PDA

View Full Version : Matt's ZHP project, Project Ultimate Grocery Getter

Pages : [1] 2

mbeckel
04-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Hey fellas, today is as good of day as any to start this thread for my zhp project. After all this time of ownership, I have now decided that it's time to build this car into a rocketship. The first item has arrived today, now it's time to get into the project. Starting out on this, I will move along a little slower, the wife and I are planning to buy a house towards the end of the year.

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
04-21-2014, 05:06 PM

BimmerBrakes headers arrived today! Still waiting on the install kit with new hardware and gaskets.

Sent from in the bushes

Avetiso
04-21-2014, 05:50 PM
Nice. This is gonna be good.

johnrando
04-21-2014, 05:55 PM
awesome.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

TigerTater
04-21-2014, 07:39 PM
Nice man. Get you an air ratchet and plenty of diff extensions and flexi elbows or your life will be bad! Also expect most all of the header bolts to come out when you remove the old ones. Which for me was ideal since I replaced all the bolts anyways. And you can just sink the new ones there's plenty of threads once the new headers are on. Also remove the heat shields on the old ones when removing and new ones when reinstalling, makes the job much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JupiterBMW
04-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Very nice. Good luck with the install...

mbeckel
04-22-2014, 02:53 AM
Nice man. Get you an air ratchet and plenty of diff extensions and flexi elbows or your life will be bad! Also expect most all of the header bolts to come out when you remove the old ones. Which for me was ideal since I replaced all the bolts anyways. And you can just sink the new ones there's plenty of threads once the new headers are on. Also remove the heat shields on the old ones when removing and new ones when reinstalling, makes the job much easier.

Yes sir, got all the tools needed and more for this project, I used to be a heavy equipment tech for Caterpillar. Now that I have a desk job, got more tools than I know what to do with!

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
04-22-2014, 04:54 AM
After the headers are installed, the next item up for bids will be the brakes. It's near due for new pads and roters, so going to upgrade both. Been shopping them around between bimmerbrakes and ecstuning.com

Sent from in the bushes

TigerTater
04-22-2014, 07:33 AM
Yes sir, got all the tools needed and more for this project, I used to be a heavy equipment tech for Caterpillar. Now that I have a desk job, got more tools than I know what to do with!

Sent from in the bushes

Lol...I can't imagine the amount of oversized tools you must have. Will likely feel like working on R/c cars with normal sized car tools...

derbo
04-22-2014, 07:44 AM
Oo this looks pretty.

mbeckel
04-22-2014, 07:50 AM
Lol...I can't imagine the amount of oversized tools you must have. Will likely feel like working on R/c cars with normal sized car tools...

Yea it's definitely like that at times, but you'd be surprised if you saw how tight some spaces were in some of cat's machines. As a tech, a diverse set of tools is a must

Sent from in the bushes

johnrando
04-22-2014, 08:35 AM
BTW, I'll move this into the PROJECT subforum when I get the nod from you.

mbeckel
04-22-2014, 09:21 AM
BTW, I'll move this into the PROJECT subforum when I get the nod from you.

Cool beans.

Sent from in the bushes

johnrando
04-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Done, thanks.

mbeckel
04-24-2014, 10:39 AM
Quick update, tear down begins tonight. The mounting hardware and gaskets should be there when I get home! It's time to get it on!

Sent from in the bushes

TigerTater
04-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Quick update, tear down begins tonight. The mounting hardware and gaskets should be there when I get home! It's time to get it on!

Sent from in the bushes

:thumbsup :roundel

mbeckel
04-24-2014, 03:59 PM

Let the games begin!

Sent from in the bushes

Avetiso
04-24-2014, 04:28 PM
Nice. Goodness grief I need jack stands. Can't believe I still have none.

"Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5

mbeckel
04-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Made good progress on the opening night. Got some things that I need to do in the house. Wifey needs me.

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
04-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Tomorrow night I plan to go later into the night

Sent from in the bushes

Santacruzslick
04-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Curious to see how your install goes. I just received the same set of headers yesterday and have them sitting at my shop. Just waiting to get the motivation to tackle this project. I've read conflicting reviews about fitment and am not really excited about possibly having to start cutting and welding...especially on Monday morning after this weekend. haha

mbeckel
04-25-2014, 07:22 PM
Curious to see how your install goes. I just received the same set of headers yesterday and have them sitting at my shop. Just waiting to get the motivation to tackle this project. I've read conflicting reviews about fitment and am not really excited about possibly having to start cutting and welding...especially on Monday morning after this weekend. haha

TigerTater purchased the same set. And his are in, took him 7 hours to complete. I am about 3.5 hours into it and have the stock manifolds ready to come out. The only thing holding me up is removing the o2 sensors. They are being a pain in the arse. I should have this whooped tomorrow. Time for some moonshine now!

Sent from in the bushes

danewilson77
04-25-2014, 07:29 PM
Invest the $20 in a torch from Lowes.

Samsung Galaxy S5...

Santacruzslick
04-25-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm hoping to be able to get mine done in 4-5 hours. Access to a lift and a ton of Snap-On tools should hopefully make things a bit easier. I wish I would've had these when I did my head gasket as it would've given me a hell of a lot better access with the head off. Out of curiosity do both of your headers have a serial number etched into them? My long one does but my short one does not, I found that to be a bit strange as I had read elsewhere that all headers are etched for quality control.

mbeckel
04-26-2014, 02:12 AM
I'm hoping to be able to get mine done in 4-5 hours. Access to a lift and a ton of Snap-On tools should hopefully make things a bit easier. I wish I would've had these when I did my head gasket as it would've given me a hell of a lot better access with the head off. Out of curiosity do both of your headers have a serial number etched into them? My long one does but my short one does not, I found that to be a bit strange as I had read elsewhere that all headers are etched for quality control.

I think that they both do. The lift would be nice. I have over 20k worth of snapon/matco tools tho. But not sure if you can do this job in 4-5 hours.

Sent from in the bushes

TigerTater
04-26-2014, 07:15 AM
I think that they both do. The lift would be nice. I have over 20k worth of snapon/matco tools tho. But not sure if you can do this job in 4-5 hours.

