PDA

View Full Version : Lost audio from the Tweeter and the big bottom speaker Driver side

Bert336
11-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Yesterday on my way home i heard some crackling similar to when your AUX jack is not connected all the way in, so i messed with it moved it around and it was ok. Well later when i got home i stopped to check the mail and got back in the car, i could smell something (electronic) burning... I tried tracing the smell but came to nothing.

Today at lunch i sat in the car to listen to all speakers and it seems that 2 out of 3 driver side door speakers are dead.

I have an HK OEM radio, nothing has been messed with on the harness end so i am unsure of what went wrong. Has anyone got any ideas? Everything in the car works fine.

thanks for any input guys!

Avetiso
11-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Could have burned a wire? :dunno

Guess it's time for a new sound system. I know I want to!

Bert336
11-19-2013, 02:26 PM
i wish lol... could it be my radio or amp ? weird that 2 speakers of the same door went out at the same time.. all others work just fine.

derbo
11-19-2013, 05:39 PM
double check your connections to the door. Sounds like a loose connection to the specific door. i would try to use a known working speaker from another door and test it on the door that isnt working.