derbo
NorCalZman
wsmeyer
NorCal-Dmitri

Other potentials who have yet to respond:
Pip (can't make it)
Hermes

Suggested plans:

9:00am Meet at Treasure Island. Let's try to keep things punctual, guys.
10:00am Leave Treasure Island towards Alice's via Highway 35 (Skyline Blvd)
12:30pm Leave Alice's, drive down Highway 84 toward the beach.
1:30pm Arrive at beach, stop and take pictures.
2:30pm Drive up Highway 1 back north. Stop at Ocean Beach, take some finals pictures, exchange phone numbers, goodbye hugs, tears, etc.
4:30pm Split.

What do you guys think of that?

Initial post: So there's been expressed interest in a ZHP Mafia meet for us Northern California people. The time frame is somewhere around Thanksgiving, for consideration of those (like Jay and I and a few others) who are still in school.

Lanister and I wanted to post a planned day that you all could comment on and give some input on, but since I don't know the bay at all, I'll leave that up to you guys for specifics.

I was thinking, though, that early morning we could make somewhere in the Bay for breakfast/coffee. Then, we could go somewhere the new Bay Bridge is visible and take pictures of our collection of not-special cars.

After that, Lanister suggested that we take a drive down Highway 1. We could possibly stop in a few places and take some pictures.

And that's where everything I know ends. I'm not sure how far we could go down Highway 1 or what's worth seeing down there, good places to take pictures, eat, drift (lol), and things of that sort.

So for those of you in the Bay, what are your suggestions?

Also, who is interested?

imola red zhp
09-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Dario
Thanks for starting to organize, I tried last year and we had a few participants, I had actually tried for a July and ended up with a late Aug. Meet
Your idea of breakfast and drive sounds great. Thanksgiving may be tough for the family folk, but that weekend may be good.
I live in the east bay, but grew up in the city so I'm familiar with what type of drive you wanna have.
Dennis

sent from my Personal Electronic Device

Avetiso
09-19-2013, 12:04 PM
My pleasure. I know Thanksgiving can be tough, so that's why I am hoping most of us can talk about this ahead of time. There are always 1 day holidays we can utilize; nothing's set in stone.

Lanister
09-19-2013, 01:43 PM
How about just a weekend in November?

As for activities, I thought we could meet up at a parking lot by Ocean Beach and go from there. It's usually quite wide open. It would be pretty hard to get to the Golden Gate bridge on a weekend. Then, I was going to offer a nice and easy drive down HWY 1 to Half Moon Bay and grab some fish and chips for lunch. We will have a few places along the way where we can pull over and take a few spectacular shots.

Thoughts?

Avetiso
09-19-2013, 02:05 PM
How about just a weekend in November?

As for activities, I thought we could meet up at a parking lot by Ocean Beach and go from there. It's usually quite wide open. It would be pretty hard to get to the Golden Gate bridge on a weekend. Then, I was going to offer a nice and easy drive down HWY 1 to Half Moon Bay and grab some fish and chips for lunch. We will have a few places along the way where we can pull over and take a few spectacular shots.

Thoughts?
Sounds like a fun way to spend a day.

toddness
09-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Of course I am always partial to Marin cruises, but I'll try to make whatever is decided.

I'll try to scope out some spots we can get photos of the Norcal family, their rides, and new Bay Bridge, though this may prove somewhat difficult between the old bridge photo bombing and finding a location that works. Treasure Island or Emeryville/Berkeley are probably the best bets for this until the old bridge is removed.

I do coach or play hockey in the mornings, but I'd be good around 11 any Saturday (barring work overwhelming me).

Let's do it!

LivesNearCostco
09-19-2013, 02:22 PM
subscribed to thread, hope I can join. Might be in So Cal for Thanksgiving.

trancenation
09-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Ocean Beach, and a stroll along the coast works well for me! A photoshoot with all of us Nor Cal/Bay Area folks would be nice.

Avetiso
09-19-2013, 06:34 PM
Ok, so what is that, 5 people? Maybe give it a few days to see if anyone else is down, then we could make a tentative schedule.

toddness
09-19-2013, 06:53 PM
You know, Burning Man started at Ocean Beach, maybe we are on to something...

Derbo and Pip will make 7. My wife will show, we may end up with two bimmers there.

I think the Randeaux and Hermes should make the drive up. Maybe the Boss could fly in?

Johal E32
09-19-2013, 07:16 PM
I might be able to come in the touring, but I am not sure.

If it's okay, I can have four other friends potentially come too. They al have E46's, M3, a ZHP, 325ci/5spd, and a 325ci. All fellow enthusiasts.

Again, this is a maybe. I'm pretty busy right now so we will see..

toddness
09-19-2013, 07:18 PM
I'd love to see the touring....I say bring 'em. Let's set a date soon!

johnrando
09-19-2013, 08:34 PM
I'd be up for driving up, but don't make the schedule around that.

Avetiso
09-19-2013, 09:18 PM
JR, what's a good time for you? Looks a lot of people could be down, I'd love to get as many as we could. If my buddy has his M done by then, might be another show.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

What's good and bad timing for everyone here? As a student, I could probably pull a day out of my schedule to suit everyone else's needs.

Lanister
09-19-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm good with a Saturday or a Sunday. The more notice I have the better.

derbo
09-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Black friday I am doing a buttonwillow track event. I haven't decided if I am going to be down in socal for the weekend or if I am going to come back up.

toddness
09-20-2013, 01:17 AM
How about the weekend before the food coma....

JKO_ZHP
09-20-2013, 01:39 AM
I'd be up for driving up, but don't make the schedule around that.

Drove up to San Jose from the 909 area two separate times. Even went at 2AM in the dead of night to avoid traffic.

Never again...those two days up north, had more close calls than I have in the past 5 years in my area :facepalm

Avetiso
09-20-2013, 11:22 AM
How's November 23rd?

Avetiso
09-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Drove up to San Jose from the 909 area two separate times. Even went at 2AM in the dead of night to avoid traffic.

Never again...those two days up north, had more close calls than I have in the past 5 years in my area :facepalm
Aw, come on, dude. Let's go. A day here will definitely up your driving skills. :rofl

Lanister
09-20-2013, 11:26 AM

Close calls? In what sense?

NorCalZman
09-20-2013, 12:51 PM
I would for sure be able to make it if it was the weekend of November 15th. The next weekend I will most likely be traveling to SoCal for Thanksgiving week/weekend. Goodluck with the planning! Sometimes its like herding cats. Hah.

Avetiso
09-20-2013, 01:21 PM
How's the 16th?

derbo
09-20-2013, 01:27 PM
I would for sure be able to make it if it was the weekend of November 15th. The next weekend I will most likely be traveling to SoCal for Thanksgiving week/weekend. Goodluck with the planning! Sometimes its like herding cats. Hah.

Planning with the Bay Area people is definitely the hardest thing too...

I am uncertain how my projects at work will be. They dictate my schedule since I am salary based..

Avetiso
09-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Planning with the Bay Area people is definitely the hardest thing too...

I am uncertain how my projects at work will be. They dictate my schedule since I am salary based..
I understand. As much as I would love to, odds are, not everyone will be able to attend. :( You do have two months ahead of time if we do decide on a date, but work has this nice tendency of screwing people last minute.

derbo
09-20-2013, 01:40 PM
I understand. As much as I would love to, odds are, not everyone will be able to attend. :( You do have two months ahead of time if we do decide on a date, but work has this nice tendency of screwing people last minute.