Sent from in the bushes

+1. It's not a matter of access per say but it's a tedious job especially if your going to be changing header bolt studs...it helps to have two ppl one below and one above with an air ratchet to run the bolts in. You have to use two nuts run into each other to act as a jam nut...just time consuming. I'm not sure if mine have serial numbers? Where would they be located? Did you drop the engine mount Matt?

TigerTater
04-26-2014, 07:17 AM
Oh and what are you doing about the secondary air pump? Reinstall or delete? That's why I bought the new wifi obd2 plug to figure out why it's throwing codes!

mbeckel
04-26-2014, 07:25 AM
Oh and what are you doing about the secondary air pump? Reinstall or delete? That's why I bought the new wifi obd2 plug to figure out why it's throwing codes!

Hmm didn't think that far ahead! Lol

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
04-26-2014, 07:25 AM
1 down

Sent from in the bushes

TigerTater
04-26-2014, 07:29 AM
Crazy how large/heavy and restrictive they are!!

mbeckel
04-26-2014, 12:20 PM

Header is in. Waiting for a new o2 sensor to come in before I can continue

Sent from in the bushes

Santacruzslick
04-26-2014, 04:05 PM
The serial numbers are on the side of the output flange...well they are supposed to be anyway but as I said only one of mine has it. Hopefully it's not missing it due to being a reject. :-/

I've done an e36 before that was rusted together pretty damn good in about 8 hours(2 of which were spent mostly swearing, throwing thing, and hitting crap out of frustration) and my E46 has ZERO rust or corrosion on it so I know I won't have to worry about shearing any rusty bolts or stripping nuts out. We shall see though....I'm going to pray for a somewhat cool day next week some time to jump on this. It's been hotter than hell down here in south Florida lately and I can't even imagine how miserable this project will be with sweaty greasy hands and no grip on anything.

mbeckel
04-26-2014, 06:08 PM
The serial numbers are on the side of the output flange...well they are supposed to be anyway but as I said only one of mine has it. Hopefully it's not missing it due to being a reject. :-/

I've done an e36 before that was rusted together pretty damn good in about 8 hours(2 of which were spent mostly swearing, throwing thing, and hitting crap out of frustration) and my E46 has ZERO rust or corrosion on it so I know I won't have to worry about shearing any rusty bolts or stripping nuts out. We shall see though....I'm going to pray for a somewhat cool day next week some time to jump on this. It's been hotter than hell down here in south Florida lately and I can't even imagine how miserable this project will be with sweaty greasy hands and no grip on anything.

I'm in Houston TX. I feel your pain. Best advice, use PB blast, it will be your best friend. And get a propane torch for the removal of the o2 sensors behind the cats

Sent from in the bushes

Santacruzslick
04-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Oh yea....there's a whole case of PB blast down at my buddies shop...and some very powerful torches if need be. haha
I'm going to be leaving the plugs in the secondary O2 sensors and using a sim since they will just throw a code anyway...if the sensors become too much of a pain I'll just take the easy route and hack 'em off. haha

TigerTater
04-27-2014, 07:33 AM

Header is in. Waiting for a new o2 sensor to come in before I can continue

Sent from in the bushes

Damn did you break one? ...I soaked mine with Kroil that stuff works much better than pB blaster IMO ..I'll have to look for serial numbers when I get home and see if I have any...

mbeckel
04-27-2014, 08:06 AM
Damn did you break one? ...I soaked mine with Kroil that stuff works much better than pB blaster IMO ..I'll have to look for serial numbers when I get home and see if I have any...

I purchased new studs

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
04-27-2014, 08:17 AM
Took it out for a shakedown drive. It makes crazy power in the top end. But I have a header leak!!! Ahhh

Sent from in the bushes

TigerTater
04-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Took it out for a shakedown drive. It makes crazy power in the top end. But I have a header leak!!! Ahhh

Sent from in the bushes

You used new oem gaskets I'm sure...let em cool back down and try to re torque them,..hope it clears up for you. How were your lower/mid pipe flanges..mated properly, not off axis?

mbeckel
04-27-2014, 09:45 AM
You used new oem gaskets I'm sure...let em cool back down and try to re torque them,..hope it clears up for you. How were your lower/mid pipe flanges..mated properly, not off axis?

They mated very well. I used oem gaskets.

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
04-27-2014, 06:48 PM
After doing some research, I have decided to go away from the header studs and replace them with flange bolts. Thoughts?

Sent from in the bushes

Avetiso
04-27-2014, 06:56 PM
Probably be easier to manage, but considering this is a one time install, do you think it's worth the trouble?

"Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5

mbeckel
04-28-2014, 04:45 AM
Probably be easier to manage, but considering this is a one time install, do you think it's worth the trouble?

From a threading standpoint, I like the bolts better than the studs. From a strength standpoint the studs are probably stronger. When it comes to installation the bolts are the way to go. And with how much strength is realistically needed, the bolts are a no brainer.

Sent from in the bushes

TigerTater
04-28-2014, 05:56 AM
From a threading standpoint, I like the bolts better than the studs. From a strength standpoint the studs are probably stronger. When it comes to installation the bolts are the way to go. And with how much strength is realistically needed, the bolts are a no brainer.

Sent from in the bushes

You've already put all new studs and nuts on already? If that's the case I wouldn't think it's necessary to un-do all of that work just to switch to bolts? (Plus a huge waste of $$) Unless you think your leak is because of a gap caused by the headers not being tightened enough. In that case I would just retorque them now. Mine tightened down another 2-3 threads after driving 50 miles.

mbeckel
04-28-2014, 05:58 AM
You've already put all new studs and nuts on already? If that's the case I wouldn't think it's necessary to un-do all of that work just to switch to bolts? (Plus a huge waste of $$) Unless you think your leak is because of a gap caused by the headers not being tightened enough. In that case I would just retorque them now. Mine tightened down another 2-3 threads after driving 50 miles.

I'm not sure that I have a leak after re watching your video. It's just THAT much louder

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
04-28-2014, 05:59 AM

Don't get me wrong, I am still going to retorque the nuts after another drive in it

Sent from in the bushes

Fat-Ham
04-28-2014, 06:10 AM
Can you still pass emissions tests with those headers?

