PDA

View Full Version : SoCal ZHP Mafioso Gathering

tripod06
02-15-2011, 07:52 AM
Hello to all the ZHP members in the Southwest! As per a mentioning in one of the new members threads, it seems that a gathering is soon to be in place! Being that the last car i owned and the forum site I was on with that one, i was always the one that everyone asked when i would be making another meet and when we would be getting together and all so i figured that with everyone's permission and blessing, perhaps i can be a partner of that here too given that i am very new to the community. nevertheless, i am here to propose a gathering.

Before anything is fully made official, i like to get ideas on what times work best and of course, what dates work best as well given that some people probably work on weekends. I would like to propose a couple dates but i am always open to suggestions as well.

Date 1: Feb. 19, 2011
Time: Subject to when people can best meet

Date 2: Feb. 26, 2011
Time: Subject to when people can best meet

Again this is just to get the party started, please i welcome suggestions and any ideas. now i don't know how these meets work with ZHPs (i assume more fun than i had with my previous car) but do we just meet and chat or do we do a nice cruise after chatting then get food? just trying to get an idea about how we do around here and maybe this can muster some ideas for this meet as well :D

thank you everyone!

Marcus-SanDiego
02-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Terry won't have his car until February 23, as I recall. So, the meet would have to be after that date.

My suggestion is to make the meet in early March. That gives everyone time to plan.

In the past, many of us who have used Spectrum as a meeting place used the parking lot for the meeting spot. Then we went into the food court for lunch. I've never been part of a drive afterward. Most people, it seems, would rather mill about, talking about cars.

I am open to anything, though.

Regardless of which Saturday we choose, I will be sure to check out Cars & Coffee on that day.

A good meeting time might be around the lunch hour. Maybe 11 am. Meet with one another. Then head into the food court for lunch. Something like that.

Just throwing ideas out there.

tripod06
02-15-2011, 08:17 AM
with this being the case, i say that those of us that want to meet for Cars and Coffee should meet early for that and then we can mosey about over to the spectrum for a more exclusive meet at the spectrum. depending on the quality of the day, i nice early afternoon drive would be nice but that is up to everyone's choice. i've always liked the caravan idea of driving through some cool places and all. nevertheless, i'm totally open to anything.

i am just excited to meet everyone! haha

RITmusic2k
02-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks for getting this thread started! 26th or later sounds great to me - despite living so close I've never actually made it to a Cars and Coffee, so I'd definitely be interested in checking that out beforehand if anyone else will be around. I have a couple thoughts in mind for future meets, which is something we can chat about at this upcoming one.... I'm fine with hanging out and shootin' the breeze, but maybe we can brainstorm a nice drive for a future get-together.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to this :)

Marcus-SanDiego
02-15-2011, 10:54 AM
I usually get to C&C around 7 am. It lasts until 9 am.

Not sure how many people would want to go to that, because it's early, but it's a place to start. If people don't want to do that, they can meet the rest of us at 11 am at Spectrum.

tripod06
02-15-2011, 07:00 PM
I agree with Marcus. That's like the pre-meet whereas the 11 a.m. Meet is the full blown meet. I'm excited to hear RITmusic2k's drive ideas.

I say in the gap time from C&C we should get a small breakfast or something. Maybe an actual coffee. Haha

Anyways, let's maybe start a roll call list?

Terry
02-15-2011, 10:20 PM
IN!

Whether I have my car or not :)

For those interested I've set up a cockpit in my living room (of my 1 bedroom apartment) which is only a few miles away from C&C. Good post party activity ;-)

Cheers,

-Terry

Marcus-SanDiego
02-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Terry, we will be waiting for you to get the car. Once you have it, we'll start planning.

ZSP-Mafia
02-15-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm in :)

Marcus-SanDiego
02-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Good to hear, Jim.

Terry
02-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Err, I notice my post was incomplete. The cockpit is for Gran Turismo 5 :) There we go.

Will keep ya posted on the car. Still in NJ at the moment. I'm about ready to fly out there. Not sure how they plan to get it here by President's day...

-Terry

Marcus-SanDiego
02-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Terry, why do you have to fly out there?