Agreed. I'll be happy to attend if I am available. Lately I've been busy on weekends.

johnrando
09-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Might be able to make the 16th work but again, don't schedule around me. Wife, kids, schedules can be tough.

Avetiso
09-20-2013, 03:16 PM
OP updated with some very tentative plans of what might happen. Please toss in your input and what you guys wanna do, what time we could meet, etc... Any pertinent info.

Johal E32
09-20-2013, 04:33 PM
May I suggest meeting at Treasure Island to take photos and what not? It's a good spot for most people, I think?

Avetiso
09-20-2013, 04:50 PM
May I suggest meeting at Treasure Island to take photos and what not? It's a good spot for most people, I think?

Is there enough room for all of us to park?

Sent from a junkyard via GS4.

Lanister
09-20-2013, 05:02 PM
I've never been there :dunno

Johal E32
09-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Is there enough room for all of us to park?

TONS of room to park.

Here are some pics from there with my E46 friends

http://e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=996592&highlight=

Avetiso
09-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Those are some nice pictures.

toddness
09-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Nov. 16 or 17 - Do eet!

Toga, Toga, Toga!

toddness
09-21-2013, 07:16 AM
Maybe I am being a little tooooooooooo enthusiastic.

Avetiso
09-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Maybe I am being a little tooooooooooo enthusiastic.

Not at all. I can't wait.

Avetiso
09-21-2013, 07:39 AM
I spoke with Sean, who can't make it the sixteenth, unfortunately.

NorCalZman
09-21-2013, 10:27 AM
San Francisco is a nice central meeting place and close to a ton if fun driving roads. If we/you wan to head south there is always Skyline drive and the roads around it. Check it out on google maps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

trancenation
09-21-2013, 10:35 AM
Either dates and locations work fine for me. Let's just hope for good weather as it tends to be very foggy!

Avetiso
09-21-2013, 01:55 PM
San Francisco is a nice central meeting place and close to a ton if fun driving roads. If we/you wan to head south there is always Skyline drive and the roads around it. Check it out on google maps

Never heard of that place, but upon googling it, I get a place in VA...

Anyway, that's beyond what I'm trying to say. Guys, I don't know the Bay. I don't what roads are/aren't good for driving. :( I'm relying on your guys' input. What's the best road to take a drive on?

Either dates and locations work fine for me. Let's just hope for good weather as it tends to be very foggy!
Let's hope so. First rains just hit Sacramento hard; streets are flooding and it only started a few hours ago.

NorCalZman
09-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Never heard of that place, but upon googling it, I get a place in VA...

Anyway, that's beyond what I'm trying to say. Guys, I don't know the Bay. I don't what roads are/aren't good for driving. :( I'm relying on your guys' input. What's the best road to take a drive on?

Hah oops. Meant Skyline blvd. it's where the "35" is on this map.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/22/u9evu2yq.jpg

Avetiso
09-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Hah oops. Meant Skyline blvd. it's where the "35" is on this map.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/22/u9evu2yq.jpg

Hm... I'm thinking about the weather. I'd love to take an ocean side drive, though. Need some input, guys! What do you want to do? Perhaps we should start some sort of poll?

toddness
09-22-2013, 06:06 PM
So I went and scoped out Treasure Island. Weather permitting, we'll be able to find plenty of parking with both sides of the Bay Bridge and the SF waterfront, and likely Alcatraz as well.

I think I have some other ideas about a drive I'd like to share, though I want to be sure the route is pothole free....

Avetiso
09-22-2013, 06:21 PM
So I went and scoped out Treasure Island. Weather permitting, we'll be able to find plenty of parking with both sides of the Bay Bridge and the SF waterfront, and likely Alcatraz as well.

I think I have some other ideas about a drive I'd like to share, though I want to be sure the route is pothole free....
Thanks for scoping the place out! I guess I'll make that the starting point.

What's a good time? I know you said you are busy until 11a.m. Perhaps we could set the meet time for 11a.m.? Some people are bound to show up late, and we are still going to spend some time taking pictures, which should give you time to show up.

What do you think?

Lanister
09-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Skyline is a beautiful road and there's a great place to grab lunch called Alice's. I usually ride up there on my KTM Supermoto with my buds. Definitely great roads out there. Just watch out for po po. They're out there! :)

wsmeyer
09-22-2013, 09:00 PM
I grew up in Fremont and may be up there that weekend visiting family. I would love to meet up with you guys and hit some back roads. My favorites on the Peninsula are Skyline South of Alice's and Hwy 9. In the East Bay check out Calaveras > Niles > Palomeras > Redwood Rd > Skyline Blvd. Yes, there really is a Skyline on both sides of the bay lol. Very fond memories of tearing up those roads on my (then new) 86 GSXR1100!

Avetiso
09-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Would you guys recommend Skyline Blvd over Hwy 1?

Lanister
09-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Would you guys recommend Skyline Blvd over Hwy 1?

Hwy 1 and Skyline kind of go parallel to the coast so we can actually do both. Skyline on the way to Alice's, down 84 to HWY1 and get back up to San Francisco along Hwy 1.

Avetiso
09-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Hwy 1 and Skyline kind of go parallel to the coast so we can actually do both. Skyline on the way to Alice's, down 84 to HWY1 and get back up to San Francisco along Hwy 1.
Sounds like a good idea. I really wanted to take a coast drive as well.

Bump. Anyone else down?

imola red zhp
09-26-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm down for some good driving I grew up at Ocean Beach in the City and now live in The East Bay, Redwood road is awesome here in the Castro Valley area broke my tires in on that road.
Coast driving is cool too just as long as their food stops along the way and cool places for us to take pics.

Sent from dennis' iPad using Tapatalk HD

derbo
09-26-2013, 04:17 PM
good ole foggy ocean beach.. still as dirty as you remember I'm sure. :)

Alice (Highway35/84), Sams Chowder House (HWY1)

LivesNearCostco
09-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Can you get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant?

Skyline is a beautiful road and there's a great place to grab lunch called Alice's. I usually ride up there on my KTM Supermoto with my buds. Definitely great roads out there. Just watch out for po po. They're out there! :)

Lanister
09-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Can you get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant?

Anything but strippers :P

http://www.alicesrestaurant.com/

It does get busy around noon on weekends, as it is a popular spot but the food is tops.

Derek, I've never been to Sam's Chowder House. What's it like on the weekends? Plenty of parking?

derbo
09-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Anything but strippers :P

http://www.alicesrestaurant.com/

It does get busy around noon on weekends, as it is a popular spot but the food is tops.

Derek, I've never been to Sam's Chowder House. What's it like on the weekends? Plenty of parking?

Parking sucks at Sams Chowder House, but their Lobster Roll Sandwich :drool

Sams in Half Moon Bay.

The new Devil Slides tunnel would be cool with a bunch of exhausts going through it.

Lanister
09-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Oh that's the name of the new tunnel. I went through there this past weekend. Yeah Half Moon Bay has a few nice places to chow.

toddness
09-29-2013, 06:28 AM
Weekend bump...

Dario - since you (and others?) have a 90 minute drive to and from SF for the meet, how does that play into your plans for timing, etc. I thought I read this your first trip to San Francisco, which in my opinion, should not occur without hitting the Golden Gate Bridge, the Marin Headlands and perhaps Lombard. General rule - the earlier the better....