TigerTater
04-28-2014, 06:14 AM
Don't get me wrong, I am still going to retorque the nuts after another drive in it

Sent from in the bushes

Yea man, its def got some bite to it after about 3k rmp. If you had a leak you would know it..I had a leak on my old truck when I first installed the headers on it...its like a whispy sound that syncs with the cylinder its near by....theres a sound that the headers make when your cruising or just getting on the gas its sounds similar to pre-detonation or pinging right under the passenger seat. Thats just what headers sound like flowing through the new smooth tubes.

mbeckel
04-28-2014, 06:34 AM
Yea man, its def got some bite to it after about 3k rmp. If you had a leak you would know it..I had a leak on my old truck when I first installed the headers on it...its like a whispy sound that syncs with the cylinder its near by....theres a sound that the headers make when your cruising or just getting on the gas its sounds similar to pre-detonation or pinging right under the passenger seat. Thats just what headers sound like flowing through the new smooth tubes.

You're exactly right. I think I just need to get used to the new sound as well.

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
04-28-2014, 06:42 AM
Can you still pass emissions tests with those headers?

I sure can (wink). In my state, most places only check the ecu for codes. A eurocharged tune will eliminate the codes

Sent from in the bushes

Fat-Ham
04-28-2014, 06:48 AM
Ahh do you how NC does it?

Fat-Ham
04-28-2014, 06:49 AM
Also with how loud they are, could you daily it with ease?

mbeckel
04-28-2014, 08:08 AM
Ahh do you how NC does it?

Not for sure. Texas checks tires, brakes, lights, horn, and ecu

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
04-28-2014, 08:11 AM

I could if I had to, but I have a DD car (honda civic)

Sent from in the bushes

TigerTater
04-28-2014, 08:18 AM

I DD mine. Its not that loud at normal operating RPM's < 3500. Check my build thread I made a video of my setup (headers, stock exhaust). Its a lot of WOT pulls, but some just driving around. I think it sounds very nice just cruising. I was actually considering maybe adding an x pipe and changing out a resonator to get some more sound.

mbeckel
04-28-2014, 08:20 AM
I DD mine. Its not that loud at normal operating RPM's < 3500. Check my build thread I made a video of my setup (headers, stock exhaust). Its a lot of WOT pulls, but some just driving around. I think it sounds very nice just cruising. I was actually considering maybe adding an x pipe and changing out a resonator to get some more sound.

Magnaflow?

Sent from in the bushes

TigerTater
04-28-2014, 08:36 AM
No I think the muffler is fine, I was thinking 2nd resonator replace with 2 AR25's, but that will be down the road...Its fine as it is right now. I ve gotten used to the rasp and enjoy it.

mbeckel
04-28-2014, 08:55 AM
No I think the muffler is fine, I was thinking 2nd resonator replace with 2 AR25's, but that will be down the road...Its fine as it is right now. I ve gotten used to the rasp and enjoy it.

There is definitely a lot of rasp compared to stock.

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
04-28-2014, 09:18 AM

I was meaning magnaflow for the mid section

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
04-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Drove it spirited today, this thing charges hard from 3k to 6500! Should have done these a long time ago. I tend to agree with TigerTater, could gain from a little more sound

Sent from in the bushes

TigerTater
04-29-2014, 09:54 AM
Drove it spirited today, this thing charges hard from 3k to 6500! Should have done these a long time ago. I tend to agree with TigerTater, could gain from a little more sound

Sent from in the bushes

Hah. See. The sound quickly fades as you grow accustom to it! Almost intoxicating

mbeckel
04-29-2014, 10:18 AM
Hah. See. The sound quickly fades as you grow accustom to it! Almost intoxicating

It really is, but I had to do a small adjustment to fix a small leak. The sound is awesome! Could almost be a touch louder

Sent from in the bushes

Avetiso
04-29-2014, 11:02 AM
I wish I could do headers. :(

mbeckel
04-29-2014, 12:06 PM
I wish I could do headers. :(

Why can't you do headers?

Sent from in the bushes

Avetiso
04-29-2014, 12:08 PM
Why can't you do headers?

Sent from in the bushes

Because California. Although I could find someone "friendly" and add Eurocharged to it. Does it leave cats as always ready or just not applicable?

mbeckel
04-29-2014, 12:10 PM
Because California. Although I could find someone "friendly" and add Eurocharged to it. Does it leave cats as always ready or just not applicable?

Turner motorsports makes mid pipes with high flow cats. Possible option, but pricy

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
04-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Project is going to be a little quiet for a bit. Gonna build back some funds

Sent from in the bushes

Santacruzslick
05-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Did mine today in about 4 hours; it really wasn't bad at all. I took the exhaust off completely(extremely helpful when it came time to line the headers up), the washer fluid reservoir, secondary air pump, and also removed the A/C line that runs along that side. Didn't run into any snags at all. I HIGHLY recommend putting the 02 sensors in the pipes before trying to install as once they're in position it's nearly impossible to get to them. I used new OEM gaskets as the ones provided are....well...shit. Overall, not anywhere near as difficult as people make it sound.

mbeckel
05-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Did mine today in about 4 hours; it really wasn't bad at all. I took the exhaust off completely(extremely helpful when it came time to line the headers up), the washer fluid reservoir, secondary air pump, and also removed the A/C line that runs along that side. Didn't run into any snags at all. I HIGHLY recommend putting the 02 sensors in the pipes before trying to install as once they're in position it's nearly impossible to get to them. I used new OEM gaskets as the ones provided are....well...shit. Overall, not anywhere near as difficult as people make it sound.

Nice work! I put the o2 sensors in before sliding them into place. And the oem gaskets were a must buy after seeing the ones with the headers

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
05-03-2014, 04:06 PM

Don't forget to retorque the nuts after 100 miles

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
05-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Update, after about 160 miles, the CEL has just came on. Kinda surprised it took that long.

Sent from in the bushes

Santacruzslick
05-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Yea the gaskets the headers came with were a joke....I just don't trust paper wedged between two sheets of aluminum foil to seal properly. hahaha
I've only put about 20-25 miles on mine since finishing up and no CEL yet on my end either; I'm also surprised by that considering BMW's are usually very quick to throw codes. We had a 335 in the shop on Friday that would throw a ton of codes literally as soon as you hit WOT, just needed a CAS reset and ran smooth as silk...but goes to show how finicky Bimmers can be.

