PDA

View Full Version : Email notification

iZHP
02-17-2011, 12:53 PM
My email notification for new posts aren't/have never worked. I have an @att.net email through yahoo. Anyone else have issues receiving notifications with yahoo?

ZSP-Mafia
02-17-2011, 01:36 PM
I dont get email notices with my msn but I'm not sure if I'm setup to receive em.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-17-2011, 02:40 PM
I advise everyone to resubscribe to threads -- especially since we changed servers.

ZSP-Mafia
02-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Oh, I'm talking about email PM notifications.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Check to make sure that you do not have them turned off. I have mine turned off. I do not get any PM notifications. I'd get email all day long if I did. You can find your settings by going to: settings>general settings>private message notifications.

iZHP
02-17-2011, 05:31 PM
It's all turned on. I'll try deleting and re subscribing.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-17-2011, 08:09 PM
It's all turned on. I'll try deleting and re subscribing.

Let me know. I am able to see how people get to the site. I see that someone just came from a Yahoo mail exchange. Not sure if the visit was prompted by an email sent from the site, though.

iZHP
02-18-2011, 07:44 AM
nope...still nothing..i've checked spam folder too

Marcus-SanDiego
02-18-2011, 07:52 AM
I'll look into it, 808.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-18-2011, 08:03 AM
808, I have turned them off for you.

At this point, I want you to unsubscribe to all threads (you can resubscribe later).

After you've done that, I want you to go back into your control panel and do two things.

First, go to your settings and enable this option: Send Notification Email When a Private Message is Received.

Then, go to thread subscriptions settings and opt in for Instant email notification when you subscribe to a thread.

Then, I want you to subscribe to one thread. Subscribe to this thread (here (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?1189-Edit-Test)).

iZHP
02-23-2011, 07:09 PM
update: I've since tried my @verizon.net email and that doesn't work either. Seems the only one that works is gmail.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-23-2011, 07:16 PM
update: I've since tried my @verizon.net email and that doesn't work either. Seems the only one that works is gmail.

It's a conspiracy by google. Hmm. Let me think about this. Will get back to you on it.

///Maniak
10-01-2012, 04:48 AM
I also have never gotten any notification emails (for PM's or for thread subscriptions). I've gone through and ensured all my settings should be the where they should be, and I checked my spam folder. Any suggestions?

UdubBadger
10-01-2012, 05:41 AM
Me either but I check in so many times throughout the day that I never notice.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

WOLFN8TR
10-01-2012, 05:56 AM
I don't get email notifications anymore either using Gmail. It worked fine until a few months ago. Tried changing the settings but nothing worked.

johnrando
10-01-2012, 06:16 AM
My email notifications stopped awhile ago too (for things like PMs), and I've never knowingly changed my settings. I'm on verizon.net

///Maniak
10-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Any updates? I'm still getting no notifications.

Marcus-SanDiego
10-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Still haven't figured it out. Tried one thing. Did not work. Lots of possible culprits when it comes to software. Trying to find a small thing among a large sea.

Bear with us.

Thanks.

Nivo
10-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Mine have never worked and I have a yahoo account.

On VB Forums if you do not have the "contact details" > "Webmaster email" where it should be we wouldn't get emails from the forum sent.

danewilson77
10-11-2012, 03:06 PM
May be good data. Thanks Nivo

Nivo
10-11-2012, 03:09 PM
May be good data. Thanks Nivo

Dealt with things like this all the time when I was an Administrator for back then autoforums (http://www.autoforums.com/) turned Autoguide.

Marcus-SanDiego
10-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Will check that as well. Thanks, Nivo.

GT172I
11-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Welp looks like I'm in the same boat as the rest here. No emails from zhpm from either thread activity or PM's and have settings configured as DW shared. I'm on gmail too so it's not that. I also have received PM notifications in the past (most recently this March) and never changed anything so its likely something on the server side.

Rovert
11-07-2012, 10:28 PM
I know I used to get notifications via gmail and I remember by chance I read that all free email services were being thrown out the door for notifications but I can't remember where I read it. It sure makes it harder to reply and use the site because I'll check in every once and a while but if I get a notification I'm on it right away.

I know I've been missing on the Mafia for a half year...it's mainly because of the notifications and that's the truth. I come here because of that because of ease. I hope it gets fixed one day. Because the other 3 forums i frequent all work 100% fine. And I believe I'm not the only case who doesn't come here because they get no more email notifications. But I'll still be around!! Just might be a week or two between replies. LOL

danewilson77
11-08-2012, 04:30 AM
Well....if other forums "work 100%" then our issue can't be that "free email services were being thrown out the door", correct?

ryankokesh
11-08-2012, 05:43 AM
I don't quite follow...

Regardless, I think we should bug Tapatalk to get push notifications for ios. That'd be sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcus-SanDiego
11-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Actually, the server company we use does block specific email services. Hotmail is one of them. Hotmail is a well-known service that spammers use. As such, our server company blocks any and all emails that would otherwise go to a Mafia member with a hotmail address. I also got notification each time my server would not send an email to a member with one of those email addresses.

Anyhow, as I told Dane this morning, it's been difficult to figure out why our emails stopped working.

We'd like people to keep coming to the site -- on their own for now. If, though, you'll only come to zhpmafia.com if you are prompted by an email, then we'll just miss you until we get the email situation squared away.

JupiterBMW
11-08-2012, 12:22 PM
If, though, you'll only come to zhpmafia.com if you are prompted by an email, then we'll just miss you until we get the email situation squared away.

Can I get an AMEN!! I agree, you should come here because you want to.. I agree it sucks that notifications don't work as I often forget to check up on the CF splitter group, but I still drop in all the time to see what's going on. I enjoy reading the threads on here, so I visit I keep in touch with everyone.

Sent from my hybrid iPhone 4/4S... :shifty

328ioc
11-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Can I get an AMEN!! I agree, you should come here because you want to.. I agree it sucks that notifications don't work as I often forget to check up on the CF splitter group, but I still drop in all the time to see what's going on. I enjoy reading the threads on here, so I visit I keep in touch with everyone.

Sent from my hybrid iPhone 4/4S... :shifty

+1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WOLFN8TR
11-08-2012, 03:56 PM
AMEN...

I have adapted. If someone responds to something I have posted and I do not respond don't take it as I'm blowing you off. It's my email notifications I swear....lol.

jayjay_dee
11-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Is it only me?

The first thing I do is visit/read threads in ZHPMafia.com every day I get on my desk/pc at the office...

Email notifications was just an added extra, but not necessary...

toddness
11-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Is it only me?

The first thing I do is visit/read threads in ZHPMafia.com every day I get on my desk/pc at the office...

Email notifications was just an added extra, but not necessary...

I have dropped all other forms of social media, news reading, and web surfing for this best single source of interaction and information available.

johnrando
11-09-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm always on this site, but email notifications really help me for PMs when I'm away from the computer or busy on a call, and it would definitely be helpful for Group notifications.

Nivo
12-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Ok, today I started receiving email notifications. also noticed that after I make a post. the thread I just posted on does appear in whats new.