PDA

View Full Version : Quick Review - BSW Subwoofer for Convertible (ib110)

Cabrio330
07-29-2013, 05:42 AM
I just installed the BSW ib110 subwoofer for convertibles. Link to the BavSound website is below. Purchased this used from another BMW forum for $525, and paid a local car audio shop $125 to install it for me.

I am not an audiophile and at my age (51) my hearing is starting to fade, most likely due to my propensity to listen to loud music in my car. But, in my opinion the addition of this subwoofer has transformed the stock HK sound system from tolerable to very good. And that is no small feat in a convertible!

Even the other speakers seem to perform and sound better, which I understand is due to them no longer having to carry the lower signals that the ib110 now does so much better than the stock subwoofer. I still need to tweak the amplifier settings for each of my music sources (radio, CD and Ipod), but thus far I keep the BSW subwoofer set at its lowest level, and I still get plenty of bass. For those of you who are younger and enjoy loud, thumping bass, I think this sub will provide plenty of that.

For $650 all-in, I am very pleased with this product. I have purchased and installed BSW speaker system upgrades for two previous E46 sedans, including their subwoofer, and in those cases I thought the improvement was o.k. The improvement with the ib110 sub has been fantastic.

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/product/507/196/BMW-E46-Subwoofer-System-E46-Convertible-M3-3-Series/

ELCID86
07-29-2013, 05:48 AM
GLad it worked for you and thanks for the review.

Shawn in VA.
Via thumbs and Tapatalk.

johnrando
07-29-2013, 06:36 AM
GLad it worked for you and thanks for the review.

Shawn in VA.
Via thumbs and Tapatalk.

+1 I might have to look into this.