I'm hoping for clearer weather tomorrow so I can go for a nice drive and actually bring the car above 4500 RPM's...was raining all day and then I took a cab to my buddies and back to watch the Mayweather fight. I'm itching to open it up and see how it sounds under load at higher RPM's. Hopefully I get my wish for good weather so I can get some hard miles racked up and re-torque everything when I get to the shop monday morning.

How did your headers line up with your exhaust? My lower flanges were rotated about 10 degrees off from the oem catback flanges, nothing major but enough to require a tire bar and a friend to get the bolts to line up.

Santacruzslick
05-03-2014, 10:12 PM
...also, waiting for the CEL to pop up and then it's time for an Active Autowerke tune and a Simon programmer...and to think I was going to leave this car alone; that ended quickly. Damn mod bug.....it's highly contagious; especially when you spend all day modding other peoples cars.

TigerTater
05-04-2014, 05:02 AM
How did your headers line up with your exhaust? My lower flanges were rotated about 10 degrees off from the oem catback flanges, nothing major but enough to require a tire bar and a friend to get the bolts to line up.

Mine were the same way man..just off axis enough to make it a pain. ...y'all lmk what y'all's codes say. I'm chasing one right now that I can't shake a p0041. Mine were supposed to be tuned out, not sure what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone 13

mbeckel
05-04-2014, 07:23 AM

Mine were off by about the same, when I put the headers onto the head I didn't tighten them down completely, gave myself wiggle room to line up the midpipes. Following by torquing everything down.

Sent from in the bushes

TigerTater
05-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Not sure if your trying to sell your manifolds but I have a guy on fanatics that wants a pair. Two ppl ended up offering to buy the same day for me and I had to turn one down. I can give u his info if your interested!

Sent from my iPhone 13

mbeckel
05-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Not sure if your trying to sell your manifolds but I have a guy on fanatics that wants a pair. Two ppl ended up offering to buy the same day for me and I had to turn one down. I can give u his info if your interested!

Sent from my iPhone 13

Thanks buddy, but my rear isn't in good shape after I cut it to try and retrieve the rear o2 sensor. The front is good still, rear is cut by a cutting wheel at the bung

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
05-12-2014, 05:36 PM

Sent from my iPhone 13

I'd still sell if they want them though

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
05-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Up next for the zhp will be strut bar and new roundels (current front is chipped). Following all that will be brakes and before anyone says anything, yes I have contacted Ray. I'm going with his set, cross drilled and slotted rotors with hawk pads

Sent from in the bushes

Avetiso
05-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Ray.

Just felt like saying that.

Deal with it. :rofl

mbeckel
05-13-2014, 07:02 AM
Ray.

Just felt like saying that.

Deal with it. :rofl

Lmao shoulda seen that coming!

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
05-20-2014, 02:57 PM

Got a little box of parts today lil new bling for the car.

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
05-20-2014, 02:58 PM

Installed

Before

After

Took 20 min tops. But what a difference.

Sent from in the bushes

danewilson77
05-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Nice job.

The friendliest forum on the planet.

derbo
05-20-2014, 03:42 PM
I hope that 20minutes was both items installed! :D

mbeckel
05-20-2014, 03:58 PM
I hope that 20minutes was both items installed! :D

For sure. And that was probably over estimated

Sent from in the bushes

Avetiso
05-20-2014, 04:13 PM
Strut bar looks wicked cool.

mbeckel
05-20-2014, 04:15 PM
Strut bar looks wicked cool.

Thanks buddy. Well worth the 169.95

Sent from in the bushes

Pip
05-20-2014, 04:34 PM
I vote you get the grocery bag holders in the trunk if the title remains ultimate grocery getter :thumbsup

mbeckel
05-20-2014, 05:06 PM
I vote you get the grocery bag holders in the trunk if the title remains ultimate grocery getter :thumbsup

I'll keep that in mind. Lol

Sent from in the bushes

johnrando
05-20-2014, 10:42 PM
Much btr! :thumbsup

mbeckel
05-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Much btr! :thumbsup

Thanks buddy. Little work went a long way.

Sent from in the bushes

spoonerDee
05-23-2014, 06:40 AM
No video of the exhaust, or did I miss that?

mbeckel
05-23-2014, 09:44 AM
No video of the exhaust, or did I miss that?

Not yet buddy. Been either too busy (lazy) to bust out my laptop and upload it

Sent from in the bushes

spoonerDee
05-24-2014, 04:55 AM
Well stop this laziness. I want sounds!

mbeckel
05-24-2014, 07:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Pc5MPHLaK2w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WWEn1a9pgxo

Videos as promised!

spoonerDee
05-27-2014, 03:13 AM
Sounds good. A little too raspy for my taste (maybe it's the camera) but still nice. Fix your check engine lights brah! :shifty

mbeckel
05-27-2014, 04:41 AM
Sounds good. A little too raspy for my taste (maybe it's the camera) but still nice. Fix your check engine lights brah! :shifty

It's gonna have a date with eurocharged here in Houston sometime this summer

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
05-28-2014, 02:32 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/29/a7e7yvyp.jpg

Huge update today! I just added 30hp! 2 stickers at 15hp a piece. Time to rep the family

Sent from in the bushes

gmurphy
05-28-2014, 03:20 PM
Sweet

johnrando
05-30-2014, 08:34 AM
Very nice.

mbeckel
06-06-2014, 06:05 AM
Been a while since I've updated y'all on my project. Finally have something to update. Ordered new brakes from our buddy Ray. Got cross drilled and slotted rotors, hawk pads, and sensors. Thanks Ray!

Sent from in the bushes

Pip
06-06-2014, 06:21 AM
Gunna look great and stop well!

mbeckel
06-07-2014, 11:42 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/08/uqe3any4.jpg

Did I say it's a grocery getter?

Sent from in the bushes

gmurphy
06-07-2014, 12:22 PM

Sent from in the bushes

Trader Joe's is the best

Avetiso
06-07-2014, 12:22 PM

Sent from in the bushes

Functional! I like it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

mbeckel
06-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Trader Joe's is the best

Yes sir! It's pretty awesome!

Functional! I like it.

Thought I'd prove the name of the project! :thumbsup

Sent from in the bushes

TigerTater
06-07-2014, 07:28 PM
Recycle ...recyclable lol. West coast mantra

Sent from my iPhone 13

mbeckel
06-11-2014, 03:31 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/12/py6azudy.jpg

Update. Brakes are here! Big props to Ray aka Smilez, he's da man!