Just throwing this out there for contemplation and conversation....

Avetiso
09-29-2013, 06:35 AM
Weekend bump...

Dario - since you (and others?) have a 90 minute drive to and from SF for the meet, how does that play into your plans for timing, etc. I thought I read this your first trip to San Francisco, which in my opinion, should not occur without hitting the Golden Gate Bridge, the Marin Headlands and perhaps Lombard. General rule - the earlier the better....

Just throwing this out there for contemplation and conversation....

Oh I've been to Frisco plenty of times, but I think out of those places, I've only seen the bridge. Lol.

I've seen some good ideas here, but we only have one day, and we can't do everything, but I don't mind getting up extra early to fit in as much as we can.

NorCal-Dimitri
09-29-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm definitely interested.

Avetiso
09-30-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm definitely interested.

I'll update this post in a few days when I get some more info about the route in terms of time.

Avetiso
09-30-2013, 08:07 PM
Okay guys, OP updated! I have put in bold things that are still under question. Please give me any suggestions on those things.

The consensus seems to be to eat at Alice's on the drive on 35. Are you guys in agreement to eat at Sam's Chowder House on Hwy 1 on the way back?

REQUEST: Can someone that knows the roads please write out a time estimate/schedule on the drives? How long is it between each point? It would be much appreciated, and I want someone from the bay to do this.

imola red zhp
10-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Here's a link for the drive;

https://maps.google.com/maps?safe=images&client=ms-android-verizon&hl=en-US&v=2.7.9.789824.arm&ie=UTF-8&gl=us&daddr=Sam's+Chowder+House,+4210+Cabrillo+Hwy+N,+Ha lf+Moon+Bay,+CA+94019+%4037.502496,-122.475869&saddr=Alice's+Restaurant,+17288+Skyline+Blvd,+Wood side,+CA+94062+%4037.386737,-122.265157&panel=1&f=d&fb=1&dirflg=d&geocode=ISu7SOcjZGd4%3BIWpEbFoXGD8n

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

derbo
10-02-2013, 10:02 PM
I am uncertain I will be able to make it as I planned on thunderhill on Sunday as well as buttonwillow the following Friday. I may have to cancel one of the track days.

sent from my mobile device

Avetiso
10-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Here's a link for the drive;

https://maps.google.com/maps?safe=images&client=ms-android-verizon&hl=en-US&v=2.7.9.789824.arm&ie=UTF-8&gl=us&daddr=Sam's+Chowder+House,+4210+Cabrillo+Hwy+N,+Ha lf+Moon+Bay,+CA+94019+%4037.502496,-122.475869&saddr=Alice's+Restaurant,+17288+Skyline+Blvd,+Wood side,+CA+94062+%4037.386737,-122.265157&panel=1&f=d&fb=1&dirflg=d&geocode=ISu7SOcjZGd4%3BIWpEbFoXGD8n

Thanks! Okay, looks like we will just take 84 from Alice's, stop at the beach, then stop at Sam's on the way.

I am uncertain I will be able to make it as I planned on thunderhill on Sunday as well as buttonwillow the following Friday. I may have to cancel one of the track days.

I hope you can make it to this event. Track events are a lot more common than one of these. :) Keep us posted.

Lanister
10-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Thanks! Okay, looks like we will just take 84 from Alice's, stop at the beach, then stop at Sam's on the way.

I hope you can make it to this event. Track events are a lot more common than one of these. :) Keep use posted.

+1 :)

trancenation
10-03-2013, 12:03 AM
This should be a rather fun event! Don't forget to bring the walkie-talkies if you all have any!

derbo
10-03-2013, 12:47 AM
Sam's chowder house can get ridiculous crowded FYI.

Lanister
10-03-2013, 07:54 AM
About that, since we'll have lunch at Alice's, why are we stopping to eat again at Sam's? I thought that a nice drive to Alice's from SF and then down 84 (super fun stretch of road) and back up hwy 1 (with stops for pics) will suffice.

Alice's also gets busy during lunch time on weekends, much like any popular food joint really. The place can handle a lot of people though, so if we get there by 11ish, we should be able to get seated without too much trouble.

Dario, do you have a rough count of attendees?

Avetiso
10-03-2013, 07:57 AM
About that, since we'll have lunch at Alice's, why are we stopping to eat again at Sam's? I thought that a nice drive to Alice's from SF and then down 84 (super fun stretch of road) and back up hwy 1 (with stops for pics) will suffice.

Alice's also gets busy during lunch time on weekends, much like any popular food joint really. The place can handle a lot of people though, so if we get there by 11ish, we should be able to get seated without too much trouble.

Dario, do you have a rough count of attendees?

I thought we would be stopping at the beach after highway 84 for a bit. Then on the way back, eat again. We could see during the event if people get hungry again and adjust accordingly.

I'll tally up when I get home.

Lanister
10-03-2013, 09:08 AM
I doubt that many people will be hungry after a nice lunch at Alice's. Personally, I won't be hungry until at least 5-6pm. So I'd say we just focus on driving along the pacific coast, enjoying the scenery and pulling over to take some pics with amazing back drops and have some coffee/pastries in Half Moon bay.

Here's the idea for the route that I thought would be fun and efficient. Sorry, I have 0 graphics skills :)

1. 9:00 AM - Meet at Ocean Beach parking lot
2. 9:30 to 9:45 AM - Leave for Alice's (Phase 1) ~1 hour drive (skyline blvd is twisty and fun!) watch out for popo!
3. 10:45 AM - Arrive at Alice's, park, shoot shit while we wait to get the table and finally eat
4. 12:30 AM - Start Phase 2 - Head down toward the coast on route 84 (super twisty and fun!) watch out for popo!
5. Photo op #1 - Pull over at 84/hwy 1 at San Gregorio Beach parking lot for photos and get on the road
6. Photo op #2 - Get off hwy 1 on Poplar street toward to ocean, big parking lot, take more pics!
7. 2:00 PM -Arrive at Half Moon bay and grab Coffee at Peet's (Big parking lot)
8. 3:00 PM - Head home (various routes indicated on the map)

imola red zhp
10-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Looks good sorry I missed date is it still Nov. 16?

Avetiso
10-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Looks good sorry I missed date is it still Nov. 16?

Yeah.

Avetiso
10-03-2013, 01:49 PM
I doubt that many people will be hungry after a nice lunch at Alice's. Personally, I won't be hungry until at least 5-6pm. So I'd say we just focus on driving along the pacific coast, enjoying the scenery and pulling over to take some pics with amazing back drops and have some coffee/pastries in Half Moon bay.

Here's the idea for the route that I thought would be fun and efficient. Sorry, I have 0 graphics skills :)

1. 9:00 AM - Meet at Ocean Beach parking lot
2. 9:30 to 9:45 AM - Leave for Alice's (Phase 1) ~1 hour drive (skyline blvd is twisty and fun!) watch out for popo!
3. 10:45 AM - Arrive at Alice's, park, shoot shit while we wait to get the table and finally eat
4. 12:30 AM - Start Phase 2 - Head down toward the coast on route 84 (super twisty and fun!) watch out for popo!
5. Photo op #1 - Pull over at 84/hwy 1 at San Gregorio Beach parking lot for photos and get on the road
6. Photo op #2 - Get off hwy 1 on Poplar street toward to ocean, big parking lot, take more pics!
7. 2:00 PM -Arrive at Half Moon bay and grab Coffee at Peet's (Big parking lot)
8. 3:00 PM - Head home (various routes indicated on the map)

I think toddness and people with a long commute might like to start a little later.

