PDA

View Full Version : 2003 imola/blk 6mt 71k miles $13k north san diego

Schlag96
01-16-2014, 11:57 AM
Dealer doesn't know it's a zhp. VIN says it is. No pics listed yet. Get it while it's hot!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2015&zip=93010&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&mmt=%5BBMW%5B330I%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&vehicleStyleCodes=SEDAN&modelCode1=330I&sortBy=distanceASC&makeCode1=BMW&startYear=2003&showcaseOwnerId=79873&searchRadius=200&minPrice=11000&listingId=363831456&Log=0

...if my wife would let me buy a zhp this would be an introduction post :crying

Hermes
01-16-2014, 12:09 PM
"This car is no longer listed for sale.
The Seller has removed this ad from the site. Keep searching! We update our listings constantly, so we are sure you'll find similar cars."

PirateZHP
01-16-2014, 12:13 PM
It still shows up for me. And it is still on the dealership's website. Still no pics though...

fredo
01-16-2014, 12:26 PM
I can see the ad. BTW, it's in a BMW dealer.

Hermes
01-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Weird... is it at Encinitas or Escondido?

PirateZHP
01-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Encinitas

fredo
01-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Encinitas.

Hermes
01-16-2014, 12:30 PM
If you decide to buy it, ask for Ian Cautico (das boots' son). I'm pretty sure he works there, I sent him a text

Schlag96
01-16-2014, 12:32 PM
VIN lists silver cube trim. "STANDARDLEDER" for interior, which it looks like means leather not alc.

This is my dream car. I hate my wife. I love my wife, but I hate my wife.

jiggz
01-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Nicely optioned ZHP - leather, moonroof, CWP, xenons, silver-cube trim, etc.

It wasn't in the registry so I added it.

Hermes
01-16-2014, 12:38 PM
FYI - this dealer is part of AutoNation, so it might not actually be there. When we were looking for the E38 they told me they had one that fit my criteria, but it was actually in Minnesota

PirateZHP
01-16-2014, 12:39 PM
FYI - this dealer is part of AutoNation, so it might not actually be there. When we were looking for the E38 they told me they had one that fit my criteria, but it was actually in Minnesota

That's good to know for anyone interested. Thank, JP.

Schlag96
01-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Nicely optioned ZHP - leather, moonroof, CWP, xenons, silver-cube trim, etc.

It wasn't in the registry so I added it.
Yeah, and it was probably a one owner trade in that was serviced religiously at that dealer.

:crying

That would be even better - nobody is buying 2WD BMW's in MN in january :rofl

Hermes
01-16-2014, 12:41 PM
Ian texted me back, he'll check when he gets back to the dealer

alexandre
01-16-2014, 06:04 PM
Functioning link for people on smartphones

www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=363831456

(buy it and hide it in a shed, this is a steal)

das boots
01-16-2014, 07:37 PM
FYI. The ZHP Imola is still available at Encinitas BMW going through the 50 point inspection. As per Ian.

jiggz
01-16-2014, 08:18 PM
This car appears to be a really good deal considering color combo, mileage, and options.

C'mon Schlag96...this is your car :) Only 12.9K

STREETFIGHTER50
01-16-2014, 08:51 PM
No pics yet?

tkundhi
01-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Car is sold. Hopefully another board member got it.

I have to say, I'm not happy with the way BMW of Encinitas does business. I had been talking with the Internet Sales Manager for 2 days. I filled out the paperwork they wanted, offered a deposit (was told not necessary). Everything short of a sales contract. I was told I had first shot after the car came out of reconditioning. A PPI was scheduled for Monday. Just got a call saying the car was sold. Not cool.

ELCID86
01-18-2014, 03:03 PM
Yeah. I've dealt with a few like that in other cities. Epitome of used car shiesters. Sorry it didn't work out.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