Sent from in the bushes

Smilez
06-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Fail boat. Shippers packed the wrong rear goodies :rofl.

mbeckel
06-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Fail boat. Shippers packed the wrong rear goodies :rofl.
it happens my man. No worries, just gotta wait a bit longer (tapping foot) lol

Sent from in the bushes

danewilson77
06-11-2014, 05:43 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/12/py6azudy.jpg

Update. Brakes are here! Big props to Ray aka Smilez, he's da man!

Sent from in the bushes

That's what we've been saying all along....

mbeckel
06-19-2014, 04:55 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/20/re7y2e9e.jpg

Ray sent the wrong rear rotors (black ones) now got the correct ones.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/20/ha6yma4a.jpg

Side by side comparison

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/20/y8u8y8yh.jpg

Before

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/20/u5ubasun.jpg

And the after! Looks pretty. Once completed, I'll find out if they bite as well as they bark!

Big shout out to Ray! I can't begin to thank you sir, these look incredible!

Sent from in the bushes

QC_ZHP
06-19-2014, 05:12 PM
Damn those look great. Mine will be here tomorrow and I'm pumped.

mbeckel
06-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Damn those look great. Mine will be here tomorrow and I'm pumped.
Getting the old rotors off is about the hardest part of the job. Pretty straight forward to do, shoot me a pm if you need help

Sent from in the bushes

TigerTater
06-20-2014, 04:03 AM
Now you can be sure to stop and not hit the grandmaws at the grocery store :roundel

Sent from my iPhone 13

mbeckel
06-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Now you can be sure to stop and not hit the grandmaws at the grocery store :roundel

Sent from my iPhone 13
I may dump all the groceries all over the car, but grandmaw is safe :thumbsup

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
06-21-2014, 11:47 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/22/uhuqybet.jpg

Ding! Brakes are done!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/22/rege8ade.jpg

Wheels are nasty and the brakes haven't been broken in just yet, but there she be!

Sent from in the bushes

Avetiso
06-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Nice. Gonna be getting rotors from him soon, as well, for my sister's E90.

mbeckel
06-21-2014, 04:57 PM
After break in, tested 60-0 and I was very impressed with the performance of the rotor and pad upgrade! Very pleased

Sent from in the bushes

mbeckel
06-29-2014, 02:50 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/30/5ehyvuvu.jpg

Long overdue. Tip looks better in black

Avetiso
06-29-2014, 02:58 PM
:thumbsup Looking good, man. Love your car.

mbeckel
06-29-2014, 05:42 PM
:thumbsup Looking good, man. Love your car.
Thanks buddy! You're more than welcome to purchase it if your ///M hunt goes sour

mbeckel
07-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Bad news, my project may be put on hold for a bit, I injured my back (again) Sunday while cleaning my car. It was a previous injury from before my last surgery. I had an artificial disc put in my L5 location, at that time my L4 was injured as well and chose not to get it worked on. I think it finally went out Sunday :( I'll be sure to keep y'all updated, MRI coming up Monday

Avetiso
07-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Bad news, my project may be put on hold for a bit, I injured my back (again) Sunday while cleaning my car. It was a previous injury from before my last surgery. I had an artificial disc put in my L5 location, at that time my L4 was injured as well and chose not to get it worked on. I think it finally went out Sunday :( I'll be sure to keep y'all updated, MRI coming up Monday
Shit, Matt. So sorry to hear. Back problems are the worst. I had to go through 8 months of work on mine before I even turned 19.

Keep us posted, good luck, and try to take it easy.

mbeckel
07-03-2014, 06:05 PM
Shit, Matt. So sorry to hear. Back problems are the worst. I had to go through 8 months of work on mine before I even turned 19.

Keep us posted, good luck, and try to take it easy.
I'm medicated currently and been working from home this week. The MRI will point the direction I will need to go next. But this is the 3rd time on my spine. MMA is a big contribution to why I'm in this situation. Hopefully I won't née surgery again, but regardless of what I need, I want it fixed

Smilez
07-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Hope you get well soon.

danewilson77
07-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Speedy recovery Matt!

mbeckel
07-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Thanks fellas. Let's hope it's nothing serious

TigerTater
07-04-2014, 04:42 AM
Dang man sorry to hear about that. Quick question..,,of the codes you have currently from headers being installed is any of them p0041?

Sent from my iPhone 13

ELCID86
07-04-2014, 05:07 AM
Really sorry to hear that. I've suffered on and off for years. Hope it's nothing major. Do keep us posted.

Tapatalk on iPad

gmurphy
07-04-2014, 05:19 AM
I hope you can get back into action soon!
*Bad Pun... But really get well

fredo
07-04-2014, 06:00 AM
Sorry to hear the news, man. Take care.

Avetiso
07-04-2014, 06:59 AM
I hope you can get back into action soon!
*Bad Pun... But really get well

:rofl that was low... But funny.

mbeckel
07-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Thank you fellas for the support! Monday at 4:30 central time I have a MRI scheduled. I have a hunch that it's my L4 disc.

And to answer your question tiger, I am getting codes for running rich on my ecu

johnrando
07-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Bummer. Heal well!

mbeckel
07-19-2014, 08:13 AM
Sorry fellas. Been a while since I've checked in with y'all, but the update on my injury is good. Had an epidural injection on Thursday afternoon and as of today seems to be doing well! Currently at about 70-75% which is a great improvement. Maybe I can finally get to the work my other desperately needs.

mbeckel
07-19-2014, 08:15 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/20/atymypy9.jpg

Snapped a pic of the brakes behind a cleaner wheel. The new brakes have been beast like. Much thanks to Ray

Smilez
07-19-2014, 11:45 AM
So much eye candy right there

mbeckel
08-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Had another injection this afternoon, still numb from the local anastasia, but optimistic that this will work this time. Keep y'all updated as I go.

ELCID86
08-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Had another injection this afternoon, still numb from the local anastasia, but optimistic that this will work this time. Keep y'all updated as I go.