What do you think?

Lanister
10-03-2013, 01:50 PM
I think toddness and people with a long commute might like to start a little later.

What do you think?

All the better, the sooner we get to Alice's the better chance we'll be able to get a table quickly.

Johal E32
10-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Are we still meeting at Treasure Island?

I can only stick around for the first meet, no cruise for me.. :(

Lanister
10-03-2013, 07:39 PM
We could change the start spot to treasure island. It's no biggie.

Sent from outer space...

Avetiso
10-03-2013, 07:41 PM
We will begin at Treasure Island. What do you guys think of a start time of 10:30am? Todd is only free after 11:00am and a few of us have to make lengthy drives; don't wanna get up too early.

toddness
10-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Please don't plan around me. :) As it looks now I am free sooner and won't be far away. I think Treasure Island is a cool place to start.

I'll suggest we plan on LEAVING TI at 10, as Bay Bridge traffic starts to get heavy typically after this. Those who want to check out the island and the new bridge, create photography, or explore under each other hoods can do so at their California leisure; it would be easy to burn an hour or more there.

More about TI : There is what looks to be a cool little coffee shop right at the main entrance (yep, make a right at the main entrance - lol) that seems to offer plenty of parking. I'll confirm it will be open and has a restroom for those of you making a longer trek or with bladder control problems. I scoped out at least two places providing the new Bay Bridge as backdrop with plenty of legal parking. There are also locations with the San Francisco waterfront and city right there, especially on a cool crisp clear morning. There are a bunch of wineries there for the gastronomous. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of America's Cup vessels in the area as well.

Sunrise is 6:50am Sunset 4:57pm

Avetiso
10-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Please don't plan around me. :) As it looks now I am free sooner and won't be far away. I think Treasure Island is a cool place to start.

I'll suggest we plan on LEAVING TI at 10, as Bay Bridge traffic starts to get heavy typically after this. Those who want to check out the island and the new bridge, create photography, or explore under each other hoods can do so at their California leisure; it would be easy to burn an hour or more there.

More about TI : There is what looks to be a cool little coffee shop right at the main entrance (yep, make a right at the main entrance - lol) that seems to offer plenty of parking. I'll confirm it will be open and has a restroom for those of you making a longer trek or with bladder control problems. I scoped out at least two places providing the new Bay Bridge as backdrop with plenty of legal parking. There are also locations with the San Francisco waterfront and city right there, especially on a cool crisp clear morning. There are a bunch of wineries there for the gastronomous. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of America's Cup vessels in the area as well.

Sunrise is 6:50am Sunset 4:57pm
Awesome. Okay guys, TREASURE ISLAND AT 9 AM. I forgot that it'll be early darkness by November, good call on the earlier times!

Avetiso
10-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Okay, I've updated OP again with a more concrete plan, but things can still change, so toss in your input if you have any.

Question: Under '2:30pm' I have listed a "final stop point." What do you guys want this to be? I wouldn't want to drive back to Treasure Island, let's find somewhere else to stop for some pictures.

BavarianZHP
10-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Dario just was pointed me to this thread since I've been MIA recently. Consider me a potential - a strong one. I'll let the group know for sure once I get everything laid out.

Philip

Avetiso
10-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Dario just was pointed me to this thread since I've been MIA recently. Consider me a potential - a strong one. I'll let the group know for sure once I get everything laid out.

Philip

:thumbsup

Avetiso
10-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Alright, guys, let's make this official. This event will take place on November 16th, 2013. We will begin at 9:00a.m. at Treasure Island.

List of people who intend to show (please check in!):

User (Name) format, please.

1. Avetiso (Dario)

Johal E32
10-07-2013, 06:28 PM
I'll update as the date gets closer.

For now, I only plan on making it to the Treasure island portion of the meet, won't be able to stay for the cruise..

Avetiso
10-07-2013, 06:40 PM
I'll update as the date gets closer.

For now, I only plan on making it to the Treasure island portion of the meet, won't be able to stay for the cruise..
:( Well, whatever you can make.

Lanister
10-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Count me in. I'm in for at least the drive to Alice's and then down 84 to the coastline and pics at San Gregorio beach parking lot. Then I'll probably head back down south to Santa Cruz.

Avetiso
10-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Count me in. I'm in for at least the drive to Alice's and then down 84 to the coastline and pics at San Gregorio beach parking lot. Then I'll probably head back down south to Santa Cruz.
Sounds good.

1. Avetiso (Dario)
2. Lanister (Giya)
3. Johal E32 (Jordan)

trancenation
10-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Sign me on up for now. I like your initiative Dario!

1. Avetiso (Dario)
2. Lanister (Giya)
3. Johal E32 (Jordan)
4. trancenation (Jason)

toddness
10-08-2013, 01:02 AM
1. Avetiso (Dario)
2. Lanister (Giya)
3. Johal E32 (Jordan)
4. trancenation (Jason)
5. toddness (Todd)

Avetiso
10-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Bump.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

derbo
10-09-2013, 12:21 AM
I am a tentative.

Avetiso
10-09-2013, 06:14 PM
I am a tentative.
Let us know.

Avetiso
10-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Bump. If you plan on attending, please add yourself to the list.

PirateZHP
10-10-2013, 06:15 AM
Can I attend in spirit? I mean, it isn't likely that I will drive across the country for this, but I would love to have a meet and drive like this.

Avetiso
10-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Can I attend in spirit? I mean, it isn't likely that I will drive across the country for this, but I would love to have a meet and drive like this.

By all means. We should have lots of pictures. :)

Bump. Where are you guys?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Avetiso
10-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Bump.

Avetiso
10-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Bump. Please sign up.

Hermes
10-11-2013, 08:59 PM
If only you guys weren't a min of 8 hrs away...

Call Rando, he's closer than me ;)

johnrando
10-12-2013, 07:05 AM
LOL, yeah, by 90 minutes. Probably not going to make this, but not totally ruling it out yet.

Avetiso
10-12-2013, 08:00 AM
It would be awesome if you guys could show, but I understand. I'm at least trying to get the people in San Francisco to sign up, a lot are still missing. .. :dunno

toddness
10-12-2013, 11:20 AM
So I checked out what i thought to be a coffee shop on TI - it's more of a deli/restaurant that does not open until 10. There may be other places. I'll probably drop in between 9 and 9:30.

With respect to our friends in the south contemplating coming up, which seems unlikely, we should plan now for something in the spring on the central coast - SLO, Pismo, Cambria, Hearst Castle, somewhere...

BavarianZHP
10-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Damn, called in to my boss Friday and she just sent me a notification informing me that she can't promise me days off. Since I'm relatively new to the company, I have the sh*t hours (on-call even for the weekends) and have to have a short response time with a guarantee of finishing any work within 24 hrs of notification. So unless a miracle happens (trying to get people to switch with me) or we hire someone else on. I will probably not be able to make it. I will try of course since it would be a thrill to chill with you all on the west coast! Put me down as a maybe.

