PDA

View Full Version : DICE ---> SiriusXM Question

MiniD
08-11-2013, 04:31 PM
The car I purchased came with what I guess is the DICE media bridge. When I picked up the car, the owner was like, "Oh yeah, the car has DICE and SiriusXM, but the satellite radio is weird".

On the drive home, I clicked 'mode' twice and what do ya' know . . . XM worked perfect. Next day I get in the car and when I clicked mode, XM wouldn't even show up on my radio display. It wouldn't give me the option to listen to XM. I've owned the car for about a month and this issue has been in place since the day I picked up the car.

It's not a matter of the PO canceling the service -- I don't even get the XM prompt when I click mode twice like I did the first day I got the car (and on my previous ZHP).

FWIW, the rest of the DICE system works fine.

What could the issue be?

ryankokesh
08-11-2013, 04:51 PM
You have to hit the mode button within a few seconds of changing to the Mediabridge input. It's kinda weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MiniD
08-11-2013, 05:01 PM
You have to hit the mode button within a few seconds of changing to the Mediabridge input. It's kinda weird.

Wait, what? :shifty

ryankokesh
08-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Sorry, not mode.

When you're on dice but have the wrong dice input, hit mode to cycle through everything and eventually get back to dice. Then hit seek forward to cycle through dice inputs.

Maybe I'm answering the wrong question, lol. :dunno

MiniD
08-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Sorry, not mode.

When you're on dice but have the wrong dice input, hit mode to cycle through everything and eventually get back to dice. Then hit seek forward to cycle through dice inputs.

Maybe I'm answering the wrong question, lol. :dunno

I'm somewhat confused, but I will try that. The issue at hand in the simplest form is this: The car is wired for XM and worked the day I got the car. Now, I don't even have the XM prompt in my radio.