PDA

View Full Version : Tweeter Woes (H/K)

Fried_Chicken
02-08-2014, 09:13 PM
So I'm having some woes about the sound system (H/K).

First, my front right tweeter is out. I first thought it was the wiring harness connecting my aftermarket head unit (I know I know, but it's cheap and the connectivity it offers is unprecedented), but I double checked the wiring today and everything appears to be connected properly.

So this leaves me scratching my head, I wouldn't expect tweeters to blow, but is it possible (w/o any other speakers going out)?

Then I listened to how sound was coming out in the back. The tweeters in the back doors, man they sound like shit! Again, is this normal? I then went in search of where the mids come from in the back... It sounded to me like it was coming out of the subwoofer...? Do the "subwoofers" in the back also have a mid-range speaker?

I do want to say though that overall the sound system sounds very good, and I've received many compliments from friends who I've shown it to, so I don't want to come off as hating the h/k system!

BavarianZHP
02-08-2014, 11:19 PM
I had to replace a lot of blown speakers when I first received the car. The HK systems in our cars.... do suck. They're not known to be very good. Actually, I would've replaced them with aftermarket if I'd known they would still sound sub-par after replacing the blown ones.

Avetiso
02-08-2014, 11:31 PM
I had to replace a lot of blown speakers when I first received the car. The HK systems in our cars.... do suck. They're not known to be very good. Actually, I would've replaced them with aftermarket if I'd known they would still sound sub-par after replacing the blown ones.

+1

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

midlandtech
02-09-2014, 06:32 AM
Wish there was an aftermarket speaker that was plug and play but not priced ridiculous like bsw

taptalk + Note 3

ELCID86
02-09-2014, 06:34 AM
Wish there was an aftermarket speaker that was plug and play but not priced ridiculous like bsw

taptalk + Note 3

Exactly. Not a lot of easy economical options.

Fried_Chicken
02-09-2014, 06:47 PM
I actually have been contemplating getting what this guy has to offer:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/281160702868?nav=SEARCH

midlandtech
02-09-2014, 09:50 PM
Not bad 600 is still a lot of scratch for speakers. Coming from a car audio back ground 80% of how a system sounds is dependent on install. I just can't believe that with as popular as these cars are that there isn't something else out there

taptalk + Note 3