Avetiso
10-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Damn, called in to my boss Friday and she just sent me a notification informing me that she can't promise me days off. Since I'm relatively new to the company, I have the sh*t hours (on-call even for the weekends) and have to have a short response time with a guarantee of finishing any work within 24 hrs of notification. So unless a miracle happens (trying to get people to switch with me) or we hire someone else on. I will probably not be able to make it. I will try of course since it would be a thrill to chill with you all on the west coast! Put me down as a maybe.
Sounds good. Hopefully you can make it.

Bump. Where are all the other SF members?

toddness
10-14-2013, 10:53 PM
I live in Marin, though will be coming in from Oakland.

Avetiso
10-14-2013, 11:17 PM
Tomorrow will be ETA one month.

1. Avetiso (Dario)
2. Lanister (Giya)
3. Johal E32 (Jordan)
4. trancenation (Jason)
5. toddness (Todd)

Add yourself if you will be attending.

330blast
10-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Sounds like fun. I will join you guys with my "new" ZHP.

1. Avetiso (Dario)
2. Lanister (Giya)
3. Johal E32 (Jordan)
4. trancenation (Jason)
5. toddness (Todd)
6. 330blast (Henry)

Lanister
10-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Good stuff Henry!

330blast
10-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Thanks Giya. Look forward to meeting you folks next month.

BTW, I clicked the project thread in your signature, looks like a recent purchased ZHP with GRAY leather. Very nicely done thread. I may modify mine to the similar format you use (hope you don't mind the copy cat).

It seems to be a tradition that Mafia members go out buy those nice clean ZHPs, then immediately put together a list of things to make it even clearner and better. Sure it Breaks My Wallet, but that's what we do and what we enjoy.

derbo
10-16-2013, 10:10 AM
It's a nice way to make things better :)

Avetiso
10-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Nice to have you on board, Henry.

Lanister
10-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Thanks Giya. Look forward to meeting you folks next month.

BTW, I clicked the project thread in your signature, looks like a recent purchased ZHP with GRAY leather. Very nicely done thread. I may modify mine to the similar format you use (hope you don't mind the copy cat).

It seems to be a tradition that Mafia members go out buy those nice clean ZHPs, then immediately put together a list of things to make it even clearner and better. Sure it Breaks My Wallet, but that's what we do and what we enjoy.

By all means, Henry. I wouldn't claim that my project thread is entirely original either ;) We all get ideas from each other and it's all good. :thumbsup

Avetiso
10-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Bump. Where is:
imola red zhp
LivesNearCostco
NorCalZman
NorCal-Dmitri

Come on, guys. Please check in or out. I'll send PMs out to you if you guys don't see this.

wsmeyer
10-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Don't count me out yet, just still trying to work our Thanksgiving plans

Avetiso
10-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Don't count me out yet, just still trying to work our Thanksgiving plans

Okay. Let us know! We'd love to have you here.

trancenation
10-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Looks like I will be only able to attend the photo shoot at Treasure Island. No festivities for me :/

NorCal-Dimitri
10-18-2013, 07:15 PM
I'll be checking out until I can get some things straight.

LivesNearCostco
10-19-2013, 08:34 PM
I am tentative. Would love to do the drive with you all and try Alice's. But also planning to do the local CCA 2-day HPDE at Thunderhill the weekend before, so might not be authorized on the home front to drive another day so soon.

Avetiso
10-20-2013, 12:49 PM
We'll work things out as the ETA gets shorter. For now, I'll just keep bumping this up so people can see it.

PLEASE keep us posted!

Avetiso
10-22-2013, 06:49 PM
:hi Bump.

NorCalZman
10-28-2013, 11:14 PM
I should be able to make it to treasure island. No promises on the drive, but it sounds like fun.

imola red zhp
10-31-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm a maybe right now

toddness
11-02-2013, 10:36 AM
two week notice bump

Avetiso
11-03-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm back! (Arnold voice) everybody still in for this?

Johal E32
11-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Can't make it guys.. Its the weekend before my finals.

Avetiso
11-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Sorry to hear.

BUMP!

Pip
11-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Had a change in plans. Might be free, but need to talk to the lady first before committing.

Avetiso
11-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Had a change in plans. Might be free, but need to talk to the lady first before committing.
Keep us posted, Sean!

330blast
11-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Sorry, I most likely have to bail out.

I really would like to meet you guys, but just too much Family duties. Given the time and money I have put into the ZHP, I have to do my share to keep the lady happy :)

Hope you have a wonderful and fun gathering.

Avetiso
11-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Shoot. That's too bad.

Bump. One week. John Rando and Will, are you guys going to be able to make it?

How about everyone else? Who will be going?

NorCalZman
11-09-2013, 09:30 AM
A buddy with an E46 M3 might show up for a bit too. I will follow up with him later this week

johnrando
11-09-2013, 09:31 AM
I will not. I would like to make one up there sometime.

wsmeyer
11-09-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm out too. I wish I could make it happen but we are driving up there on the 20th.

Avetiso
11-09-2013, 10:46 AM
That's a bummer. Thanks for letting us know, though.

wsmeyer
11-09-2013, 10:49 AM
For those that live up there check out this event on the 15th

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/11/san-francisco-to-transform-into-gotham-for-boys-batman-make-a-wish/

imola red zhp
11-09-2013, 11:38 AM
I will not. I would like to make one up there sometime.

Hope so John its been a while...

What are possible meet times at Treasure Island.. b reakfast meet or coffee?
dennis' awesome samsung galaxy

Avetiso
11-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Schedule is on page 1, initial post. We could decide to get coffee or breakfast when we meet up, schedule doesn't have to be set in stone.

Avetiso
11-10-2013, 09:24 AM
Bump. 6 days. I'm excited.

imola red zhp
11-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Dario again thanks for setting up this event.
I will only be able to make the morning meet and prob make the drive towards 35 and break off at 92 and head back to east bay from there.
Is there a total number of committed member, guests attending?

dennis' awesome samsung galaxy

Avetiso
11-11-2013, 11:07 AM
It's my pleasure. It's hard to ascertain how many people are going because a lot of people don't really check into the thread... :(

Who is absolutely planning to attend this Saturday?

1. Avetiso

imola red zhp
11-11-2013, 11:22 AM
It's my pleasure. It's hard to ascertain how many people are going because a lot of people don't really check into the thread... :(

Who is absolutely planning to attend this Saturday?

1. Avetiso
2. IMOLA RED ZHP (Dennis) morning only

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

NorCalZman
11-11-2013, 11:38 AM
1. Avetiso
3. NorCalZman (Antone). morning at least. Possibly drive
4. Nick, Friend of NorCalZman in E46 M3. He said he would, anyway. I'll find out Friday night.

Avetiso
11-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Nice, nice. I'll run through and send a mass PM to everyone that was on the initial list asking them to check in. I also might invite a few people.

toddness
11-11-2013, 02:59 PM
1. Avetiso
4. Nick, Friend of NorCalZman in E46 M3. He said he would, anyway. I'll find out Friday night.
5. Toddness (being Todd) - I'll need to bail out about eleven or noon.

Lanister
11-11-2013, 03:26 PM
1. Avetiso
6. Lanister (Giya) - In for the meet, small chance may not be able to do lunch.

imola red zhp
11-12-2013, 07:20 AM
Bump

sent by new technology DA

Pip
11-12-2013, 09:15 AM
1. Avetiso
6. Lanister (Giya) - In for the meet, small chance may not be able to do lunch.
7. Pip (Sean) - In for meet and some if not all of the drive. Need to decide which car to take.