Terry
02-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Sorry, Marcus. I meant that I'm having a hard time being patient and am about ready to fly out there and just jump in the car :)

They are taking their sweet time but I know they have a great reputation and will be careful while moving the car on/off the trailer(s).

-Terry

Marcus-SanDiego
02-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Oh, I thought you might be like me. I'd probably be flying out. Hehe.

tripod06
02-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Terry, when you said you have a cockpit in your living room, i thought of either something that i dont want to think about or a full set-up for a flight simulator or something haha (which actually would be cool!)

Terry
02-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Read about your trip to CO, Marcus.. That would be the way to do it! I just couldn't bring myself to drive from New Jersey though.. Don't think that drive would be as scenic / fun as CO :)

LOL Tripod...Flight simulators are fun. I'm only set up for driving though :)

Hope my attachment works...
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=327&d=1297883777

Marcus-SanDiego
02-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Nice setup, Terry.

I would not drive from NJ either.

tripod06
02-16-2011, 12:13 PM
that is a mancave right there hahahah

Johnmadd
02-16-2011, 07:32 PM
I have heard of cars and coffe out there. Do you guys ever see Wayne from Chasing Classic Cars on HD Theatre channel there? I love that show, and have seen him take cars there on the show.

SC4ME
02-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Now that is a serious set up. :praise

SC4ME
02-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Terry won't have his car until February 23, as I recall. So, the meet would have to be after that date.

My suggestion is to make the meet in early March. That gives everyone time to plan.

In the past, many of us who have used Spectrum as a meeting place used the parking lot for the meeting spot. Then we went into the food court for lunch. I've never been part of a drive afterward. Most people, it seems, would rather mill about, talking about cars.

I am open to anything, though.

Regardless of which Saturday we choose, I will be sure to check out Cars & Coffee on that day.

A good meeting time might be around the lunch hour. Maybe 11 am. Meet with one another. Then head into the food court for lunch. Something like that.

Just throwing ideas out there.

The drive is going back home to San Diego by way of Salton Sea.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Sounds like fun.

tripod06
02-19-2011, 10:06 PM
I'm excited for this meet to happen.

tripod06
02-22-2011, 07:39 AM
Terry, have you had any update on the arrival of your gorgeous ultimate driving machine?

Marcus-SanDiego
02-22-2011, 07:44 AM
I saw a note from him yesterday. The car was in New Mexico. I'd bet he will have it in the next two days.

Terry
02-22-2011, 08:21 AM
Today marks the 14th day of their 12-14 day estimate... I'm thinking tomorrow or Thursday. I've been keeping busy clearing space in my little 1 car garage... Lots of old wheels (15") to sell.

Will keep you guy posted for sure!

-Terry

tripod06
02-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Terry, i'm really excited for you buddy! can't wait to see the pics of the arrival. you have to get shots of it on the truck still haha

Marcus-SanDiego
02-22-2011, 08:45 AM
I can't wait to see this car. Hopefully next weekend.

Terry
02-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks Tripod :) I have been having dreams and nightmares about the car and its voyage across the country. I can't wait to see it pulling through my complex. You guys will be the first to know about the arrival when it happens.

Terry

Marcus-SanDiego
02-22-2011, 08:58 AM
Snap lots of pictures as they're taking it off the truck. Good memories.

tripod06
02-22-2011, 09:34 AM
snap pictures as you run down the stairs to it haha! i totally would.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Yeah. I'd be snapping lots of pictures, too.

tripod06
02-24-2011, 07:27 AM
okay so let me ask everyone, how does the 5th of March sound?

Marcus-SanDiego
02-24-2011, 07:51 AM
March 5 is good for me.

If Terry is in for March 5, we should be good to go.

tripod06
02-24-2011, 07:54 AM
Excellent. i will put this on the books.

johnrando
02-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Just picked up on this thread... will definitely see if I can make it down from Manhattan Beach.... great idea! John

tripod06
02-24-2011, 08:05 AM
Oh manhattan beach is a nice place. not too far also IMO but if you came with someone, could totally make it a nice "top down" kind of day! haha