PDA

View Full Version : Florida Members Meet Interest

mLuMaN83
12-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Since our Florida members are growing like crazy I thought I would post up a thread and see what the interest looks like for something like this.

This is not set or coordinated.

Just discuss.

If there was a say, weekend meet, would you attend?

Avetiso
12-27-2013, 08:51 PM
:thumbsup

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

JupiterBMW
12-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Dude I was just thinking about setting this up a few days ago. I'm on a launch boat heading back to my ship right now but gimme an hour or so and I will post some more. This is a great idea, and I know I can think of at least 10 FL mafia members... Would make for a great meet up.

iPhone 5S. Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) Pro. BOOM

mLuMaN83
12-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Sounds great, Jup.

I can help coordinate if you like.

328ioc
12-28-2013, 03:34 AM
I am with joooy. He has a great park near his house as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Vas
12-28-2013, 07:03 AM
Man florida sounds great this time of the year.

Hope this meet happens.

kayger12
12-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Man florida sounds great this time of the year.

Hope this meet happens.

+1

328ioc
12-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Just got back to Florida from Philly. ...its warm and I love it.

mLuMaN83
12-28-2013, 08:55 AM
And this would be no way limited to Florida members so if anybody else wanted to make a trip, that would be great.

Maybe we did a beach day or golf day or something, then another day we do a "repair/swap/etc" day? 2 day event?

328ioc
12-28-2013, 08:56 AM
And this would be no way limited to Florida members so if anybody else wanted to make a trip, that would be great.

This.

mLuMaN83
12-28-2013, 08:58 AM
Just got back to Florida from Philly. ...its warm and I love it.

You missed the holiday cold snap. It was nilly out.

328ioc
12-28-2013, 09:00 AM
You missed the holiday cold snap. It was nilly out.

I didn't go north to Christmas eve so I got a taste and I do not like. Lol

mLuMaN83
12-28-2013, 09:05 AM
I didn't go north to Christmas eve so I got a taste and I do not like. Lol

I like a taste, but only a taste. ha

Vas
12-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Man Philly is cold. I have family there and don't know how they manage up there during the winter.

Florida is a 10+ hour hike for me

JupiterBMW
12-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Alright guys, sorry I didn't get back to you all earlier, I completely crashed last night... Anyway, I'm very open to a meetup, and I'd been thinking that we should organize one as we do have quite a good member base here, and frankly, the weather is excellent. If there is a good response, we can set something up for sooner rather than later, perhaps in the Spring before it gets TOO hot... What does everyone think about late February??

I'd love to do something in my area (Southeast), but I realize that the most central, logical place would probably be the Orlando area.. Of course, if people were willing to make the trek over to Tampa, there's plenty of good fun to be had there.

Anyway, let's gauge interest... Post up if you would make plans to attend. I know there are no dates, so everything is pending on that. But, lets assume a 2 day meet... Not sure if we'd be able to set up a mod day like we did at Dane's house... That sort of thing would be tough at my house... Possible though...

Copy/paste your name up if you'd be willing to go..

1. Joop

poke08
12-28-2013, 10:41 AM
I'd be down for that. I'm always back and forth between Orlando and South FL so either works for me.

JupiterBMW
12-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Well, so only a small handful of us at the moment. I know we have 2 members in the Tampa area (Telijah and prowlerflyer), Jon D down in Fort Lauderdale, Poke08 and his buddy (what's his name again Jon), Dathaeus (a guy named Jay that lives near me), Kyle in Tampa (static667) and probably some others that I'm missing... Hopefully they'll chime in soon and we can get some ideas rolling.

As for timing and events, I agree. a 2 day event would be cool, so long as everyone could set up lodging and whatnot. We should do some sort of car event on the first day, food/beer/party of sorts at night, and then the 2nd day we can do a mini show/hangout/mod day.. The hard part about this is that we really should have a private place (someone's home) to do it at, and that's tough to do. I technically have the space at my house, just not sure it'd fly really well with the neighbors. We could always skip the car work and just hang out at the house/pool..?

Ideas everyone?

Things in Central FL to do? I know Sebring is there, and I feel like there's a racing museum as well? That would be a cool thing to do. Or we go full redneck and do Everglades airboat rides. :rofl

Jon D
12-29-2013, 04:24 AM
Depending on the dates I'd try and make it up. Been traveling a lot for work so that could be a factor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mLuMaN83
12-29-2013, 08:52 AM
Date pending for me as well... school.

Spring break would be open for me.

static667
01-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Getting settled here in Tampa. I'm down for something in a few weeks, when I get some money coming in. Moving is costly.

Sent from my TI-85 with Tapatalk 4

JupiterBMW
01-08-2014, 07:33 AM
Getting settled here in Tampa. I'm down for something in a few weeks, when I get some money coming in. Moving is costly.

