PDA

View Full Version : Refreshed suspension - 82k mile A4

ranger
03-30-2014, 02:59 PM
I just picked up my 2003 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 3.0 from my indie after replacing the suspension. I used Koni FSD shocks/struts, a complete front control arm replacement kit, and the ECS shock/strut installation kit. The Audi Avant has 82000 miles and I was getting squeaks/groans and the indie confirmed I needed suspension work when I had the brakes replaced a couple of months ago.

The new suspension makes a great improvement in this car with 82000 miles. I had often heard that shocks/struts should be replaced after 50 to 60000 miles but I usually put off shock/strut replacement. Really glad I did this maintenance.

We use the Audi Avant as the "battle wagon" - it goes on all the errands, trips to grocery store, Home Depot, gun range, dogs to vet, etc - it has the door dings and scratches to prove it! Plus it is AWD for the Atlanta Snowapocalypses!

Avetiso
03-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Gonna need pics! Did you lower it at all or did you just reuse the stock springs?

ranger
03-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Kept it at stock height with stock springs. We use this as the family truck-minivan-SUV utility hauler. It is pretty quick with the 3.0 VG though.