any other vendor review) as to whether or not to purchase your wares from them, please read the thread in it's entirety, then make your decision. Thank you

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."

330i ZHP
07-19-2013, 12:43 PM
clearance for X5M brakes now...jk

330i ZHP
07-19-2013, 12:45 PM
how many INCHES of clearance between caliper and the inner surface on the face of the wheel?

johnrando
07-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Brutal, not even close.

BavarianZHP
07-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Mod bargains has some work to do. Even a blind man can see the difference. :facepalm

Those were not the wheels you two ordered for sure.

Avetiso
07-19-2013, 12:50 PM
I was very close to ordering wheels from them; will not be doing that, for sure.

Sorry to hear about this. They messed up and they should fix it.

Sockethead
07-19-2013, 12:55 PM
They told her to sell them on eBay!

johnrando
07-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Oh man I'd be pissed. That's a total joke! Clearly they think you'll give up. Definitely I'd file a claim/lawsuit against them.

TomTomTuning
07-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Ouch that sucks.

Did you have to choose your offset, or did they choose that for you?

BavarianZHP
07-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Use a lawsuit as your last resort - you may end up with nothing or even worse... Plus reputations and relations will be ruined and indirect relations (say possibly with other vendors/friends/family on modbargain's side) will be affected. Yes, they definitely messed up, but sometimes a compromise is the best solution for both parties.

Honestly, I would be surprised if you had to go to court for this - it seems pretty straightforward and they should know that potential customers will avoid them like the plague from now on if left uncorrected. Word spreads fast around the internet. They may even start getting defensive on it online to justify their decision, maintain their reputation, and rally their troops... However, I wish you the best on a speedy resolution.

Sockethead
07-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Ouch that sucks.

Did you have to choose your offset, or did they choose that for you?
They chose that for us Kris basically told them that she wanted a big lip in that back just like the ones in the picture and that she has a 135

Use a lawsuit as your last resort - you may end up with nothing or even worse... Plus reputations and relations will be ruined and indirect relations (say possibly with other vendors/friends/family on modbargain's side) will be affected. Yes, they definitely messed up, but sometimes a compromise is the best solution for both parties.

Honestly, I would be surprised if you had to go to court for this - it seems pretty straightforward and they should know that potential customers will avoid them like the plague from now on if left uncorrected. Word spreads fast around the internet. They may even start getting defensive on it online to justify their decision, maintain their reputation, and rally their troops... However, I wish you the best on a speedy resolution.

Kristen told them that she'd be willing to ship them back at her cost and buy another wheel that looks right from their stock but they won't take the wheels back and maintain that she got the proper offset when the issue is that there is no lip on them and they don't look anything like the website pictures and what they told her she was getting. I'm trying to word this without bashing them as we just want it resolved in a decent, timely manner...

zhpnsnv
07-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Ugh that is terrible. Take it up with your CC company, too. Customer service is terrible, too. Sorry you're dealing with this.

I haven't seen any good 135i wheels that have a lip due to the offset.

kpro
07-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Marc, That's what Modbargains is telling me that there are no decent wheels with a lip for the 1-series, but that wasn't the story when I dropped $4100 on these. At that time it could be done, I allowed them to pick the correct offset.

They took my money and kept their mouth shut about these looking nothing like what's pictured and never mentioned the extreme curve out past the lip for a 1-series which you can't tell from their pics.

I'm trying to work out a solution, contacted my bank. 7 days outside of dispute range. modbargains said if I shipped these back to them they would refuse them... The owner called me today and offered me a new set of what ever I would like other than F14F's for $500 more and suggested I sell these on eBay!! I'm offended. Then i would be in for $4600 with wheels I don't want. On top of that, Jurrian my sales guy called me dishonest since I cc'd his boss in reply to a nasty email. I wouldn't feel right selling these wheels to someone with out getting the front hubs machined down at least a half inch, did we mention the tires stick out past the fenders!! they don't believe me that this is the case :-(. I couldn't sell those to someone else.

I wish they would just take them back and let me buy something else instead of having to spend more for something I don't truly want.

The inside of the spoke is 4.5" away from the caliper on the fronts!!

danewilson77
07-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Lmao. Those look nothing like the picture.

