View Full Version : conforti shark injector REview request

diverse
02-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Has anyone tried this

I have read what they post on the website

But not sure about the claims.

14+ hp gains on the zhp
11 torque gains.

what will I feel with this sort of gain if it is even real?

Avetiso
02-07-2014, 10:01 AM
Plenty of people run this tune on their ZHPs. It's good stuff, and totally legit.

midlandtech
02-07-2014, 10:25 AM
I run the tune. Had slightly better throttle response. Car felt a little more awake if that makes since.

taptalk + Note 3

johnrando
02-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Dane has it and likes it.

danewilson77
02-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Dane has it and likes it.

+1

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

LivesNearCostco
02-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Yes I like it but no way it gave me +14 peak RWHP. Maybe somewhere in the RPM curve it gave me an extra 14HP, but at peak it was like +4 or +5 HP.

diverse
02-07-2014, 02:33 PM
ok thanks guys I think as livesnearcostco says
+4 or 5
I can still live with that. I am not looking to race just want to feel a little more pep.
I have an automatic so I am certainly not looking to go into high rpm territory
but adding more torque will be a big plus.

TigerTater
02-07-2014, 04:38 PM
auto works better with Eurocharged than shark...thats what I have..its very nice

BCS_ZHP
02-07-2014, 06:22 PM
ok thanks guys I think as livesnearcostco says
+4 or 5
I can still live with that. I am not looking to race just want to feel a little more pep.
but adding more torque will be a big plus.

I've owned 5 ZHPs, one steptronic, and have driven at least 15-20 other ZHPs as well as some non-ZHPs, Sharked or not. I test drove Kayger's Jersey Graphite which is Sharked before he bought it and I can attest to that being one of the best accelerating e46s I've ever driven, caveated by the primary upgrade being the tune itself and nothing else. (If you start adding CAIs and catback exhaust, then things change for the better.) The addl power of the Shark comes above 4K rpms, and when it does, hold on to your hat, couldn't get the grin off my face. I'm not sure if I know of a tune that takes care of the lower revs and just provides more torque, maybe you could specify that to one of the custom tuners but I don't know.

And on any tune, it learns your driving habits. So if you drive sedentary M-F and then spirited on the weekend, it will take a bit of miles on Saturday morning for the tune to relearn your weekend driving tendencies. But it will, and you in turn will grin after its remedial training, grinning like a little kid that just found the secret candy stash.

diverse
02-08-2014, 08:21 AM
very interesting @ the tune learning my habits..

I have read some other reviewers about the shark and it seems pretty impressive.

for now I will probably go with a decent intake
the shark
and do the underpully swap

I feel these are the lowest cost options. that wont push my car into overt tuner territory.

I like a spirited car. but I don't want to have to drive like an @$$ to get the job done.

diverse
02-08-2014, 08:26 AM
@midlantech your car is pretty sharp
it is pretty amazing what a little wax and minor details do

the smoke lenses really make the car slick.

midlandtech
02-08-2014, 10:10 AM
@midlantech your car is pretty sharp
it is pretty amazing what a little wax and minor details do

the smoke lenses really make the car slick.

Thanks much appreciated. These cars really pop with some elbow grease.

stephenkirsh
02-12-2014, 02:56 PM

Is there a connection there that I'm not aware of?