PDA

View Full Version : BimmerBrakes GEN3 M54B25/M54B30 Performance Headers

JKO_ZHP
01-22-2014, 10:04 PM
Has anyone ordered these before?
I placed an order earlier this month on the 17th and as of today, it says the order is still processing. I understand that the 18th and 19th was the weekend and the 20th was MLK Day but I had expected to see "Shipped" over "Processing" by now.

Is this something that has to be made after an order is placed or is this something that's in stock already, ready to ship?

Avetiso
01-22-2014, 10:33 PM
You try giving them a call? Sometimes, it's just human error than needs a little ear time to rectify.

I don't see why it should be taking this long.

Hermes
01-22-2014, 10:38 PM
Ask Seth, he had them. I vaguely remember him saying they are out of production and only a few units remain

JKO_ZHP
01-23-2014, 01:27 AM
You try giving them a call? Sometimes, it's just human error than needs a little ear time to rectify.

I don't see why it should be taking this long.

No contact info is listed anywhere on the site. Even their "blog" is a dead link.

Ask Seth, he had them. I vaguely remember him saying they are out of production and only a few units remain

I assumed they still had a few since the product was still listed and the Terms and Conditions at the bottom was renewed for 2014.

stephenkirsh
01-23-2014, 09:18 AM
That could just be some HTML code that shows the current year.

johnrando
01-23-2014, 05:37 PM
A birdie told me they arrived. :) Looking forward to first impressions and a review.

QC_ZHP
01-23-2014, 05:38 PM
Same. IIRC, Bimmerbrakes is a fairly small company only run by 1 or 2 guys. Communication issues are inevitable. Glad to hear he's got them.

JKO_ZHP
01-23-2014, 06:23 PM
I knew you would beat me to it here John. :)
Yes! I did get them. What a relief.......I was worried when the status never changed to "Shipped" online because it said it would when they have been sent.
The fact that no contact info was listed anywhere amplified my fear.

Glad to have them here now!

johnrando
01-23-2014, 06:27 PM
:) I'm thinking of getting these, so anxious to hear about 'em.

Avetiso
01-23-2014, 06:35 PM
Glad to hear you got them.

JKO_ZHP
01-23-2014, 07:35 PM
:) I'm thinking of getting these, so anxious to hear about 'em.

What would be your plan in regards to the emissions/legality issue, if any? Mine was to do smog later this year when it's due, then throw them on and live life on the edge for the next two years.

Glad to hear you got them.

I wasn't expecting any other mail or packages so after a split second of seeing that huge box, I looked like this -> :happydane

P.S. I just realized the pic code is "happydane." Is there a story to this?

johnrando
01-23-2014, 07:38 PM
Kinda my plan too, but I do want to put cats on.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

JKO_ZHP
01-23-2014, 08:08 PM
Kinda my plan too, but I do want to put cats on.

What brand/from where? I can be your guinea pig in a sense if I end up getting the stuff and doing it first. Haha I don't mind.
My mechanic is the most honest person I know so labor costs won't be an issue, just parts cost.

johnrando
01-23-2014, 08:10 PM
No idea yet. You're leading the charge here. :biggrin

JKO_ZHP
01-23-2014, 08:19 PM
Well, I'll leave it up to my mechanic, he knows way more than I can ever hope to learn. Maybe since he works on track cars and DDs alike, he'll hopefully know some mumbo jumbo to make them legal and CEL-free...

Hermes
01-23-2014, 09:57 PM
Does your mechanic know about this plan yet? Technically he is also liable if you get caught

Avetiso
01-23-2014, 10:04 PM
Well, I'll leave it up to my mechanic, he knows way more than I can ever hope to learn. Maybe since he works on track cars and DDs alike, he'll hopefully know some mumbo jumbo to make them legal and CEL-free...
CA legislation is pretty thorough.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to make it legal. First of all, CA law says that you cannot replace your cats unless your OE ones go bad. You must have an auto shop endorse that your old cats did indeed go bad.

Secondly, if you try running catless, you'll more than likely fail a visual.

Cats also may not be more than 3 inches away from their OE location.

Running headers in CA isn't possible legally (at least 99% of the time). It's all a matter of how much you can get away with.

JKO_ZHP
01-23-2014, 11:44 PM
Hermes, I called him already and I'm sure he knows they're illegal off-road, and I'm also sure being a track tuner, he's done this for some other customers too (for their daily cars). I emailed him the product link so he could get an idea of how the install will go - he mentioned how it can be very pricey to install some headers that are two-piece or something since it requires more work...or......something.

Anyways, I'm waiting to hear back from him to see what my next step will be.

Dario, I'm fine with living with the CEL and risk of possible random roadside smog checks. At least that's my mentality right now. I'm due for smog sometime later this year so right after is when my two-year window starts....plus, I'm taking the ZHP in for a full inspection and cooling system overhaul, oil change, etc. which was why I'm sort of planning to get the headers in after everything that needs to be replaced is done so there are less worries about the CEL hiding something.

TigerTater
03-12-2014, 08:43 AM
Does anyone know the difference in the Gen 3 and the V1 model Bimmer Brakes headers?

TigerTater
03-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Does anyone know the difference in the Gen 3 and the V1 model Bimmer Brakes headers?

Insight anyone?

QC_ZHP
03-12-2014, 05:02 PM
I think it may just be better fitment. Either is going to fit better than ebay headers more than likely. V1 & V3 are the same price on their site I think, thats if you're buying new of course.

328ioc
03-13-2014, 06:16 AM
V1 and Gen3 are two cometely different designs.

Look on their website and they explain everything and they have pictures.

Its very easy to see the difference in pictures.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Smolck
03-19-2014, 08:50 AM
Insight anyone?

Gen 3 are true "equal length" headers. In theory this should give better scavenging and more torque. The v1s aren't made anymore. The gen 3 will also be harder to install because of the tube layout. They are pretty though.

TigerTater
04-02-2014, 07:27 AM
I knew you would beat me to it here John. :)
Yes! I did get them. What a relief.......I was worried when the status never changed to "Shipped" online because it said it would when they have been sent.
The fact that no contact info was listed anywhere amplified my fear.

Glad to have them here now!

What shipping company did BB use? I ordered almost a week ago and have not received any confirmation either? I'm registered for ups and fedex tracking so that I may see incoming deliveries to my home and nothing is showing up! Also did your order review page say that you still owed $$ even though you have confirmed payment via PayPal?

Sent from Outerspace using iphone 13

TigerTater
04-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Bump

JKO_ZHP
05-09-2014, 06:49 PM
What shipping company did BB use? I ordered almost a week ago and have not received any confirmation either? I'm registered for ups and fedex tracking so that I may see incoming deliveries to my home and nothing is showing up! Also did your order review page say that you still owed $$ even though you have confirmed payment via PayPal?

Sorry - I assume that you've received your order by now but here's what happened anyways:
I'm not sure what shipping company they used. It came in a beat-up looking cardboard box with a shipping label on the side though. I'm going to guess maybe Greyhound....? I can check.
It took about 2-3 weeks for the order to arrive. I did not get any tracking number so after a few days, I went back on their site to try and contact them. No contact info is listed on their website, anywhere. I checked every single link.

However, they are on Facebook and respond very quick. I PM'd them a while back after receiving my order and asking how many units were left and they responded within a day. That seems to be the best (and only) way to get in touch with them.

TigerTater
05-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Yea got em a couple weeks ago. Thanks though!

Sent from my iPhone 13

mbeckel
05-10-2014, 04:54 AM
I have the V1 headers as well and love them

Sent from in the bushes