PDA

View Full Version : I think I found another glitch

az3579
02-16-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm not sure if this is host-specific, but I noticed something after we changed hosts. With the old host I was able to make a post, edit it, and edit it again. (I do that a lot, bad habit).
But now, I can make a post and edit it once, after that clicking on "Edit" does nothing, and the thread has to get refreshed and then the "Edit" feature will work again.

Is this a glitch in the system?

Marcus-SanDiego
02-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Maybe a glitch in the system. But I will bring it to the attention of admin on Sunday when I see him.

By the way, I just tried to post, edit, save, edit, save, edit, and save and it worked just fine.

I'm using FF. Are you using IE?

az3579
02-16-2011, 05:13 PM
I am, but this isn't a problem on any other site.

test

I just tried it again, and the 2nd Edit is what broke it.
I recently cleared my cookies and temporary files, so that isn't it.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Just wanted to make sure. I wanted that information for my Sunday meeting. Will let him know that's it's particular to IE.

I am also going to try it out right now with IE.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-16-2011, 05:17 PM
BP, I just tried it on IE. No problem there either. Odd.

I'd like others to try it on IE, too. Let's see if we can replicate it.

az3579
02-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Just wanted to make sure. I wanted that information for my Sunday meeting. Will let him know that's it's particular to IE.

I am also going to try it out right now with IE.

I'm going to do a little bit more testing. It's possible that my current configuration may be the culprit (I'm a power user so I have a ton of specialized applications running).

Marcus-SanDiego
02-16-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm going to do a little bit more testing. It's possible that my current configuration may be the culprit (I'm a power user so I have a ton of specialized applications running).

Thanks, BP. It works on both of my browsers. Please let me know.

az3579
02-16-2011, 05:22 PM
That's weird. Tested on my diagnostic laptop running Windows 7 (same os) and it's working fine.
Same browser...

Marcus-SanDiego
02-16-2011, 05:24 PM
And I cannot replicate it, either. I am sure you will keep testing it to get a definitive answer.

az3579
02-17-2011, 06:36 PM
I installed IE9 beta. I'm thinking it's what's causing the issue because it seems the problem has been there since I upgraded. It's a shame though, because I really like it so far. This is the only single little gripe I have with it. Otherwise a pretty solid product considering it's still in Beta.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-17-2011, 06:38 PM
BP, thanks for tracking that down, pal (and, yes, I am playing on your name).

az3579
02-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Don't get smart with me man... lol
j/k

test
test

It seems that it doesn't do it with Firefox. Looks like they have a couple of other things to work out in the IE9 beta.
There are just a few things with Firefox that drive me crazy, but I guess I'll have to live with it. I'm too lazy to downgrade IE right now. lol