PDA

View Full Version : What's Our TireRack Discount?

BCS_ZHP
02-14-2011, 06:10 PM
And how was your Valentine's Day?!?

So we had a weather anomaly here in the DC area today, it hit about 60 degrees, beautiful and sunny before a weather front came in late this afternoon with 30-50 mph gusts. Of course I implored the wife to take the new (to her) IR vert out for a spin today, she enthusiastically agreed. A couple of hours later I get a call -- "honey, what's the number for your buddy who owns the towing service?". She was going through a sweeping left turn, big pothole on the left with oncoming traffic approaching, so she veers right only to discover a bigger pothole 10 yards further ahead on the right and with no shoulder available to dodge it. It swallowed both right side tires, instant flats.

I get home tonight, its already dark, a quick inspection shows both front & rear sidewalls are cut. Amazingly, from what I was able to see in the dark, the outside edge of the wheels do not look damaged and that's where the cuts are. From what I could feel around on the back sides of the wheels, they appear to be undamaged too.

So tomorrow I'll call Tire Rack, I'm going to all weather tires because the summer tires are of limited use here. I've got the Continential Extreme Contact DWS's on the other 2 BMWs, might consider the Pilot Sports if our Mafia discount gets me in the same price range. Does anyone know what our discount is percentage-wise?

kayger12
02-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Sorry to hear, but glad your wife is ok.

Don't forget to check the strut tower and make sure all is good there. Probably fine if the rims aren't damaged.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Bruce, we don't have a discount with Tire Rack. We ain't special like that. We pay the prevailing Tire Rack rate. I bought some tires about six weeks ago. No discount for me. Just the commission, since I used the link here (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?229-List-of-Affiliate-Advertisers-at-ZHP-Mafia).

That said, there could be a gift card available if you buy those pilot sports. Several weeks ago there was a $70 gift card for buying 4 Michelin tires. If you're going that direction, let me know. I will check to see if there is still a gift card deal (believe it was American Express gift card).

I just checked. No gift-card offers.

BCS_ZHP
02-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Mark - understand the no discount, do we give them a code or reference for this site to get the credit? I believe the Michelin rebate ended at the end of Dec or Jan. With these tires being 6+ years old, albeit only 9K miles, I was planning to replace them later this year anyway.

Keith - please, no sympathy needed for my wife, she's tough as nails. When she first called, the 4-letter words were rolling, so I knew something was up. Luckily the road she was on, or at least the point where this happened, doesn't permit excessive speeds, its a serpentine road with a posted 35 mph. There's no way she would do 35 in the corner where this happened as its too tight and too residential. So guess I'm lucky it happened where it did and she wasn't doing her Mario Andretti impression.

There's an upside -- she told me no dinner out tonight, new sneakers for her ride would be plenty enough for Valentine's Day.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Bruce, nope. You don't have to tell Tire Rack anything. You simply have to access Tire Rack's site by using the link here first. That's it. Tire Rack recognizes the ZHPMafia.com ID in the link.