PDA

View Full Version : Tarheel track weekend

Asiah119
09-17-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm registered for the Tarheel CCA track weekend\driving school set for Nov 22-23 and saw that there's another ZHP registered for the weekend and wanted to try to get in contact before the weekend. I figured this would be the best place to try to do that.

brettbimmer
09-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Are you signed up for the school at VIR? Wish it was me, but alas it is not. Have fun at the track - it's a wonderful track if you haven't yet enjoyed it. In my experience, not too many mafia members in the area that regularly attend the track unfortunately. Hopefully we can change that!

Asiah119
09-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I'm signed up. I have a family friend who is an instructor that has taken me out for a few laps on the previous two events and got me hooked. I played at driving during the parade laps which got me even more hooked. November isn't going to come soon enough. I just hope that it's dry.

3ZHPGUY
09-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Should be a great time, be sure to have your tech inspected by someone that knows what to look for. I had the unfortunate luck of being black flagged on my first driving school for having a bad strut in my left front that caused my track time to end prematurely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Asiah119
09-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Should be a great time, be sure to have your tech inspected by someone that knows what to look for. I had the unfortunate luck of being black flagged on my first driving school for having a bad strut in my left front that caused my track time to end prematurely.

I'm going to have a mechanic friend do it. He does chump races and has done the hpde with tarheel cca before so he knows whats up.

Hes actually giving my car a once over right now to put off any surprises right before event.

Asiah119
09-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Random followup that I don't think requires its own thread:

I'm using torque on my phone for all of the goodies that it provides, like the track recorder. The problem is that I don't have a car mount. Do any of you fine gents have any recommendations for or against mounts? Its for a Galaxy S3