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA

BavarianZHP
07-19-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm not sure why modbargains isn't eating the cost. They have insurance for this kind of stuff... Sad to say, but maybe you should've destroyed them and received money from the warranty - "Oh, they happen to come with some bullet holes - I want my $$$ back" kind of deal. $4100 should be nothing when it comes to a company, even if they have no insurance... If that's going to break them than they shouldn't be in the business. Whatever, their choice. I'm never buying anything from them.

As with the lawsuit, try to get it across to them that you're willing to negotiate and to give you some viable options (say ask them if they were in your shoes). Make it clear that you want to avoid a lawsuit since no one's gonna be happy about it. Also tell them you understand their situation and don't expect your all of your money back (and neither should they - it's a compromise. A mistake was made so offer them a situation where everyone evenly pays for it). I may be sounding harsh, but I would recommend you to see what losses you can guarantee from them so you can weigh your options.

Say, you agree to ship the wheels back and they get to keep $500... That's a starting point. The ebay request is ridiculous. Anyone can see that. With that demand they are distancing themselves away and saying "it's your problem" - DO NOT ACCEPT THAT. Urge them to work WITH you and tell them you would definitely prefer and are ready to work with them. Everyone here is unfortunately in a lose-lose situation.

If you think your relationship with them is bad now - imagine what it will be after you sue them. Blacklisted... They surely have connections being a niche company so I'd avoid it if at all possible. I mean, put yourselves in their place as well. If you were sued wouldn't you make sure their names got blacklisted from everywhere? "I got them exactly what they ordered and they sued me!" will be the story of the year if I was there CEO. Hell yeah. Not a good thing... for everybody.

I may be overreacting a bit but that's just what happened in our case, we won. They lost... but there are side effects for even the winners and some people will NEVER forget and will make it their mission to get 'revenge' since they have nothing else better to do. You can't control their reactions. In my eyes, in lawsuits everyone loses (only the lawyers win).

BavarianZHP
07-19-2013, 04:55 PM
Also get everything in writing. IF this goes to court, you can inform the judge (through recorded emails) you extended your olive branch to them and tried to work things out before coming to court - it'll only help your case and cast a bad light on them (eg: ebay). Hopefully, you can instill to the judge that you're in court because of them and not the other way around...

"We really tried to negotiate with them... but they wouldn't have it..." make them out to be the bad guys.

yura
07-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Sorry to hear about such a bad experience. For the money you paid them and the ridiculous delays, the should be bending over backwards for you. I'll be sure to never buy anything from them.

Whitexi
07-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Sorry to hear about such a bad experience. For the money you paid them and the ridiculous delays, the should be bending over backwards for you. I'll be sure to never buy anything from them.

+1

I have had to deal with issues like this before from a vendor. Not near as much money but still enough to really make me not ever buy anything from them again!

midlandtech
07-19-2013, 06:58 PM

I will suspend the purchases I had planed from their website too. They need to make this right. Their unwillingness to correct the issue honestly surprises me.

BCS_ZHP
07-19-2013, 07:47 PM
K-Pro that's terrible, how the wheels turned out & what they offered. An idea: tell them one more time you'd like to resolve this before involving others. If they refuse then if you can provide the boss's email address on the Member's Only side of our forum, we unleash the Mafia in full force with emails that we won't do business with them until your issue is resolved and we all will tell them we will do all in our power to deter other people from doing business with them. I would think if a couple hundred emails came into that effect, the business operators will realize they hit a hornet's nest.

S85FTW
07-19-2013, 08:36 PM
A little insight on forgestar, they sell cast rims, not forged. Their company name is very misleading. Looking at the picture it shows a forged wheel, what you received is a cast wheel. (Dead giveaway is the fat spokes that bow out to stick out past the wheel). Cast wheel makers do this because cast iron is not strong enough to have thin narrow spokes, it will crack or even disintegrate at highway speeds. Which is why you received what you got.

Secondly, I considered their rims for my E46 but did some research and found a ton of bad reviews on their products. I mean A TON. Everything from cracked wheels, to vibrating wheels (due to poor craftsmanship, not balancing!), to wheels of the wrong offset, size, and finish. The owners that did receive reasonable appearing wheels, did notice that the faces of the rims did erode prematurely. Not trying to rub it in your face at all but I call your CC company you made the payment with and have it as an unauthorized transaction. Mention, you purchased A, you got B and the seller is really trying to swindle you out of your money by not offering a refund. Those wheels look like $400 wheels tops. The powdercoating was probably more expensive than the actual wheels. Go with a brand you trust!

