PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise Rental Car

Newjack
11-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Almost two weeks ago someone backed into my car in a parking lot. Long story short, I dropped the car off at Eurowerks today to have it fixed, and I had made an appointment with Enterprise to pick me up from Eurowerks at 11am this morning. I made this appointment with Enterprise last Thursday.

I get to the shop and drop my car off right at 11am. I wait about 10 minutes and still no one shows up. No calls to say they are late or anything. So I call the Enterprise location to see whats up. (The Enterprise location was less than a mile from Eurowerks). I talk to someone from Enterprise and they verify my information and that I wanted to be picked up from Eurowerks. I confirm my information and the guy asks me if I am there now. YES. He says ok someone will be by to pick you up shortly.

What the fuck? Where else would I be? It's now 11:12am and I'm waiting around for Enterprise. They didn't even bother to say hey were gonna be late. They just decided to wait around for me to call them to pick me up. Then what was that appointment for?

Dude finally gets there at 11:21am and takes me to their office. I walk in and see that it is a very small office inside of a shopping center. I couldn't see many cars out front so I didn't have a great feeling about it, but insurance was paying for everything so I didn't expect much either. I give the guy my I.D. and credit card for a security deposit. He then tries for a mediocre sale at getting me to rent the new Toyota Avalon that they have. Him and another guy kept saying "It's nice" "So nice" "It's really nice" "Nice car".

No. I don't want to pay extra for that. So he tells me they have either a Prius (NOPE) the Avalon or a Hyundai Elantra. I tell him I'll take the Elantra. Dude has to go outside and clean it up because it wasn't ready yet.

What the fuck? Why did you just offer me this car if it wasn't even cleaned yet? So he spends another 15-20 minutes cleaning out the car while I wait inside.

Now its almost noon and I FINALLY have the rental car. Except oh wait, they gave it to me with less than a 1/4 tank of gas. THANKS.

I have never rented a car before, but I will never use Enterprise again. Can't keep an appointment to pick me up. No call to let me know that they were going to be late. Wasted too much of my time. On top of that they gave me a rental car with hardly any gas in it.

This is the location I went to. Steer clear.

18540 WOODFIELD ROAD
GAITHERSBURG, MD 20879

johnrando
11-18-2013, 10:17 AM
That sux. Kinda surprised because while although they aren't fast, they usually have really good customer service in my experience.

3ZHPGUY
11-18-2013, 03:12 PM
I had a bad experience with them 10+ years ago. Some kid ran a stop light and my wife ran into him with her new Grand Prix GTP with less than 2k on it. I got a real run around and the first and second car were shit. I was livid on the phone with them about the situation and ended up getting a new Buick Century with less than 500 miles on it. So, if your not happy, make it known and maybe they will do something with the car or the price. You can also contact the liability insurance company that paying the bill and let them know the rental is not comparable to the damaged car.

Good luck

alexandre
11-18-2013, 03:41 PM
My local office has impeccable service, I use them every time I need a rental and I've never had an issue. Probably depends on the locations I guess.

iP4S + TT2

Lanister
11-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Small satellite shops like that are always subject to all types of stupidity because they employ very cheap labor. Larger centers are usually better.

johnrando
11-18-2013, 04:28 PM
BTW, just to be clear, my statement wasn't defending them nor recommending them... I was just surprised as to how bad his experience was based on my local one. It doesn't surprise me at all that YMMV.

Newjack
11-18-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm probably a bit to quick to label all eneteprise locations with bad customer service. But this is an enterprise location and anything they do represents the rest of the company. So based on my personal experience with them I will choose someone else next time.

I am glad to here that some of you have had good service and this one particular location is just absolute garbage. I just wanted to vent and let everyone else here to stay away.

Honestly I dont care enough to go back, call someone, waste my time getting a different/better car. The effort isn't worth the reward to me.

I have to say, after driving a Hyundai elantra, I really appreciate how great the steering is in BMW's. Its not the lack of power or even the automatic transmission that is my main complaint. Its how dreadfully awful the steering is in this car.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Hornung418
11-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Bummer dude. At least it's not a Sentra...

Sent from my GS3.