PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Brake Fluid

llll1l1ll
02-23-2014, 08:49 AM
Hey guys,

Just wondering about something: I'm planning on switching to ATE Super Blue and using a pressure bleeder to bleed the brakes. Any issue in having a little bit of old, "regular" brake fluid mixing with the blue stuff? I wouldn't think it would really affect it too much.

Thanks,
Pete

ELCID86
02-23-2014, 09:02 AM
Any DOT4 should be ok. Some ppl alternate between ATE Blue and ATE Gold so they can tell when the line has been purged.

brettbimmer
02-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Shouldn't be a problem. Often people will alternative between Super Blue and Gold with each fluid flush to know that they have completely removed the old fluid. BTW, Super Blue is no longer available to buy in the USA as I recall, so hope you have enough for the job. Some crazy regulation about it not being allowed because of it's color. Good luck with the flush.

llll1l1ll
02-23-2014, 09:45 AM
Oh really? I haven't bought any yet - I was just asking all this in advance. Thanks for the heads up, though! Looks like it's just regular brake fluid for me.

llll1l1ll
02-23-2014, 09:46 AM
PS thanks for the answers!

M0nk3y
02-23-2014, 04:51 PM
Oh really? I haven't bought any yet - I was just asking all this in advance. Thanks for the heads up, though! Looks like it's just regular brake fluid for me.

You can still get the ATE Gold...which is the same thing.

You will get some mixing no matter what, simply because of the ABS.

FYI : You can still get it on ebay