Here are some links I just dug up really quick for your ammo. Sorry to see you guys go through this.
http://www.myg37.com/forums/wheels-and-tires/200507-beware-of-forgestar.html
http://forums.5series.net/e60-parts-accessories-mods-22/forgestar-wheels-99166/
http://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/576549-cracked-forgestar-f14-beware.html

Avetiso
07-19-2013, 08:39 PM
I think Bruce's idea might be last resort, but damn, I'd be IN.

yura
07-19-2013, 09:34 PM

Absolutely. +1

Sockethead
07-20-2013, 08:23 AM
We really appreciate everyone's support here. It good to know that everyone here feels the same way as us.

We are at Bimmwrfest right now and I've been asking random people that have been checking out Kpro's car...every one I've shown those forge stars to have said they are hideous.

fredo
07-20-2013, 08:34 AM

+1

zhpnsnv
07-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Marc, That's what Modbargains is telling me that there are no decent wheels with a lip for the 1-series, but that wasn't the story when I dropped $4100 on these. At that time it could be done, I allowed them to pick the correct offset.

They took my money and kept their mouth shut about these looking nothing like what's pictured and never mentioned the extreme curve out past the lip for a 1-series which you can't tell from their pics.

I'm trying to work out a solution, contacted my bank. 7 days outside of dispute range. modbargains said if I shipped these back to them they would refuse them... The owner called me today and offered me a new set of what ever I would like other than F14F's for $500 more and suggested I sell these on eBay!! I'm offended. Then i would be in for $4600 with wheels I don't want. On top of that, Jurrian my sales guy called me dishonest since I cc'd his boss in reply to a nasty email. I wouldn't feel right selling these wheels to someone with out getting the front hubs machined down at least a half inch, did we mention the tires stick out past the fenders!! they don't believe me that this is the case :-(. I couldn't sell those to someone else.

I wish they would just take them back and let me buy something else instead of having to spend more for something I don't truly want.

The inside of the spoke is 4.5" away from the caliper on the fronts!!

Oh yea there is no doubt that they were not forthright in this transaction. Bottom line is they promised something they could not deliver; you should have a full refund.

kpro
07-21-2013, 06:58 AM
Received an email from the owner of the company late last night. My intention is to come to a decent compromise with them, and it looks like he's willing to work with me now. I'm going to ship them back at my cost, and he will let either let me get a refund or something else. I'm glad they're stepping up to the plate with this one and taking care of it.

I still want my pink wheels, so I'm going to research other brands they sell before I make a choice of different wheels they sell or a refund. Then have them powder coated locally if I go that route.

After having one of the Breyton's on our 3-series break like a Rota on the way home from Bimmerfest, I'm skeptical of anything cast but our roads in Jersey are crap so I'm thankful there was no accident, I think most wheels they sell are cast. Thinking of the VMR-701 or 721 if they sell VMR...but need to do a little research.

I will keep you guys updated as we come to a solution.

danewilson77
07-21-2013, 07:02 AM
Good deal Kristen. Happy to see MB take the proper actions. IMO shipping back on your dime is still poor customer service though.

midlandtech
07-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Good deal Kristen. Happy to see MB take the proper actions. IMO shipping back on your dime is still poor customer service though.

Glad your are comfortable with the deal but I agree with Dane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Whitexi
07-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Much better to hear this Kristen.

BavarianZHP
07-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Glad to hear they're trying to help out. If I may, companies usually have an account with shippers at a discounted rate. You can ask them for their account number and reimburse them - may save you a lot in a case like this.

zhpnsnv
07-21-2013, 09:19 AM
Glad they're taking care of you. Are VMR wheels better quality?

kpro
07-21-2013, 09:48 AM
Dane, he just emailed and said that he would send return labels and take them back.

I trust my friend at the shop down the road who put in my LSD, they are a very well know race shop...his opinion and I trust what he said: that philly/south jersey roads are no place for VMR wheels.

I've read a lot today on them and most of the VMR line is gravity cast. I ignored all the reviews I've read about finish issues because whatever I choose is getting powder coated pink, so I'm not worried about that. There were many complaints of cracks though. Still trying to make up my mind in a hurry, as I don't want to drag this out. I want a rear lip :(

I like the V701's, but they're an $800 set of wheels...where as these forgestars were $2747 before I added the pink powdercoat, tires, BMW center caps, and shipping...bringing it to $4100. Maybe I will just go the refund route, I don't know I'm so indecisive :(

Avetiso
07-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Better to be indecisive than go through this again.