Sounds good Kyle, glad to hear you guys are getting settled. And I'm sure you're enjoying the weather compared to what you could be dealing with!!

We'll get something set up in the next few weeks for sure.

iPhone 5S. Tapatalk Pro. BOOM

328ioc
01-08-2014, 07:37 AM
There is a big meet in Orlando on February 15th. That I will be going to if anyone wants to join.

Euro Jam
Apparently Performance BMW will be there covering it.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/eurojam-2014-brought-to-by-lkq-potomac-german-south-tickets-9637621385?aff=efbevent

JupiterBMW
01-08-2014, 07:40 AM
Sounds good Devlin... I just found out in stuck out here for a few more weeks, but I should be home by then for sure... I'll call you in a few days when we get into port.

328ioc
01-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Sounds good Devlin... I just found out in stuck out here for a few more weeks, but I should be home by then for sure... I'll call you in a few days when we get into port.

Word.

Just added the link to my other post.

328ioc
01-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Forgot to add we already have at least 3 cars from my local group going to that meet.

Me and E36 M3 and a gorgeous M6 vert.

If anyone else wants to join let me know so we can all park together.

Secono330ci
01-08-2014, 11:55 AM
Down to go as well

static667
01-08-2014, 01:59 PM
I'm in. Katie will probably be unhappy that I will be washing my car on Valentine's day....

328ioc
01-08-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm in. Katie will probably be unhappy that I will be washing my car on Valentine's day....

Clear it with her now.

That's what I did with Liza. She will becoming too in case Katie is planning on coming.

Jon D
01-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Not a chance no Jon specific road trip that weekend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JupiterBMW
01-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Count me in, my wife could care less about Valentines Day... :biggrin. By then I should have a new vehicle too, maybe I could convince her to join!

328ioc
01-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Count me in, my wife could care less about Valentines Day... :biggrin. By then I should have a new vehicle too, maybe I could convince her to join!

I am giving myself until then to get my wheels refinished and my m3 mirrors on.

JupiterBMW
01-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Sounds good Devlin. Hopefully I can get the throttle body installed by then, then I'll be able to slap the Dinan badge on! :)

az3579
01-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Depending on where this meet will actually be going down, I have a friend who lives in the Miami area that's been itching for a meet ever since he moved down there in the summer and has been disappointed to find no events.

If it's Tampa area, it'll be a stretch since that's about 4 hours from him... but if you guys wouldn't mind having him around, I'd like to send this thread to him. He's not a member on here. He's also as much a Bimmerhead as anyone else on here, if not maybe more! He currently has a X1 35i.

JupiterBMW
01-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Your friend is nuts. There are ALWAYS meets down there. Runs, cars n coffee, LosThursday, lots of stuff.

Put him in touch with my contact info, any friend of BP is a friend of mine!

ELCID86
02-20-2014, 08:32 AM
FYI:

Detail Fest is only 23 days away!

Autogeek's 9th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show is rapidly approaching! Are YOU ready for the best two days car care has ever seen?! We certainly are, and that's why we're counting down the days like a child does with Christmas!

What is Detail Fest? On March 15-16, 2014, Autogeek will host the 9th annual Detail Fest & Car Show, offering a unique opportunity for car enthusiasts from around the globe to gather and celebrate their shared passion for cars! Detail Fest is a FREE, two-day event that is open to the public and will feature car shows, product demonstrations, mini-detailing classes, food vendors and live entertainment. Detail Fest provides a chance for fans and professionals alike to meet industry insiders and celebrities in a fun and casual setting. Each year, awareness of Detail Fest grows and Autogeek anticipates a record number of participants and spectators this year.

Click HERE for more information (http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Autogeek.net/31a99fe669/34c409e9d3/abcfdac41f)

ELCID86
02-20-2014, 08:33 AM
FYI: http://www.autogeek.net/detail-fest.html

Autogeek's 9th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show is rapidly approaching! Are YOU ready for the best two days car care has ever seen?! We certainly are, and that's why we're counting down the days like a child does with Christmas!

What is Detail Fest? On March 15-16, 2014, Autogeek will host the 9th annual Detail Fest & Car Show, offering a unique opportunity for car enthusiasts from around the globe to gather and celebrate their shared passion for cars! Detail Fest is a FREE, two-day event that is open to the public and will feature car shows, product demonstrations, mini-detailing classes, food vendors and live entertainment. Detail Fest provides a chance for fans and professionals alike to meet industry insiders and celebrities in a fun and casual setting. Each year, awareness of Detail Fest grows and Autogeek anticipates a record number of participants and spectators this year.

ELCID86
02-20-2014, 08:33 AM

ELCID86
02-20-2014, 08:34 AM

ELCID86
02-20-2014, 08:38 AM
Autogeek's 9th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show is rapidly approaching!