Added myself to the list of attendees.

imola red zhp
11-12-2013, 09:48 AM
2012 San Francisco meet with the Boss (emeritus) Casey Withers and John (Rando) and Albert. Glad to have met them all.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showpost.php?p=143316

Play post #62

Still love hand slap we need this kinda meet.

imola red zhp
11-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Added myself to the list of attendees.

The New One haven't seen it....

Avetiso
11-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Derek and Jay, where you guys at?

cyberkaa
11-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Looks interesting. I won't be able to make it to Treasure Island at 9am, but maybe I can meet up with everyone at Alice's. :)

Avetiso
11-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Looks interesting. I won't be able to make it to Treasure Island at 9am, but maybe I can meet up with everyone at Alice's. :)
That would be awesome, Kalim.

trancenation
11-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Hey Dario,

It looks like I can probably attend only the 9AM photoshoot as I have some obligations that I must attend to throughout the day.

Avetiso
11-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Hey Dario,

It looks like I can probably attend only the 9AM photoshoot as I have some obligations that I must attend to throughout the day.
Anything you can do. I want to at least get as many people together to nab some nice pictures and meet everybody.

imola red zhp
11-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Anything you can do. I want to at least get as many people together to nab some nice pictures and meet everybody.

Awesome

derbo
11-12-2013, 04:08 PM
33% I can make the meet in the morning at TI, but thats about it. I have a drive to the track in the afternoon.

Avetiso
11-12-2013, 04:59 PM
33% I can make the meet in the morning at TI, but thats about it. I have a drive to the track in the afternoon.

Please try!

Lanister
11-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Derek, treasure island is on the way to Thunderhill ;)

LivesNearCostco
11-12-2013, 07:38 PM
I might make it from 9am at TI to lunch at Alice's, then have to split South to get home. My daughter's Saturday Volleyball class is over but having spent all last weekend at Thunderhill, I am obligated to some family time (the non-Mafia family)!

Avetiso
11-12-2013, 08:28 PM
I might make it from 9am at TI to lunch at Alice's, then have to split South to get home. My daughter's Saturday Volleyball class is over but having spent all last weekend at Thunderhill, I am obligated to some family time (the non-Mafia family)!
I understand. At least make some of it, but personal family > us all day.

derbo
11-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Headsup guys, weather forecast says it might be raining.

derbo
11-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Derek, treasure island is on the way to Thunderhill ;)

If I leave that early, what on earth would I do after 10am?! It only takes like 3hrs to get to thunderhill.. then its 1pm.. 1pm till tomorrow 5am is a long time to be up there. :X

Lanister
11-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Casa Ramos! brah! ;)

imola red zhp
11-12-2013, 11:48 PM
This may work better

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?6060-C-Withers-Media-Group-San-Francisco-(pictures)&p=143316#post143316

LivesNearCostco
11-13-2013, 11:20 AM
I ate at Casa Ramos for the first time Saturday night. Skipped the CCA buffet dinner at the track and thought I was eating alone, but ran into 5 nice people who invited me to eat with them. They were driving, among other things, an Audi R8, Mustang Boss, and E46 330, and one was an instructor. The Audi R8 and Mustang Boss were in my run group and show up in some of my videos. Halfway though dinner more and more BMW CCA instructors started showing up because they finished dinner at the track but wanted more drinks and socializing.

The 3 women at the table are part of a 4-woman 24-Hours-Of-Lemons racing team that plans to race in the March 2014 Lemons at Sonoma. I was impressed. They were debating what their team theme should be.

My wife revealed yesterday that Saturday morning we are driving down to San Luis Obispo to visit my in-laws, so that probably scotches any chance of attending the meet-up.

Avetiso
11-13-2013, 11:27 AM
I ate at Casa Ramos for the first time Saturday night. Skipped the CCA buffet dinner at the track and thought I was eating alone, but ran into 5 nice people who invited me to eat with them. They were driving, among other things, an Audi R8, Mustang Boss, and E46 330, and one was an instructor. The Audi R8 and Mustang Boss were in my run group and show up in some of my videos. Halfway though dinner more and more BMW CCA instructors started showing up because they finished dinner at the track but wanted more drinks and socializing.

The 3 women at the table are part of a 4-woman 24-Hours-Of-Lemons racing team that plans to race in the March 2014 Lemons at Sonoma. I was impressed. They were debating what their team theme should be.

My wife revealed yesterday that Saturday morning we are driving down to San Luis Obispo to visit my in-laws, so that probably scotches any chance of attending the meet-up.

:(

imola red zhp
11-14-2013, 08:42 AM
48 hours

NorCalZman
11-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Where are treasure island are we meeting again? I didn't see that in the first post.

Lanister
11-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Perhaps we can review the plan again and finalize details?

imola red zhp
11-14-2013, 12:39 PM
+1

Avetiso
11-14-2013, 08:05 PM
I don't know the bay. Dennis and Giya, wanna figure something out? I'm talking specifics.

However, the group is small enough that we could always change what we are going to do depending on what people want.

NorCalZman
11-14-2013, 09:15 PM
There is a series of parking spaces on the north side of the island just before the entrance to the island. However that is often taken up by tourists parking to snap pictures of the city.

Another option would be just beyond these spaces and the gates entering the island, on the right is a big old administrative building (not sure if it's still used) that has a parking lot in front of it. See pic.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/15/2u2a6a9y.jpg

Avetiso
11-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Is it the dropped pin on the map that you are referring to?

Lanister
11-14-2013, 10:00 PM
I don't know the bay. Dennis and Giya, wanna figure something out? I'm talking specifics.
However, the group is small enough that we could always change what we are going to do depending on what people want.

I've never been down to treasure island so I'm useless there. :(

NorCalZman
11-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Yes. Another picture including the bay bridge.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/15/jesase2e.jpg

Pip
11-15-2013, 01:00 AM
From what I remember from the thread we'll be meeting at 9AM (I'm sure people will roll in from 9-10AM) at TI. Seems like NorCal is saying we meet at 1 St San Francisco, CA 94130 on TI @ ~9AM for photos, hanging out, talking about mods, future plans, BS, etc.

From there we can do the drive to Alice's for lunch - so leave TI around 11ish? dunno and doesn't matter as long as we're having a good time. Alice's can include food and plans of driving further or people splitting off and doing their own thing.

Did I get it somewhat right?

imola red zhp
11-15-2013, 10:45 AM
I haven't been to TI in a long time but I think the visitor center parking lot is a place ee could meet... I'll be there 9-915

Avetiso
11-15-2013, 12:08 PM
From what I remember from the thread we'll be meeting at 9AM (I'm sure people will roll in from 9-10AM) at TI. Seems like NorCal is saying we meet at 1 St San Francisco, CA 94130 on TI @ ~9AM for photos, hanging out, talking about mods, future plans, BS, etc.

From there we can do the drive to Alice's for lunch - so leave TI around 11ish? dunno and doesn't matter as long as we're having a good time. Alice's can include food and plans of driving further or people splitting off and doing their own thing.

Did I get it somewhat right?

Sounds perfect. And right about the time, this is no fixed schedule. We can decide what to do and when as we go along.

imola red zhp
11-15-2013, 01:28 PM
So just confirming TI parking lot or 1st SF.

Avetiso
11-15-2013, 01:31 PM
So just confirming TI parking lot or 1st SF.