DasMechaniKer
07-21-2013, 02:18 PM
When I machine gravity cast material at work it's all garbage. I wouldn't buy gravity cast for any reason Kristen. There are always chunks of crap in the material. It's just luck of the draw if you get something solid or not.

Centrifical or Pressure Cast is a different story.

DasMechaniKer
07-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Talked to a pro about casting and edited previous post. My father has been a machinist for 45 years and Centrifical is better than Pressure. Gravity is crap.

danewilson77
07-21-2013, 03:45 PM
Go counter pressure cast or forged.

danewilson77
07-21-2013, 03:59 PM
These with pink spokes.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=RG734HDSK&wheelMake=BBS&wheelModel=RGR&wheelFinish=Bright+Silver+Paint&showRear=yes&selectedRear=RG762HDSK&autoMake=BMW&autoModel=330i+Performance+Pkg&autoYear=2004&autoModClar=&filterFinish=All&filterSize=All&filterBrand=BBS&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

/thread

cakM3
07-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Kristen and Rob, I'm glad to see there will be a resolution on this very bad issue. I know it's been a major headache for you guys! Glad to see it's almost over! :thumbsup

Because of what you guys went through I will never ever buy a Forgestar product. :guns

330i ZHP
07-21-2013, 06:06 PM
You cannot go wrong with BBS LMs (most BBS for that matter) or HRE and def go with real forged for strength and weight savings

Avetiso
07-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Are cast wheels really that weak?

danewilson77
07-21-2013, 06:22 PM
You cannot go wrong with BBS LMs (most BBS for that matter) or HRE and def go with real forged for strength and weight savings

My ck's are counter pressure cast and they've tested sat. He's are in a different league... Lol.

330i ZHP
07-21-2013, 06:26 PM
I have only bent/cracked (at same time) one BBS wheel, it was a CH) I didn't realize (due to the 30 series tire) the tire was flat and latter that day drove down a dirt road...again, never could tell the tire was flat...anyway, I bent the rim and a slight crack. Rim was fixed for $75 and was true and held air for another few years for me and then for another guy from e46fan for a few years

Sockethead
07-22-2013, 07:00 AM
Unfortunately, real forged wheels are so damned expensive... We're looking at low pressure cast wheels.... Double since I need a set now that my front left had a catastrophic failure.

These with pink spokes.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=RG734HDSK&wheelMake=BBS&wheelModel=RGR&wheelFinish=Bright+Silver+Paint&showRear=yes&selectedRear=RG762HDSK&autoMake=BMW&autoModel=330i+Performance+Pkg&autoYear=2004&autoModClar=&filterFinish=All&filterSize=All&filterBrand=BBS&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

/thread

Dane, they don't make them in the 1 series offset...
Funny, even those Breytons on my car can't be had in the e46 offset. The only reason they work on my car is 10mm spacers all around...

UdubBadger
07-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Hated hearing about this

johnrando
07-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Glad to hear they seem to be stepping up... way to keep the conversations going.

kpro
07-22-2013, 10:20 AM
I really do want something forged...I thought the F14F was, but only to find out when I got them that the centers were cast then welded to a forged rim, seems like the only "forged" wheel ModBargains sells, I may be wrong. I haven't found anything else though, and unfortunately they don't sell BBS. I think I'm just going to go the refund route at this point. I haven't heard from anyone today so I'm just waiting for his call to let him know what I've decided or maybe I should just email him.

danewilson77
07-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Diggin those OZ's.

Vas
07-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Some Advans would be sick.

yura
07-22-2013, 01:11 PM

I had 18" OZ Ultraleggera wheels on my ZHP. Cracked them three times in two years of ownership. For me, with the local roads, it's OEM or forged aftermarket. With Cali's great roads you should be okay with cast wheels, but up here... no way.

DasMechaniKer
07-22-2013, 01:56 PM

A gravity cast is just a pour, you get what you get, there are cavities in them, sometimes very large ones. Also they are cast in sand and the sand sometimes gets in the casting itself and weakens the affected area. When you machine a casting you make it nice and smooth but you just don't know for sure what is inside the part, wheel in this case. They are probably not tested for cavitation either. So as long as the machined surface is smooth they send them on to the next guy.

