PDA

View Full Version : ZHP Specific Suspension Components

Stewbie
08-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Okay, I know I've seen some discussions here on ZHP specific suspension components. Darned if I can find any of them now.

Taking my car in to a local independent shop next week as the front end feels a bit loose and is getting looser. My suspicion based on the way it drives would be a bad front right tie rod end.

This shop has the best reputation in town of all the indies, so I expect they will know about ZHP specific parts (for example the lower control arms). That said, there are very few ZHP's in Vancouver so maybe they haven't seen very many of them. Not wanting to take chances with my baby, I would like to show up at the shop educated so I can point them in the right direction if need be.

Other than the front control arms, are there any other ZHP specific steering / suspension parts?

Separately, but related, I would infer from all the talk of replacing lower control arms that the ball joints are not serviceable parts on these cars. You have to replace the whole control arm, which are ZHP specific as shown on realoem. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks in advance!

danewilson77
08-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Your understanding is correct.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

sketchyd
08-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Springs are zhp specific. Doubt that will come up though.

Tapped on a talk device