PDA

View Full Version : ZHP Exhaust

Pip
07-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Not sure a new thread is needed, but I wanted to get some feedback from some more experienced folks.

I plan on installing my TSE3 soon and am wondering if it is something I should do myself or spend the money having a shop install. If wisdom says take it in that is exactly what I'll do. The car is a CA car that lived all its life in LA. It has ~85k miles. I've read that some PB blaster and grunt work can get the old one off, but I'd rather not spend all day/night working to get the old exhaust off because I don't have the right tools.

Any insight from those who have done this job before?

derbo
07-31-2013, 10:10 AM
Sean,

You need a 15mm and 13mm with some extensions and a ratchet for tools.

I literally just did the TSE3 install about 2 weeks ago. It took me about 45minutes tops by myself including jacking up the car and getting the exhaust assembled.
13mm unbolts just about everything except the exhaust manifold 15mm nuts.

I suggest having a 2nd person around to help you drop the exhaust cause the stock one is pretty damn heavy. Another suggestion is to have new nuts, and studs on hand in case you do get stuck. New gaskets as well. I like to be prepared for the worse. :)

Avetiso
07-31-2013, 11:06 AM
I could help if you need it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Pip
07-31-2013, 10:03 PM
^thank you both. Dario I will probably take you up on the offer. I'm looking at the weekend of Aug. 17, but I'll let you know.