If the cast is done via pressure or centrifuge then the molten alloy is pressed into the mold via pressure. This usually makes them much more solid.

I've machined gravity cast aluminum and had 1 inch holes show up inside them out of nowhere, just an air pocket. I've also hit rocks, metal of a different material, all kinds of crazy shit sometimes. You gotta figure if the guy that is making them is pissed there is no tellin what he or she will put in there. The cheaper the casting the cheaper the employee was paid to make it and the more likely you'll find imperfections of some sort in them.

ALSO...most castings are two pieces put together. So if they connect them carelessly then you'll be riding on a wheel that is weak right down the middle.

I don't machine wheels.....not yet at least. We have a client that we are talking to right now though. I can't disclose any further information but we'll see how those casting look like. I'll probably be the one making them so I'll have a much better insight into the whole process in a few months.

Vas
07-22-2013, 01:59 PM
^^^^Off topic but are you a cnc machinest ?

danewilson77
07-22-2013, 02:00 PM
I had 18" OZ Ultraleggera wheels on my ZHP. Cracked them three times in two years of ownership. For me, with the local roads, it's OEM or forged aftermarket. With Cali's great roads you should be okay with cast wheels, but up here... no way.

Good info. How does warranty work on OZ's?

DasMechaniKer
07-22-2013, 02:00 PM
^^^^Off topic but are you a cnc machinest ?

I am.

Vas
07-22-2013, 02:01 PM
^^^ glad to have another one here on the boards then.

yura
07-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Good info. How does warranty work on OZ's?

No idea. The wheels came with the car, so it never occurred for me to check into warranty.

danewilson77
07-22-2013, 02:04 PM
No idea. The wheels came with the car, so it never occurred for me to check into warranty.

So you cracked 3 separate rims.

yura
07-22-2013, 02:06 PM
So you cracked 3 separate rims.

Yup. Was charged $300 to fix the first one. Discovered cracks 2 and 3 at the same time (one was leaking air), so I got rid of the wheels for $100 (had them posted on here with photos, too - might be able to dig it up in my post history), and picked up an OEM set.

Sockethead
07-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Yup. Was charged $300 to fix the first one. Discovered cracks 2 and 3 at the same time (one was leaking air), so I got rid of the wheels for $100 (had them posted on here with photos, too - might be able to dig it up in my post history), and picked up an OEM set.

I remember when you were selling them...
Hmm yea I was seriously thinking about getting OZ Formula HLT.

Where did they crack? Rim edge?

I've cracked 3 BMW style 135s too...

yura
07-22-2013, 04:03 PM
I remember when you were selling them...
Hmm yea I was seriously thinking about getting OZ Formula HLT.

Where did they crack? Rim edge?

I've cracked 3 BMW style 135s too...

If I remember correctly, yes, the cracks all started at the outer edges and went inwards, perpendicular to the wheel.

BimmerWill
07-23-2013, 04:07 AM
Glad to hear you've been able to come to some sort of agreement with them. I can only imagine the heartache you experienced with this whole experience.

So is it my understanding that VMR's won't hold up very well due to being a gravity cast? I was wanting ti getca set of VMR's myself.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

zhpnsnv
07-26-2013, 04:14 AM
You might have seen this, but check out post # 13. I think those are pretty expensive wheels, though.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=785923

danewilson77
07-26-2013, 04:26 AM
You might have seen this, but check out post # 13. I think those are pretty expensive wheels, though.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=785923

Those look badass on that car.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Avetiso
07-26-2013, 09:53 AM
Those look badass on that car.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

+1

kpro
07-26-2013, 12:10 PM
I went with the VMR-V701's like the 128i in that post, I'm just hoping they hold up to the roads out here. They are pretty cheap wheels though at $800/set they will most likely be going straight to the powder coater when they show up here Wednesday if the babies don't show up first. I saw a set on a 135 at Bimmerfest and they looked decent on it.

zhpnsnv
07-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Those 701s are my favorite affordable aftermarket wheel for the 1er because it's classy and to me could even be an oem design. Can't wait to see them on yours.

ELCID86
07-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Have you thought about plastidip instead of powder coating them? Would allow you to go back to stock fairly easily. I'm sure you have.

Shawn in VA.
Via thumbs and Tapatalk.

Sockethead
07-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Have you thought about plastidip instead of powder coating them? Would allow you to go back to stock fairly easily. I'm sure you have.

