PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Famiglia Checking in!!

DARXIDE
02-19-2011, 01:45 PM
ZaHPnin' everybody?!

I just found out about the site yesterday. Looking to chat with those that "understand". ;) :biggrin

Just did the guibo n center support thang. Needed it SO bad, replaced the thrust arm bushings too. Feeling pretty good but still have much love and care to attend to... IF you've got any suggestions, please feel free to chime in. THANKS. Also, any local events for ZHPs?

Things to work on:
-small valve cover leak near firewall...next oil change.
-disabled sunroof...was told I need the whole cartridge replaced?! Left alone until I have a spare$1500....
-need new clips for right side "aero-skirt" or whatever it's called...3 are busted (friggen highcentered on a driveway)
-windshield washer pump not working
-I believe I'm noticing some slippage in the clutch...ugh.:eek
-ANYone have a copy of the updated GPS DVD?
-Alcantara steering wheel is full of hand oil and is smooth at 12o'clock...bummer
-small scratches on the carbon block door handles
-Looking into a cold air/K&N type filter
-Anyone running RFTs? Was told that the OEM tires were NOT RFTs and that the ride would quiet a bit with some regular Hankooks 255/40/18s
-Also, opinions on best sparkplug choices?
-Looking for cheap O2 sensors (four of them? are they all the same?)
-possible upgrade on the waterpump?

Thanks again for the feedback!

Sean

mimalmo
02-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Welcome Sean.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Sean, welcome to the site. We definitely understand.

pyreguy
02-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Welcome! Like your enthusiasm!

kayger12
02-19-2011, 03:11 PM
ZaHPnin' everybody?!

Things to work on:
-small valve cover leak near firewall...next oil change.
-disabled sunroof...was told I need the whole cartridge replaced?! Left alone until I have a spare$1500....
-need new clips for right side "aero-skirt" or whatever it's called...3 are busted (friggen highcentered on a driveway)
-I believe I'm noticing some slippage in the clutch...ugh.:eek
-Alcantara steering wheel is full of hand oil and is smooth at 12o'clock...bummer
-Anyone running RFTs? Was told that the OEM tires were NOT RFTs and that the ride would quiet a bit with some regular Hankooks 255/40/18s

Thanks again for the feedback!

Sean

Welcome to the Mafia, Sean.

Feel your pain on the sunroof. Had to disable the one in my 325. Check out these guys for a refurbished cassette http://www.bmrparts.com/ They had one for $400 when I checked. Downside is the 8 hours labor to drop and replace the headliner.

For the GPS DVD check out these guys. $50 for the updated firmware with 2011 maps http://www.bmwnav.net/

Alcantara steering wheel restore DIY here http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?402-DIY-Restore-Your-Alcantara-Steering-Wheel

Sparkplugs: NGK BKR6EQUP from ZHPM.c affiliate advertiser here (http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-4193730-10709358) .

Enjoy the site.

danewilson77
02-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the forum berosky. Sounds like a nice ride. Lookin forward to picks.....

Answering your questions here....Dont know what you know.....so don't be offended.
-Small valve cover leak near firewall...next oil change.
Get the 15 grommets as well as the VCG kit. Good time to do plugs here.

-Disabled sunroof...was told I need the whole cartridge replaced?! Left alone until I have a spare$1500....
Not buying this.

-Need new clips for right side "aero-skirt" or whatever it's called...3 are busted (friggen highcentered on a driveway)
No brainer here.

No brainer here. I will tell you the last time I changed HID bulbs I had to drain my windshield washer fluid....and the Motive Power Extractor was an awesome tool for this....vice letting all of that just drain out to wherever it wanted to go. Might be an ideal time for you to pick one up. Just an idea.

-I believe I'm noticing some slippage in the clutch...ugh.
Yikes.

Keith? I also remember someone saying to Keith..."You paid for that?" or something to that effect....so hit him up.

Time for the ///M stitched Alcantara re-wrap for $120.00. www.cobywheels.com

I do not know what this is?

I have the drop in and am happy with it. I clean it about every 2k miles. BMW performance intake or AFE is what I have been recommending from my reviews.

Runnin Hankooks and love them.

NGK BKR6EQUP.

Amazon. Use the link here please. $53.00.

Stewart water pump FTW.

Whew! Welcome to the Mafia!!!!!

kayger12
02-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Smokin the keyboard, DW! Nice work.

danewilson77
02-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Smokin the keyboard, DW! Nice work.

Missed you guys.

Mtnman
02-19-2011, 07:26 PM
welcome to the family. as you can tell by dane and keith's posts above, we are accommodating and will help out any way we can!

SC4ME
02-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Welcome! That is quite a list but one thing at a time and soon she is running and lookin great.

Marcus-SanDiego
08-19-2011, 06:14 AM
I heard from Sean yesterday. He joined the ZHP Mafia SIG (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?3576-Join-ZHP-Mafia-Special-Interest-Group) (which isn't official yet).

Sean, glad to know you're doing well.

johnrando
08-19-2011, 06:27 AM
Welcome to the (unofficial) SIG Sean!

Marcus-SanDiego
08-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Exactly. We're the unofficial SIG. Nice.

billschusteriv
08-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Cool! Thanks for the update boss. I missed Sean the first time around.

:hi Welcome!

How are those projects coming along?

SoarinZHP
08-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Hi guy! Welcome to the safehouse.

DARXIDE
04-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Dane!
Holy crap it's been over a year! I dunno how I missed the notifications?! I wanted to thank you so much for the great info you took the time to leave on my post! It has been some time and I still have a lot of the list to work on. Mean while, she's getting ready to turn 125k. Just replaced the fuel filter and pump (all cars should be so easy to work on). I went with the Hankooks. Really nice for the price! I will keep asking Santa for some Michelin PS2s :).

While waiting on parts for the ZHP, I got reacquainted with my 84 E30 318i. Little go kart!

You mentioned you "weren't buying" that I need to purchase the sunroof cassette? I'm just kinda wussing out at the prospect of peeling back the headliner etc to get to what I need and then screwing somethin' up.

Anyway, with summer upon us I'll be perusing the site more and getting to know who's who. Thanks to all for welcoming me(last year...sheesh)...

Cheers!

danewilson77
04-13-2012, 05:46 AM
^crack me up.

Sent from SIGFest-2012, USA on HTC via TTv2

johnrando
04-13-2012, 06:16 AM
Welcome back.

Ryans323i
04-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Welcome back! Don't wait another year to come again! :)

DARXIDE
06-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Ok, guys...I'm trying to make it a habit! lol... Screw FB right? I went to Bimmerfest here in Pasadena and won a "coupon" for $500 of some wheels...yay. I don't need wheels, I need a clutch and suspension refresh! Sooo... I talked to the guy from Horsepower Freaks (HPF) and he said he'd "work with me" on a suspension kit. I am looking at the H&R Cup Kit with Sport (not racing) springs. I really don't wanna lower the car much more(already scraping stuff as it is). Anyone heard reviews about this set up? OH, and I'm interested in hearing prices because I just found that same kit on Tirerack for cheaper than I was quoted.