PDA

View Full Version : An Official {KS,OH,TX} Member Now!

Crickett
02-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Great to see an official ZHP Mafia forum! And here I thought it was just an E46F thing . . . :shifty

I'm serving in the USAF & so claim many states as home: born a Kansan, spent a year in OK, currently the wife & I are Ohioans (but will not be called Buckeyes!), & soon will be Texans.

I've had my 10/2003 ZHP for over three years now (since 08/2007) & have loved every minute! I actually bought it well before I knew much about E46s, let alone ZHPs; I just liked the MTech II & 135Ms! I wanted an M3, but needed a sedan, so imagine how thrilled I was when I finally learned what I had!

The PO didn't keep records well, though, & I suspect it was in some sort of accident since the only problems I've had have been with the front-left corner. So far I've had to replace the LCABs & left tie rod, & the left wheel & strut bearings sound like they're next. The driver-side fog was also replaced (it's smooth glass vs the passenger-side fluted) & the very front edge of my left side skirt is loose.

But she more than makes up for her few problems every time I get to kick the loud pedal at the end of a long sweeper.

But I'm preachin' to the choir, aren't I? :biggrin

Marcus-SanDiego
02-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Crickett, welcome to the site. The ZHP Mafia has been around for a long time (since May 2005). No one ever did anything with the name, though. There was no dedicated Web site. We changed that late last year.

And, yes, you're preaching to the choir. We never tire of it, though. So, preach on.

Enjoy the site.

kayger12
02-16-2011, 03:08 AM
Welcome to the Mafia.

mimalmo
02-16-2011, 03:34 AM
Welcome

danewilson77
02-16-2011, 03:45 AM
Welcome.

pyreguy
02-16-2011, 04:48 AM
Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

billschusteriv
02-16-2011, 05:55 AM
:hi Hi!

Looking forward to some pictures of your ZHP.

Be sure to use us as a resource - there's a lot of experience available through this group; if we don't have it posted here, chances are we've posted something or read something on another forum and can help point you in the right direction.

Sounds like with your last three years, you've picked up a bit of experience with your ZHP though....

Mtnman
02-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the family! Lets see some pics!

Rovert
02-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks for your service in the military. Your sacrifices allows us Stateside, to have the freedom to drive these vehicles without fear of something nasty happening by the bad.

Preach all you want, it just gives us all affirmation that we enjoy common things!

Mike V
02-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Welcome! What's your AF job? I was an Ammo guy and just retired 6 weeks ago.

Crickett
02-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Pics? I've got a couple available:

http://tcholo.net:8080/images/ZHPside.jpg

http://tcholo.net:8080/images/ZHPsideHDR.jpg

Welcome! What's your AF job? I was an Ammo guy and just retired 6 weeks ago.
Congratulations on concluding your service! I'm currently a comm. officer but will be training to be an RPA pilot this summer.

danewilson77
02-17-2011, 04:32 AM
Some pretty good military/retired military rep here. Me likey!

Mike V
02-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Congratulations on concluding your service! I'm currently a comm. officer but will be training to be an RPA pilot this summer.

Thanks! Good luck with your pilot training!

kpro
02-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Im a buckeye!!! are you stationed at Wright Patt? I have a few buddies who work over there in the AF :)

Crickett
02-24-2011, 05:36 AM
Im a buckeye!!! are you stationed at Wright Patt? I have a few buddies who work over there in the AF :)
Indeed (not many other places in OH for an AF guy)! I've seen quite a few E46s around the area & at least one ZHP. In fact, right in front of my building, in the leadership assigned parking, there are two TiAg coupes parked right next to each other, one pre- & one post-facelift. I need to remember to take a pic for future illustrative purposes.

johnnye23
02-24-2011, 05:54 AM
Thanks for your service and welcome !