PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Mistake

Indvdl M
02-20-2014, 05:23 PM
Purchased my ZHP a few weeks ago and tried to update the Nav with the BMWNav.net disc. I didn't search prior to purchasing, which is my first mistake. I inserted the disc to update and it will not update, eject or anything. The disc is stuck in the player and I have tried methods 1 and 2 to get the disc out. The DVD drive is now in my living room and I really don't want to crack it open. Is that my ONLY option?
I have tried powering down and back up and hitting eject as soon as power goes to the unit. I don't think I can reach in and pull it out with anything without damaging the disc or the player. Any experiences would be appreciated. TIA

johnrando
02-20-2014, 05:45 PM
Bummer, not sure. Check xoutpost.com to see if there are any suggestions there, they have an extensive NAV subforum.

wsmeyer
02-20-2014, 05:52 PM
I had a disc stuck in mine and had to take the top off to get it out. Really wasn't that hard.

ELCID86
02-21-2014, 02:46 PM
Bummer, not sure. Check xoutpost.com to see if there are any suggestions there, they have an extensive NAV subforum.
+1

Indvdl M
02-24-2014, 04:49 PM
I rectified the situation by burning my own disc from Neil Oakley's website. Now the only question, where to get proper map discs. I got them from BMWnav but am afraid to use them so I am working off of the 2005 maps. Thanks for everyone's help.

ELCID86
02-24-2014, 05:00 PM
I got mine off eBay. I think it was like $35-40. Works fine (well as far as an antiquated DVD based system works).

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.