1st SF, where NorCal dropped the pin on the map. Once everyone is there, we could migrate to another spot to take further pictures if you guys want. I want to pic whore my car like crazy; my friends on Facebook won't know what hit them.

Avetiso
11-15-2013, 02:02 PM
What kinda traffic should I expect coming from Sacramento?

Lanister
11-15-2013, 02:12 PM
I guess we'll be meeting where the pin is around 9:00 am? :)

Cya then boys.

toddness
11-15-2013, 02:20 PM
traffic should be light enough before 9am, barring some asshat....as the day moves on it will get worse

NorCalZman
11-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Just to be clear, 1st street goes around that big U shaped building with the big parking lot where the pin is. Go ahead and study the area a bit on google maps.

Traffic that early in the morning should be no sweat.

imola red zhp
11-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Cool should we meet at the u shape...
I get off work at 2am sat short nap then to meet you all....

Avetiso
11-15-2013, 04:08 PM
That's where we are meeting.

See you guys soon.

Avetiso
11-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Going to go power wash my car to get rid of the dust, then use some QD to dry it out. Probably try to get an oil change in there as well. Batteries for the camera charged. :D

imola red zhp
11-15-2013, 05:33 PM
Going to go power wash my car to get rid of the dust, then use some QD to dry it out. Probably try to get an oil change in there as well. Batteries for the camera charged. :D

+1

NorCalZman
11-15-2013, 06:21 PM
ah the pre car-meet car prep. Its a ritual no matter what model you own. I just got home from having the car washed myself. :)

Avetiso
11-15-2013, 07:31 PM
ah the pre car-meet car prep. Its a ritual no matter what model you own. I just got home from having the car washed myself. :)

Nice. I'm confused, are you going or not? I recall you saying you were out. :( would be awesome if you came.

NorCalZman
11-15-2013, 07:58 PM
I will come to treasure island at least. Undecided on anything further. Depends on how productive I want to be tomorrow.

Avetiso
11-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Oil changed, car washed and dried, tire inflated. Interior not cleaned, lol.

Lanister
11-15-2013, 09:49 PM
You're making me feel bad dude :)

I haven't got time to do any of that! :(

Avetiso
11-16-2013, 06:35 AM
Heading out soon. Should be there around 8:40.

imola red zhp
11-16-2013, 07:17 AM
Heading out soon. Should be there around 8:40.

Drive safe.....see you in a few

Pip
11-16-2013, 08:21 AM
9:30 ETA pending road conditions. I should have woke up earlier and created a caravan with Dario.

Avetiso
11-16-2013, 08:25 AM
The address gives me a different location than what's on the map. Am I in the right place? http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/17/y4asadu9.jpg

Avetiso
11-16-2013, 08:26 AM
9:30 ETA pending road conditions. I should have woke up earlier and created a caravan with Dario.

Traffic is light. I'm already here. Took me about an hour and 15.

Pip
11-16-2013, 08:35 AM
The address gives me a different location than what's on the map. Am I in the right place? http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/17/y4asadu9.jpg

Avetiso
11-16-2013, 08:35 AM
Once you're on treasure island road, it's going to tell you to take a right on Mocollan road. Don't do that, just go straight. Meet point will be right after.

toddness
11-16-2013, 08:44 AM
I am leaving in a few - see you about 9:30

cyberkaa
11-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Leaving in 45 minutes to meet you guys at Alice's. :)

imola red zhp
11-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Awesome meeting you all
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/17/ma5yjage.jpg

cyberkaa
11-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Hanging out in the back room at Alice's. Parking is a little tight. Might have to go across the street.

derbo
11-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Wish I could've been there.
Still prepping for the track.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/17/uvapuqy6.jpg

sent from a Moto X

trancenation
11-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it out all! I wish I was there!

cyberkaa
11-16-2013, 03:04 PM
It's always nice to stop at Alice's.
We randomly ran into a friend of my co-driver and played tag to the restaurant. Also bumped into two friends with E9Xs at the restaurant.

Great meeting you, Dario, Giya, and Sean!

Lanister
11-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Excellent day of meeting up with the zhp fam-bam, talking cars, driving on twisty roads, and good eats. :) :thumbsup!

Avetiso
11-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Really enjoyed today. Sitting at a Starbucks right now because my back is aching from all this driving.

Pip
11-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Really enjoyed today. Sitting at a Starbucks right now because my back is aching from all this driving.

Lol I still have another two hours - definitely know what your talking about.. Great seeing everyone!

imola red zhp
11-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Well Sean I'm sure your M make up for it.....just use the Sport

Pip
11-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Well Sean I'm sure your M make up for it.....just use the Sport

Exactly. I was playing and taking photos so a little behind schedule.

Avetiso
11-16-2013, 05:01 PM
A lot of my photos turned out slightly blurry. Still, there are some decent pictures to see. I'm either shaking, or something weird is set on the camera (which was in full auto, btw).

Avetiso
11-16-2013, 05:40 PM
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0014_zps873763a7.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0014_zps873763a7.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0002_zpsfcd9563d.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0002_zpsfcd9563d.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0108_zpsa5ddbfb3.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0108_zpsa5ddbfb3.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0107_zps550dc670.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0107_zps550dc670.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0103_zps47cd1362.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0103_zps47cd1362.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0101_zpseaed470f.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0101_zpseaed470f.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0100_zpscbb31422.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0100_zpscbb31422.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0092_zps5825cb89.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0092_zps5825cb89.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0089_zpsa5658e5c.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0089_zpsa5658e5c.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0087_zps4534390f.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0087_zps4534390f.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0085_zpsd3674862.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0085_zpsd3674862.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0080_zps658eb00c.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0080_zps658eb00c.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0076_zpsa917ab70.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0076_zpsa917ab70.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0075_zpsc4d72bec.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0075_zpsc4d72bec.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0073_zpsd36a8a66.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0073_zpsd36a8a66.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0071_zps6b02ad74.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0071_zps6b02ad74.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0069_zps72713aa1.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0069_zps72713aa1.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0068_zpsf1935274.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0068_zpsf1935274.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0065_zpsaf9a4b37.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0065_zpsaf9a4b37.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0062_zps2aba460b.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0062_zps2aba460b.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0051_zps4d0133fa.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0051_zps4d0133fa.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0050_zpsab20b23e.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0050_zpsab20b23e.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0047_zpsb8de6ab6.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0047_zpsb8de6ab6.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0046_zps14c99eec.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0046_zps14c99eec.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0043_zpsdc04913e.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0043_zpsdc04913e.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0042_zpse122324b.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0042_zpse122324b.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0036_zpse53e4d11.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0036_zpse53e4d11.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0035_zps2a2110d1.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0035_zps2a2110d1.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0030_zps1e9e1d61.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0030_zps1e9e1d61.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0028_zps4546203a.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0028_zps4546203a.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0025_zpsff09a44b.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0025_zpsff09a44b.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0024_zpsf396b470.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0024_zpsf396b470.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0022_zps7b7a0822.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0022_zps7b7a0822.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0021_zpsc90f8fc8.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0021_zpsc90f8fc8.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0020_zps248d1e54.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0020_zps248d1e54.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0016_zps04d3d49e.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0016_zps04d3d49e.jpg.html)http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t662/Avetiso/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0008_zps28508d79.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Avetiso/media/ZHP%20SF%20Meet%201/PICT0008_zps28508d79.jpg.html)

Avetiso
11-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Dennis, post 'em up!