I hope so too Matt.

mbeckel
08-07-2014, 06:02 PM
I hope so too Matt.
Thanks brother, got physical therapy going on as well. Doing everything I can to beat this issue. I'm dying to get back to work on my zhp

rguti153
08-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Get better matt !!! Need to get a meet going

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

johnrando
08-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Glad you're getting better!

mbeckel
08-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Get better matt !!! Need to get a meet going

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
We sure do. Maybe early fall.

Glad you're getting better!
Thanks buddy. Today is good, hopefully this injection will get me where I need to go. Now need to work hard in physical therapy. Plus got an inversion table as well, it helps

ELCID86
08-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Was this facet or disc injections? A block, etc?

mbeckel
08-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Was this facet or disc injections? A block, etc?
Cortal epidural steroid injection. I have 2 herniated discs, also missing the cartilage in those 2 discs

ELCID86
08-09-2014, 04:15 AM
Cortal epidural steroid injection. I have 2 herniated discs, also missing the cartilage in those 2 discs

I feel ya. My back is a lot better than it used to be. I went through facet injections in the upper and also had disc and facet injections in the lower. I tried prolotherapy as well. I think by far the most painful part was the discogram dye injection--WOW that was bad. I think the prolo, prayer and yoga/strengthening of my core have finally helped. Hang in there and keep up the PT.

mbeckel
08-19-2014, 03:51 PM
Long time since my last update. Almost finished with my last week of physical therapy! Last appointment with my specialist is the 26th. I'm going to be back at large!

mbeckel
08-19-2014, 03:53 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/19/52426cacbb49dafeed1ef6fbd626b6b8.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/19/06006c4d21f89945601bd6aaf3dc72f1.jpg

As you may have seen from Matt's thread (PirateZHP) I purchased these. Can't wait for them to arrive so I can install. Pics courtesy of PirateZHP.

cakM3
08-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Those smoked lenses will look good on your ZHP Matt :thumbsup Can't wait to see pics!

You'll need to smoke your side markers though...;)

mbeckel
08-20-2014, 05:40 PM
Those smoked lenses will look good on your ZHP Matt :thumbsup Can't wait to see pics!

You'll need to smoke your side markers though...;)
In the plans

cakM3
08-20-2014, 06:09 PM
In the plans

Going to look awesome Matt!

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

mbeckel
08-20-2014, 06:14 PM
Going to look awesome Matt!

Thanks brother. Y'all have inspired me to update the looks of my car a bit. Next cosmetic item will be a chin spoiler. Ray showed me his, I think it'll look good. Do you have any trouble with yours (clearance?

cakM3
08-20-2014, 06:49 PM
Thanks brother. Y'all have inspired me to update the looks of my car a bit. Next cosmetic item will be a chin spoiler. Ray showed me his, I think it'll look good. Do you have any trouble with yours (clearance?

Since my ZHP is really lowered, yes. My carbon fiber Arqray lip took a serious beating last winter but I love this style lip. I will go one more winter before discarding this lip for a new carbon fiber Arqray lip next season....

Even in frp, this lip will change the look of your ZHP for the better in my opinion but I'm more for a full lip look over the splitter look.

I think if you're close to stock ride height, you should be okay on the most part :thumbsup

mbeckel
08-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Since my ZHP is really lowered, yes. My carbon fiber Arqray lip took a serious beating last winter but I love this style lip. I will go one more winter before discarding this lip for a new carbon fiber Arqray lip next season....

Even in frp, this lip will change the look of your ZHP for the better in my opinion but I'm more for a full lip look over the splitter look.

I think if you're close to stock ride height, you should be okay on the most part :thumbsup

Cool beans man. I'm getting this in a couple weeks. Should look good. My plan is to upgrade my suspension to coilovers.

cakM3
08-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Cool beans man. I'm getting this in a couple weeks. Should look good. My plan is to upgrade my suspension to coilovers.

I recommend BC Racing coilovers if you're mostly doing street driving with your ZHP Matt. I've been running on them on my ///M for 3 years before getting a set for my ZHP last year. They perform great for spirited driving as well... for the money, you can't beat them :thumbsup

They handle the New England pot hole ridden roads very well...

mbeckel
08-20-2014, 06:58 PM
I recommend BC Racing coilovers if you're mostly doing street driving with your ZHP Matt. I've been running on them on my ///M for 3 years before getting a set for my ZHP last year. They perform great for spirited driving as well... for the money, you can't beat them :thumbsup

They handle the New England pot hole ridden roads very well...

Is the ride height adjustable? How's the ride quality?

cakM3
08-20-2014, 07:06 PM
Is the ride height adjustable? How's the ride quality?

Adjustability is awesome. I got the perfect ride height with these coilovers and the ride quality is superb. Now that I have these coilovers installed in my ZHP, I tend to favor my ZHP for daily commuting to and from work on a daily basis.

So much somthat sometimes I have to "relearn" how to drive my ///M.

Here's a few pics of my ZHP with BC Racing coilovers installed...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/21/puju3a6e.jpg

Didn't change my ride height and parked my ZHP at a BMW CCA lawn event this year...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/21/pazaneza.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/21/9aze7yse.jpg

Some tell me it's too low but I like it just the way it is. These coilovers can be adjusted to stock height as well :thumbsup They also come with adjustable camber plates :)

mbeckel
08-21-2014, 02:53 AM
Adjustability is awesome. I got the perfect ride height with these coilovers and the ride quality is superb. Now that I have these coilovers installed in my ZHP, I tend to favor my ZHP for daily commuting to and from work on a daily basis.

So much somthat sometimes I have to "relearn" how to drive my ///M.

Here's a few pics of my ZHP with BC Racing coilovers installed...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/21/puju3a6e.jpg

Didn't change my ride height and parked my ZHP at a BMW CCA lawn event this year...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/21/pazaneza.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/21/9aze7yse.jpg

Some tell me it's too low but I like it just the way it is. These coilovers can be adjusted to stock height as well :thumbsup They also come with adjustable camber plates :)

I really like how that looks! :thumbsup

cakM3
08-21-2014, 04:39 AM
I really like how that looks! :thumbsup

BC Racing coilovers Matt :thumbsup all for under $1k shipped to your dooor.....;)

mbeckel
08-21-2014, 04:42 AM
BC Racing coilovers Matt :thumbsup all for under $1k shipped to your dooor.....;)
That is for sure in the future. My plan for this car is something I can play with on the street and on open track days. It's not there yet. It also "needs" a supercharger!

cakM3
08-21-2014, 05:13 AM
That is for sure in the future. My plan for this car is something I can play with on the street and on open track days. It's not there yet. It also "needs" a supercharger!

