PDA

View Full Version : MS45: Disabling sensors/monitors

wertyu78
08-22-2013, 08:06 PM
For starters, I've been searching for these answers for quite some time now. I've never been able to come up with a solid answer. From what I've been able to gather, us ZHP owners don't have the luxury of flashing a European tune to our cars such as EU2/EU3. This is quite upsetting as many members with MS43 equipped E46's state they love the results obtained from the Euro tunes.

I will soon be installing cat-less headers and I'd love to somehow disable the post-cat O2 sensors and SAP. Has anyone successfully created a tune that disables these monitors? I believe AA has, but I'm not going to buy their tune. I'd rather use that amount of money to have the car Dyno tuned... mostly due to the fact that my compression is 11:5:1 and that I'll soon have custom cams.

Reckless
08-26-2013, 10:03 AM
in for answer because I am wondering the same thing. Only thing in question is how the computer figures the adaptations is off 4 different throttle position sensors and I thought one of those was the post cat O2 sensors. Please correct me if I am wrong, or if the tune is able to still calculate off the other three readings.

Brian

Smolck
11-19-2013, 06:37 PM
For starters, I've been searching for these answers for quite some time now. I've never been able to come up with a solid answer. From what I've been able to gather, us ZHP owners don't have the luxury of flashing a European tune to our cars such as EU2/EU3. This is quite upsetting as many members with MS43 equipped E46's state they love the results obtained from the Euro tunes.

I will soon be installing cat-less headers and I'd love to somehow disable the post-cat O2 sensors and SAP. Has anyone successfully created a tune that disables these monitors? I believe AA has, but I'm not going to buy their tune. I'd rather use that amount of money to have the car Dyno tuned... mostly due to the fact that my compression is 11:5:1 and that I'll soon have custom cams.

My understanding is that AA has a tune that will eliminate the post cat 02s and the CEL that comes with not running them. Not sure if it can disable the stupid SAP stuff. I also read they can set your idle to 900rpm to help with light flywheel rattle.