BavarianZHP
01-18-2014, 03:55 PM
VIN WBAEV53403KM04134
Type code EV53
Type 330I (USA)
E series E46 (4FL)
Series 3
Type LIM
Steering LL
Doors 4
Engine M54
Displacement 3.00
Power 170
Drive HECK
Transmission MECH
Colour IMOLAROT 2 (405)
Upholstery STANDARDLEDER/SCHWARZ (N6SW)
Prod.date 2003-04-04
Close Options
Code
Description (interface)
Description (EPC)
S226A SPORTLICHE FAHRWERKSABSTIMMUNG Sports suspension settings
S249A MULTIFUNKTION FUER LENKRAD Multifunction f steering wheel
S403A GLASDACH, ELEKTRISCH Glass roof, electrical
S441A RAUCHERPAKET Smoker package
S459A SITZVERSTELLUNG, ELEKTR.MIT MEMORY Seat adjustment, electric, with memory
S465A DURCHLADESYSTEM Through-loading system
S481A SPORTSITZE FUER FAHRER/BEIFAHRER Sports seat
S494A SITZHEIZUNG FUER FAHRER/BEIFAHRER Seat heating driver/passenger
S495A 3. KOPFSTUETZE HINTEN 3-point belt & head restr'nt,rear middle
S502A SCHEINWERFER-WASCHANLAGE Headlight cleaning system
S522A XENON-LICHT Xenon Light
S534A KLIMAAUTOMATIK Automatic air conditioning
S640A AUTOTELEFONVORBEREITUNG Preparation f tel.installation universal
S650A CD-LAUFWERK CD player
S674A HIFI-SYSTEM HARMAN/KARDON Hi-Fi system Harman Kardon
Code
Description (interface)
Description (EPC)
S692A CD WECHSLER I-BUS VORBEREITUNG Preparation, BMW 6-CD changer I-bus
S710A M LEDERLENKRAD M sports steering wheel, multifunction
S716A M AERODYNAMIKPAKET II Aerodynamics package
S760A INDIVIDUAL HOCHGLANZ SHADOW LINE High gloss shadow line
S767A PERFORMANCE-PAKET Performance package
S770A INTERIEURLEISTE ALU CUBE SILBER Interior trim trips, Alu Silver Cube
S775A INDIVIDUAL DACHHIMMEL ANTHRAZIT Headlining anthracite
S787A M LM RAEDER DOPPELSP. 135 M/MISCHB. BMW alloy wheel, M double spoke 135
S818A BATTERIEHAUPTSCHALTER Battery master switch
S925A VERSANDSCHUTZPAKET Dispatch protection pack
Close Standard equipment
Code
Description (interface)
Description (EPC)
S210A DYNAMISCHE STAB. CONTROL (DSC) Dynamic stability control
S354A GRUENKEIL-FRONTSCHEIBE Windscreen, green-tinted upper strip
S411A FENSTERHEBER,ELEKTRISCH VORN/HINTEN Window lifts,electric,front/rear
S473A ARMAUFLAGE VORN Armrest front
S520A NEBELSCHEINWERFER Fog lights
S550A BORDCOMPUTER On-board computer
S645A RADIO-STEUERUNG US BMW US Radio
S661A RADIO BMW BUSINESS Radio BMW Business (C43)
S823A HEISSLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG Hot-climate version
S832A BATTERIE IM KOFFERRAUM Battery in luggage compartment
S845A AKUSTISCHE GURTWARNUNG Acoustic fasten seat belt reminder
S853A SPRACHVERSION ENGLISCH Language version, English
S876A FUNKFREQUENZ 315 MHZ Radio frequency 315 MHz
S992A STEUERUNG KENNZEICHENBEFESTIGUNG Control of number-plate attachment

Hermes
01-18-2014, 04:38 PM
Car is sold. Hopefully another board member got it.

I have to say, I'm not happy with the way BMW of Encinitas does business. I had been talking with the Internet Sales Manager for 2 days. I filled out the paperwork they wanted, offered a deposit (was told not necessary). Everything short of a sales contract. I was told I had first shot after the car came out of reconditioning. A PPI was scheduled for Monday. Just got a call saying the car was sold. Not cool.

That sucks. Personally I'm not a big fan of this dealer since they are part of a huge corp (nothing against Ian, he just works there and isn't even a salesman). Of the 5 dealers in town I rank them at the bottom, tied with BMW of San Diego. BMW of Escondido is the only one that is still family owned and managed (their loaners still say Brecht Motorsports on them). BMW of El Cajon is corp owned, but the management has done a great job of trying to keep the level of service that existed when the Cunningham family owned it. Mossy BMW of Vista is technically family owned but BMW is not their specialty (most of their dealerships are Asian cars), so I can't say to how well they are at dealing with the crowd that are BMW owners. We do have some members that work there in the service dept and they are great guys, but I have no personal experience with the sales staff.

Basically, if I was to buy a car here in town it would only be from Escondido or El Cajon.

das boots
01-18-2014, 09:02 PM
Imola in Encinitas sold to Lisa Goehring. BMWCCA SD Chapter Newsletter Editor.

Hermes
01-18-2014, 11:54 PM
I just saw that, she looks very happy

TigerTater
01-19-2014, 05:11 AM
Looks like it pays to be in "high" places..

ELCID86
01-19-2014, 06:27 AM
Imola in Encinitas sold to Lisa Goehring. BMWCCA SD Chapter Newsletter Editor.

I wonder what her take on this would be. Perhaps a letter to the editor??

das boots
01-19-2014, 06:58 PM

I doubt it. She was on the right place and right time. She went there in person. No other applicants for the ZHP in person.