Yeah, I'm in the same exact mindset for my ZHP....all I need now are 135i rear calipers and new stainless steel brake lines and the next performance mod will be a TS2+ for my ZHP :thumbsup

mbeckel
08-21-2014, 05:15 AM
Yeah, I'm in the same exact mindset for my ZHP....all I need now are 135i rear calipers and new stainless steel brake lines and the next performance mod will be a TS2+ for my ZHP :thumbsup
Exhaust is high on my list, I'm going magnaflow, mainly because of the headers

cakM3
08-21-2014, 05:37 AM
Exhaust is high on my list, I'm going magnaflow, mainly because of the headers

Yep! :thumbsup I have done CAI (Gruppe M) and exhaust (UUC Corsa TSE3), 3.46 LSD, BC Racing coilovers, RTABs, FCABs, BMW Performance BBK, UUC EVO 3 w DSSR (very soon), Sprint Booster w/ Sport Button mod, Shark Injector.....the list goes on and on.... to a point where all that's left is the rear caliper mod and boost...car should be even more fun to drive as a daily then ;)

mbeckel
08-21-2014, 05:40 AM
Yep! :thumbsup I have done CAI (Gruppe M) and exhaust (UUC Corsa TSE3), 3.46 LSD, BC Racing coilovers, RTABs, FCABs, BMW Performance BBK, UUC EVO 3 w DSSR (very soon), Sprint Booster w/ Sport Button mod, Shark Injector.....the list goes on and on.... to a point where all that's left is the rear caliper mod and boost...car should be even more fun to drive as a daily then ;)
I want the 3.46 or 3.64 LSD. Coilovers, sway bars, and rear strut bar. I'm also going to need to upgrade clutch/flywheel as well for the major power gain.

cakM3
08-21-2014, 05:50 AM
I want the 3.46 or 3.64 LSD. Coilovers, sway bars, and rear strut bar. I'm also going to need to upgrade clutch/flywheel as well for the major power gain.

Good points Matt....yeah, a new clutch to handle the TS2+ and sway bars will be needed when I complete my ZHP :thumbsup I forgot about the sway bars and updated clutch :)

mbeckel
08-21-2014, 05:51 AM
Good points Matt....yeah, a new clutch to handle the TS2+ and sway bars will be needed when I complete my ZHP :thumbsup I forgot about the sway bars and updated clutch :)
Glad I can help spend your money for you :thumbsup ;)

cakM3
08-21-2014, 06:26 AM
:)

The adjustable camber plates on my ZHP

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/22/aha5y9yn.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/22/tupu5aty.jpg

mbeckel
08-22-2014, 02:27 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/22/a314c76965b60ecfd29cb433ad7f97e8.jpg

Before spacers

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/22/6d3a395c2a3a6543d9a38318d9d48b49.jpg

After spacers

mbeckel
08-22-2014, 06:52 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/22/3e68b6fd4d93609c7013c2a7ad343cc0.jpg

Did some painting on my clears tonight to match all the other blacked out lights

rguti153
08-22-2014, 08:38 PM
I see nice matt

mbeckel
08-22-2014, 08:44 PM
Epic fail of the night: damaged my passenger side light. And put a slight scratch on the fender (fixable) going to check with the local dealer in the morning. Luckily I'm a CCA member

mbeckel
08-23-2014, 11:59 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/23/bd16c73cc9d2321adf54e99bf31199ef.jpg

They're almost too pretty to mount!

PirateZHP
08-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Looks good, Matt!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

mbeckel
08-23-2014, 12:22 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/23/b14d38729363c8b3de11dad628c79798.jpg

All done!

PirateZHP
08-23-2014, 01:38 PM
Looks better than it did on mine.

cakM3
08-23-2014, 01:44 PM
Looks better than it did on mine.

Everything looks better on Imola Matt! ;)

PirateZHP
08-23-2014, 01:44 PM
Everything looks better on Imola Matt! ;)

Ouch...

mbeckel
08-23-2014, 02:06 PM
Ouch...

But soo true. :thumpsup

mbeckel
08-23-2014, 06:14 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/23/55f1f5fcd2227c909e56da5915174812.jpg

My steering wheel is too damn dirty. Time to clean it.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/23/d09b119d8f8b48ae7ac985c9079ee200.jpg

After going over it with a damp warm small towel

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/23/a42e5c303ea81fdca23bf4629774fe6d.jpg

After hitting it with the Mr Clean Magic Eraser. Still wet, but already looks better.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/23/4592a652f93c3651aac427c3c3e48b0e.jpg

One side of the eraser

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/23/95420ae71b509f591ca5e47c2b518a52.jpg

The other side

Thanks to everyone on the forum for the posting on how to do this job! Today has been a productive day for me and my car!

cakM3
08-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Yes...... steering wheel dirty :p

mbeckel
08-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Yes...... steering wheel dirty :p
Holy hell it was! Luckily it was mostly from me. My car is 2 owner, I can't imagine how much other stuff is on a 3 and 4 owner car. :shifty

cakM3
08-23-2014, 06:56 PM
Holy hell it was! Luckily it was mostly from me. My car is 2 owner, I can't imagine how much other stuff is on a 3 and 4 owner car. :shifty

When your wheel dries, get a soft brush and go over the alcantara lightly. It will bring it back close to when it was brand new. That's what I do with my Coby wheel after cleaning it :)

mbeckel
08-23-2014, 06:59 PM
When your wheel dries, get a soft brush and go over the alcantara lightly. It will bring it back close to when it was brand new. That's what I do with my Coby wheel after cleaning it :)
Excellent, I'll be sure to do that. Should be dry in the morning

cakM3
08-23-2014, 07:00 PM
:)

Avetiso
08-23-2014, 07:31 PM
I'd wrap it. Soooo worth it. The feeling is just ridiculous.

mbeckel
08-25-2014, 07:30 AM
I'd wrap it. Soooo worth it. The feeling is just ridiculous.
It's in the plans. Just not as high of priority as other things.

mbeckel
08-25-2014, 07:31 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/25/77b99495e516cadc0ca074bb3f0fcf94.jpg

Had a rocket booster activated! Only one though.

danewilson77
08-25-2014, 10:47 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/25/77b99495e516cadc0ca074bb3f0fcf94.jpg

Had a rocket booster activated! Only one though.