Shawn in VA.
Via thumbs and Tapatalk.

Uhhh... no we haven't :scratchinghead

That's a great idea... we're looking for hot pink right now...

ryankokesh
07-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Pretty sure they have a hot pink color. Found out this weekend that my local Home Depot carries a few new colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avetiso
07-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Those 701's would be HOT in hot pink.

330i ZHP
07-30-2013, 03:40 AM
plastidip is avail in just about any color - but for most you wont have spray bomb as option

http://compare.ebay.com/like/151021741531?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

330i ZHP
07-30-2013, 03:41 AM
http://www.plastidip.net.au/html-file-repo/plasti%20dip%20colours%201_8.jpg

kpro
08-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Sent the forgestars back on Thursday, just waiting for my refund and in will post updated thread info :-). I'm going to get the VmR's powder coated but I had babies instead. So powder coating will have to wait a few weeks.

Sockethead
08-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Here's a quick shot of 'em

I really like them... especially the back ones

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp325/r_powell123/IMG_1705_zps8f28c192.jpg

cakM3
08-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Sent the forgestars back on Thursday, just waiting for my refund and in will post updated thread info :-). I'm going to get the VmR's powder coated but I had babies instead. So powder coating will have to wait a few weeks.

Congrats KPro!!!

Here's a quick shot of 'em

I really like them... especially the back ones

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp325/r_powell123/IMG_1705_zps8f28c192.jpg

Wheels look awesome Rob! :thumbsup

johnrando
08-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Good news.

Pip
08-06-2013, 07:25 AM
I like the wheels. I love that you both had time to post about them while having babies.

ELCID86
08-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Babies come first! In your "spare" time: https://www.dipyourcar.com/pages.php?pageid=9

Shawn in VA.
Via thumbs and Tapatalk.

kpro
02-13-2014, 01:14 PM
This issue was resolved with a positive outcome. Sorry if this was not noted on the front page. Refund received. Great customer service from Alan and Ron, Its appreciated.

BCS_ZHP
02-13-2014, 01:46 PM
KPro, good to see you around these parts, hope the twins are doing well, sure they're running you & Rob ragged.

johnrando
02-13-2014, 03:47 PM
KPro, good to see you around these parts, hope the twins are doing well, sure they're running you & Rob ragged.

+ many

danewilson77
02-13-2014, 06:50 PM
Good to hear ModBargains FINALLY did the the right thing.

Respect restored.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

kayger12
02-13-2014, 07:21 PM
This issue was resolved with a positive outcome. Sorry if this was not noted on the front page. Refund received. Great customer service from Alan and Ron, Its appreciated.

:hi :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

danewilson77
07-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Based on MB response, they must have never had a negative review.

Interesting.

danewilson77
09-26-2014, 05:18 PM

Respect restored.

So prying eyes understand, I will not be deleting negative reviews from my site. It would completely defeat the purpose of this subforum. I'm not really interested in making this Yelp, but I want my members taken care of. If they are taken care, through a positive customer service experience after the initial nagative thread has been started, I may consider it, but I'll just go ahead and reserve that right.

Additionally, please contact the vendor of your ware first, prior to blasting anyone. Give them a chance to make it right. Perform your due diligence. This is not implying whatsoever that the customer's in this case didn't perform their due diligence.

DW, out.

The friendliest forum on the planet!

Avetiso
09-29-2014, 05:19 PM
So prying eyes understand, I will not be deleting negative reviews from my site. It would completely defeat the purpose of this subforum. I'm not really interested in making this Yelp, but I want my members taken care of. If they are taken care, through a positive customer service experience after the initial nagative thread has been started, I may consider it, but I'll just go ahead and reserve that right.

Additionally, please contact the vendor of your ware first, prior to blasting anyone. Give them a chance to make it right. Perform your due diligence. This is not implying whatsoever that the customer's in this case didn't perform their due diligence.

DW, out.

The friendliest forum on the planet!
Just gonna go ahead and assume they wanted this taken down?

BimmerWill
09-29-2014, 05:22 PM
Just gonna go ahead and assume they wanted this taken down?
Assumption probably correct lol

CarbonZHP
09-29-2014, 07:08 PM
I've worked for a stretch at ModBargains..

danewilson77
10-15-2014, 08:15 AM

Respect restored.

As Kristen mentioned, this situation has been resolved.

johnrando
10-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Great news. Kris, :hi