Lanister
11-16-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm glad I got up at 6am and gave my zhp a good wash before driving up. LOL

Thanks for posting up the pics Dario!

Avetiso
11-16-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm glad I got up at 6am and gave my zhp a good wash before driving up. LOL

Thanks for posting up the pics Dario!

Avetiso
11-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Khalim, Giya, Todd and Sarah, Antone, Dennis: it was really nice meeting all of you guys. Makes me really wish these things happened more often. It's a shame some of you guys couldn't make the drive. The weather was fantastic and the food was great, and we met some really cool people over there at Alice's. I'm really looking forward to the next time we could do this, and hopefully the turnout will be bigger and you guys can stick around longer!

And Marcus sends his regards, "Long live ZHP Mafia."

fredo
11-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Glad to hear you had fun, guys ! Nice pics, I like the ones with the ZHP hoods open. And that location is great.

johnrando
11-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Great set of cars, nice pics! Really like the hoods open ones too. Glad you all had fun. We'll have to try something out where we can get Norcal and Socal together. "Watch this space."

danewilson77
11-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Great set of cars, nice pics! Really like the hoods open ones too. Glad you all had fun. We'll have to try something out where we can get Norcal and Socal together. "Watch this space."

+1

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH

3ZHPGUY
11-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Looks like a great tine, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Vas
11-16-2013, 08:57 PM
That wheel fitment on the imola red is on point.

Thanks for sharing.

Avetiso
11-16-2013, 09:06 PM

Thanks for sharing.

It's actually Japan Red. :) Not a ZHP, originally a non sport 325i.

Pip
11-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Great photos Dario! My point and shoot tourist photography was terrible, but I'll have the pictures up when I get home to Folsom.

I wish I would have stuck around to hear the exhaust on your ride Kalim.

derbo
11-16-2013, 10:30 PM
It's actually Japan Red. :) Not a ZHP, originally a non sport 325i.

Kalim's 332i is always a nice car to look at. :)

cyberkaa
11-17-2013, 01:53 AM

Thanks for sharing.

Kalim's 332i is always a nice car to look at. :)

Thanks, guys. :)

And cool pics, Dario!

ELCID86
11-17-2013, 04:49 AM
Good stuff. Looks like other car groups were there as well. Thanks for sharing.

LivesNearCostco
11-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Sorry I couldn't go. Looking forward to pictures to see what I missed, since I've crossed the old Bay Bridge many times and the new Bay Bridge once but never ever exited at TI/YBI. Also have driven past Alice's Restaurant a few times but never stopped to eat there.

Instead on Saturday morning went to San Luis Obispo then on Sunday morning hiked Bishop's Peak with my family and my brother in law. Here's a picture lookup up the start of the trail (with my Brother in law leading the way) and a picture looking down from the top of the mountain, seeing the California Men's Colony (prison) just North of SLO.

Saw lots of college students hiking up and down the trail. It's a college town.

cyberkaa
11-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Great photos Dario! My point and shoot tourist photography was terrible, but I'll have the pictures up when I get home to Folsom.

I wish I would have stuck around to hear the exhaust on your ride Kalim.

It's a little loud for putting around town, but sounds much nicer I get to open it up on Skyline. That motor is such a beast to quiet down, haha.

Can't wait for the pics. :)

Vas
11-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Thanks, guys. :)

And cool pics, Dario!

what are your wheel specs though? Just curious

cyberkaa
11-18-2013, 03:01 PM
what are your wheel specs though? Just curious

18x9.5" et25 BBS GT4 RE wrapped in 255/35-18 Falken FK452

derbo
11-18-2013, 04:04 PM
18x9.5" et25 BBS GT4 RE wrapped in 255/35-18 Falken FK452

I saw your rims at the tire shop at Thunderhill. I wanted to take them for myself. They were on ToyoRA1s.. :Drool

Vas
11-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Dang talk about some fitment. Rolled and pulled fenders or more work then that done to them?

cyberkaa
11-18-2013, 05:45 PM
I saw your rims at the tire shop at Thunderhill. I wanted to take them for myself. They were on ToyoRA1s.. :Drool

Yum. I want some softer rubber for these.

Dang talk about some fitment. Rolled and pulled fenders or more work then that done to them?

It's definitely not easy, haha. Shaved inner fender lips in the rear. Light roll in the front, but not enough.

The plan is to replace the front fenders with some CF ones that are about an inch wider. I may switch to the 18x10 et40 rears as well. Those fit nicely.

Lanister
11-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Damn, Kalim... you don't mess about :)

derbo
11-18-2013, 05:48 PM
M fenders. Cough cough. Kalim, its time for some sushi

sent from a Moto X

cyberkaa
11-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Damn, Kalim... you don't mess about :)

No, that's all I do! :p

M fenders. Cough cough. Kalim, its time for some sushi

sent from a Moto X

Let's do it!

Lanister
11-18-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm down to join ya guys for a bite! Holler!

Avetiso
11-18-2013, 06:06 PM
I hear Mikuni's in Sacramento is great Sushi, and oh, what do you know, it's barely a drive for me...

cyberkaa
11-18-2013, 06:21 PM
I hear Mikuni's in Sacramento is great Sushi, and oh, what do you know, it's barely a drive for me...

I stopped at the one in Davis on the way back from buying my M3 a few years ago and it was excellent.

Johal E32
11-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Wish I could have made it guys, finally got my exhaust sorted out. Mostly lol. Just had to study for finals though..

Looks like you all had fun though, I doubt my 323 would have kept up with any of you guys. :rofl

I may stop by the local friday night meet that cyberkaa posted on E46F.

Avetiso
11-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Wish I could have made it guys, finally got my exhaust sorted out. Mostly lol. Just had to study for finals though..

Looks like you all had fun though, I doubt my 323 would have kept up with any of you guys. :rofl

I may stop by the local friday night meet that cyberkaa posted on E46F.
Eh, we didn't really go fast. I'm sure you could have kept up if you pushed your car a little.

Vas
11-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Man I miss living in the Bay Area.

imola red zhp
11-19-2013, 08:47 AM
Sorry for delay

I'm really glad to have met Dario, Giya, Antone, hope we get to again soon.....

Of course Sean, Todd and Sarah
Here are some of my pics from our meet in the Morning.
Man that drive to Alice's and must have been great sorry to have missed that part.

More to come later

Pip
11-19-2013, 09:04 AM
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3803/10946707714_30193d13c3_c.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3683/10946614956_53a73b6f96_c.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2851/10946592236_512c3b776f_c.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3678/10946768643_343f20dd6e_c.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2850/10946512005_aee2c9d87d_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7379/10946559716_41b2680c04_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7384/10946650764_fdc82585e0_c.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5531/10946471175_98326e14f7_c.jpg

Vas
11-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Dennis, how dark is that window tint on your imola?

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

imola red zhp
11-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Sean
Here's some I took of your M

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/20/ru3u4y7y.jpg

Pip
11-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Love the shot with the four cars and hoods open. Just needed to get a shot of the strut bars.

After seeing Kalim's performance bar I want one, but it'll be hard to justify unless I can work something out with my OEM ///M bar.

Avetiso
11-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Some great pictures, guys!

cyberkaa
11-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Very nice pics!

LivesNearCostco
11-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Nice pics! Wish I could have joined you.