ELCID86
01-19-2014, 07:18 PM
I doubt it. She was on the right place and right time. She went there in person. No other applicants for the ZHP in person.

To me this should not matter. The salesman was working with a customer (virtually) to get it inspected and take delivery.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Hermes
01-19-2014, 07:49 PM
She already owned a 325i and has been looking for a ZHP for some time as well. Like Lawrence said she was in the right place at the right time.

If anything the general manager probably overruled the internet sales guy and sold it as he has somebody there in person. It's not her fault this happened and we shouldn't be mad at her.

No. Like I said this dealership doesn't care. The only 2 dealers in town that actually care about the club are Escondido and El Cajon. This dealership is all about selling cars and that's it, she was just there first.

ELCID86
01-19-2014, 07:52 PM
Not mad at her. Just car salesmen in general.

Hermes
01-19-2014, 07:53 PM
Not mad at her. Just car salesmen in general.

Understandable, that's why I generally buy my cars from private parties. I did buy the ZHP from a dealership, but that was 5 years ago and the car was a 3 year old lease return with 30k miles on it.

das boots
01-19-2014, 08:57 PM
This was exactly how I purchased my ZHP from a used car sales in Menifee. They didn't even know what is a ZHP. They don't care. As long as they make a sale. I was just there earlier than other buyers when I put my down payment. I finally met a car broker a few months later who was also after the same ZHP. I was just a few minutes ahead of him. Right place, right time.

tkundhi
01-20-2014, 02:55 PM
I was the virtual buyer and have no hard feeling towards Lisa. Being local has it's advantages. Glad to hear it went to an enthusiast and car club member.

Going over this in my mind, I should have known something wasn't right. I've done several long distance BMW purchases. From my first conversation I asked for pictures and for the sales guy to drive the car and give me his impressions. That would have given me enough information to write the sales contract. He didn't do that; repeatedly saying the car was in prep/reconditioning. Both of us knew the car was a ZHP and desirable. Overall, I was left with the impression selling this car to me wasn't his top priority. I get that too. Why focus in a $13k sale when you can work a $45k sale?

Here is why I'd have done things differently had I been on the selling side. You never know who you're selling to. What the sales guy didn't know is I'm also looking for a 2011-2012 X5 5.0 with certain options. A combination that is much more common in So Cal than in Nebraska. I didn't share because it wasn't relevant to the ZHP purchase.

Whatever the reasons, I probably won't consider BMW of Encinitas for my BMW needs. They probably don't care as I'm 1000 miles away. I've moved on and will find the right ZHP for me. Plus I'm talking to another CA dealer about the X5 we need.

t.

00 323iT 5-spd
98 M3 sedan
92 325ic M-Tech
91 M3 2.5 koalapower

ELCID86
01-20-2014, 03:08 PM
I was the virtual buyer and have no hard feeling towards Lisa. Being local has it's advantages. Glad to hear it went to an enthusiast and car club member.

Going over this in my mind, I should have known something wasn't right. I've done several long distance BMW purchases. From my first conversation I asked for pictures and for the sales guy to drive the car and give me his impressions. That would have given me enough information to write the sales contract. He didn't do that; repeatedly saying the car was in prep/reconditioning. Both of us knew the car was a ZHP and desirable. Overall, I was left with the impression selling this car to me wasn't his top priority. I get that too. Why focus in a $13k sale when you can work a $45k sale?

Here is why I'd have done things differently had I been on the selling side. You never know who you're selling to. What the sales guy didn't know is I'm also looking for a 2011-2012 X5 5.0 with certain options. A combination that is much more common in So Cal than in Nebraska. I didn't share because it wasn't relevant to the ZHP purchase.

Whatever the reasons, I probably won't consider BMW of Encinitas for my BMW needs. They probably don't care as I'm 1000 miles away. I've moved on and will find the right ZHP for me. Plus I'm talking to another CA dealer about the X5 we need.

I've had several dealers treat me similarly. "Car is in prep..." "you have first dibs..." "I'm sorry, that car is sold."
Glad you have moved on, not worth dwelling on. Happy hunting.

Hermes
01-20-2014, 03:44 PM

t.

00 323iT 5-spd
98 M3 sedan
92 325ic M-Tech
91 M3 2.5 koalapower

T,

If you want somebody that will put the effort into finding you that X5 I have a friend that is a sales associate at the El Cajon dealership. More importantly, he is an enthusiast himself and loves helping someone find the right car - not necessarily the one he will get the biggest commission from. Send me a message if you want his contact info.

BTW, sweet lineup you have there. Wanna post a new member intro thread? I would love to see pics of that EVO koala powered box flare car ;)

JP