PDA

View Full Version : What are they worth? Style m135.

Imola.ZHP
09-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Does anyone have any input as to what a set of OEM style m135's are worth?

Right now they are in "fair" condition, I was considering having them re-finished and true'd and selling them if I can re-coop the money for doing so. Is it worth having that done? Or should I just sell them as-is? They do have tires, but they are crap, probably better to remove and dispose of them.

Thoughts?

danewilson77
09-22-2013, 11:23 AM
$100/rim....depending on condition (level of imperfections)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

az3579
09-22-2013, 11:42 AM
^ I've seen these go for way more than that... every time I see a listing for them, they end up being 700-800 for a "decent" set...
Perfect sets I've seen go for 900-1000.

fredo
09-22-2013, 12:53 PM
I believe it's better to sell as is. Let the buyer take care of the refinish.

Avetiso
09-22-2013, 01:51 PM
I was of the mindset that a decent set of 135s goes for about $600.

alexandre
09-22-2013, 03:05 PM
500 no tires if they need refinish, 750 if they're perfect, add 200-300 for tires depending on condition.

Stu
09-23-2013, 07:13 AM
Send me a PM if you end up getting them refinished and trued...I would consider buying them if they're priced right and if I can sell off my old wheels.

Imola.ZHP
09-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the responses guys, seems to be a lot of variation, from $400-$1000. I'm sure location has something to do with that.

I guess my next step is to get a quote on true'ing and re-finishing and then decide if I want to go forward or sell as is.

@Zell, I will certainly list them here either way, I'll let you know.

UdubBadger
09-23-2013, 03:22 PM
also depends on how many other sets are for sale and who wants um. simple supply and demand can inflate the going rate pretty easily. Just like a BMW Perf CF strut bar. They sell for more than they are worth because people want um badly.

Imola.ZHP
09-25-2013, 06:53 AM
also depends on how many other sets are for sale and who wants um. simple supply and demand can inflate the going rate pretty easily. Just like a BMW Perf CF strut bar. They sell for more than they are worth because people want um badly.

Excellent point.

Imola.ZHP
09-25-2013, 07:08 AM
Just called the only place that had accurate information on google.com

$125/wheel (starting) for refinishing
$130/wheel for fixing any bends (including mount and balance afterwards)

YIKES!

They want me to bring them to them for a better estimate, and I didn't mention that they wouldn't need mounting and balancing afterwards. But wow, that would easily run close to $1k if each wheel is bent.

I may just pull them down, photograph them well and sell them as-is. Wish I had a "buddy" that did that type of work.

----

I'm going to try one other place (I have a card somewhere for the guy/place), I don't think any of these on google.com are him. But its not looking too good!

brettbimmer
09-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Just called the only place that had accurate information on google.com

$125/wheel (starting) for refinishing
$130/wheel for fixing any bends (including mount and balance afterwards)

YIKES!

This is basically what the shop I went to near Baltimore charged for the same work. I spent $650 to have a few scuffs blended, and two or three wheels straightened (cannot remember at the moment). While a bit pricey, the wheels look great, and no more vibrations!

az3579
09-25-2013, 10:50 AM
$125-150 is the going rate per wheel for refinishing. Some of them will fix the wheel (bends, cracks, etc.) for this price as well.
If I were you, I'd just sell them as-is. Some people don't care about curb rash, they just want the wheels at a good price, where if you refinish them you'll scare off those kinds of buyers. This goes the other way as well; some don't want to deal with the hassle of refinishing them and just want perfect ones. :dunno

Imola.ZHP
09-25-2013, 10:58 AM
I think I'm just going to pull them down, photograph them well and sell them as-is. I think the two front tires (pilot sports) are decent, perhaps someone will want them with those tires.

The center caps are not in the best shape (same age) if I re-finished them I would probably need new ///M emblems and center caps as well (more $$$). I don't think its worth it.

Thanks for the help! I believe my end-goal is to end up with the same style VMR's I have now (V710's) but in 18" (on 19" right now). My better half won't ride in my car unless its absolutely necessary because it's too rough. I'll sell the m135's first, order the 18" V710's, sell the 19's and hopefully not end up in too bad of shape in the end. The 19's are not perfect either, so there is an additional benefit that the car will be on un-blimished wheels too, with fresh tires as well.