PDA

View Full Version : ECIS Intake (RE) or AFE (Turner)???

94jedi
01-13-2014, 08:47 AM
Hey all, looking at intakes now. Seems like AFE Stg1 is the intake of choice around here but is there any reason I shouldn't get the ECIS from RE?

I do plan on a tune at some point (to go w/ the intake and headers) so that's something to keep in mind. I'm also planning on pullies shortly.

Let me know what you guys think - Thanks!

derbo
01-13-2014, 09:15 AM
I like the AFE intake. The enclosed box and reusable filter is quite nice. I don't have experience with the ECIS intake. Autoanything.com also sells the AFE intake and they have coupon codes all the time. :)

brettbimmer
01-13-2014, 09:20 AM
^Basically what Derek said above. AFE unit is good, though I don't think it adds a great deal (if any) power. However, the sound of sucking up the sidewalk when you step on the throttle is intoxicating!

94jedi
01-13-2014, 09:27 AM
Gotcha. So no love for the ECIS? And I assume Eurocharged can tune for either intake?

ELCID86
01-13-2014, 09:29 AM
I haven't heard of the ECIS. I have afe and BMW PAI (one per car). I like both.

ELCID86
01-13-2014, 09:32 AM
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?11227-E46-Master-List-of-Intakes

94jedi
01-13-2014, 09:40 AM
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?11227-E46-Master-List-of-Intakes

Thanks! I saw and read that thread but didn't see anything about the ECIS intake there.

I'm acutely aware that we're talking just a few HP, if any, overall. I think we can all agree that if were after big power, a GT35 (or bigger) would be the way to go but that's just not what I'm after here.

Avetiso
01-13-2014, 01:13 PM
I love the sound, by my aFe doesn't offer anything tangible in performance. I might be reverting to stock.

Smolck
01-13-2014, 07:47 PM
Hey all, looking at intakes now. Seems like AFE Stg1 is the intake of choice around here but is there any reason I shouldn't get the ECIS from RE?

I do plan on a tune at some point (to go w/ the intake and headers) so that's something to keep in mind. I'm also planning on pullies shortly.

Let me know what you guys think - Thanks!

Skip the pullies, get the tune. Do pullies last (if ever)

I had the ECIS, hands down made the most power.

94jedi
01-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Skip the pullies, get the tune. Do pullies last (if ever)

I had the ECIS, hands down made the most power.

Really? Increased IAT's or anything to worry about?

Coincidentally, the guy that started ECIS (one of the two) lived in my parents neighborhood (Rockville Md) for a brief time. I was into fox mustangs at the time. BMW were too pricey for me when I was 20 lol.