Constantly turning left. Winston Cup contender perhaps?

mbeckel
08-25-2014, 10:56 AM
Constantly turning left. Winston Cup contender perhaps?

Oh no! Y'all are on to me!

mbeckel
08-25-2014, 02:32 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/25/2bbc1e09ad8985733dd4be62481377fb.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/25/4cbbc7fcbb073f7b8b580c655d42b7c2.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/25/aec87f04cc27758b6b0afd554e7523b8.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/25/8a14d2c878cc6307100c50b726665c2e.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/25/0ba251214e28990abc193388ef77ee38.jpg

After upgrading my lights and installing the spacers. It's dirty currently. Plan to detail it this weekend. Just not on Saturday, I'll be at NRG (Reliant) Stadium for LSU vs Wisconsin! Geaux Tigers!

cakM3
08-25-2014, 02:35 PM
Needs to be lower Matt :)

mbeckel
08-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Needs to be lower Matt :)
Much lower

QC_ZHP
08-25-2014, 02:53 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b329/xfourevertruex/NOWHEELGAP.jpg

Car is coming along nicely though man :thumbup

cakM3
08-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Much lower

BC Racing coilovers my friend! :thumbsup

mbeckel
08-25-2014, 03:48 PM
BC Racing coilovers my friend! :thumbsup
That is the plan

mbeckel
09-11-2014, 02:37 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/11/60f1019bbdab39dcdc7e609177f24ba1.jpg

Breaking news! I'm super excited to share! I'm gonna be a father!

ELCID86
09-11-2014, 04:54 PM
Wow. Congrats!

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

danewilson77
09-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Wow. Congrats!

+1

The friendliest forum on the planet!

mbeckel
09-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Thanks fellas! The house hunt is on big time. But we're super excited for our blessing

TigerTater
09-12-2014, 05:50 AM
Congratulations Matt! Looks like those supercharged dreams will have to wait! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone 13

mbeckel
09-12-2014, 06:01 AM
Congratulations Matt! Looks like those supercharged dreams will have to wait! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone 13
Sadly, yes. But it will happen. Gotta have faith

mbeckel
09-22-2014, 06:40 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/22/31557c30bb69f2be71e690cb7455d8b2.jpg

Found a purpose to my build! Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

TigerTater
09-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Pikes peak??

mbeckel
09-25-2014, 04:26 PM
Pikes peak??
You betcha! I must race this!

mbeckel
09-28-2014, 07:55 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/28/4c275aebe4ec69a27c03c1101ef4b9d2.jpg

Forget the Supercharger. I want this instead!

ELCID86
09-28-2014, 08:04 AM
Wow. Who was it looking for turbo options a week or so back?

mbeckel
09-28-2014, 08:06 AM
Wow. Who was it looking for turbo options a week or so back?

I'm not sure. This is the stage 1 kit. Stage 2 makes 375hp at the wheels on a non zhp!

mbeckel
09-28-2014, 08:14 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/28/bb6e53c733cdd9ca3176663f9be0ed64.jpg

Here's what the stage 1 kit made on the zhp. 326 rwhp!

Vas
09-28-2014, 09:14 AM
Wonder what kind of engine management system it is using.

mbeckel
09-28-2014, 09:15 AM
Wonder what kind of engine management system it is using.
Good question, I'll need to dig deeper into this kit

TigerTater
09-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Did you watch fast n loud tonight...pikes peak edition!!

mbeckel
09-29-2014, 04:40 PM
Did you watch fast n loud tonight...pikes peak edition!!
Saw it last week! That's what inspired me to run it

TigerTater
09-30-2014, 01:58 AM
Saw it last week! That's what inspired me to run it

Gotcha man. Def an intimidating course, but also a very cool one!

mbeckel
09-30-2014, 04:28 AM
Gotcha man. Def an intimidating course, but also a very cool one!
It's for sure a course that you don't want to make a mistake, it just seems like something that I would love to race.

mbeckel
10-03-2014, 08:07 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/03/4b0fa5f873ecc2ffec43f29e39506a91.jpg

Went out for dinner with my wife and stopped at the parts store on the way home. When leaving the parts store parking lot, I curbed the passenger side rear wheel! Not damaged too bad, it's scarred a bit. I'm getting aggressive about needing new wheels now. Here's what I want for my car! Go ahead and ridicule for wanting black

johnrando
10-06-2014, 10:39 AM
No ridicule here, to each his own.

danewilson77
10-06-2014, 11:04 AM
+1

No flame suit required!

mbeckel
10-06-2014, 11:05 AM

+1

No flame suit required!
Appreciate it fellas. Luckily my wheel isn't trashed or bent. It'll work for now until I can afford new wheels. But I fell in love with those VMR wheels

Sockethead
10-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Kpro has them on her 135 in silver. They've held up great so far here in South Jersey...

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp325/r_powell123/IMG_1705_zps8f28c192.jpg

mbeckel
10-06-2014, 04:52 PM
Kpro has them on her 135 in silver. They've held up great so far here in South Jersey...

Those look really good on there!

Sockethead
10-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Thanks. They do a nice job of giving it the deep disk look considering that the offset is so much different than the e46. I had to use 12mm spacers in the front and 10mm in the back to get her old Breytons to fit my car. They should look really good on your car with say, a 35mm offset...

mbeckel
10-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Thanks. They do a nice job of giving it the deep disk look considering that the offset is so much different than the e46. I had to use 12mm spacers in the front and 10mm in the back to get her old Breytons to fit my car. They should look really good on your car with say, a 35mm offset...
I shouldn't need spacers with them either. Currently using them with my CSL replica's

Sockethead
10-06-2014, 05:10 PM
maybe this will help when the time comes...
I have CSL replicas on my car now... 8" front 9" rear... 35mm offset all around. I get a slight rub in the back with rolled fenders and H&R sport springs and the front could use a few less mm offset if I wanted it more aggressive...

mbeckel
10-06-2014, 05:13 PM
maybe this will help when the time comes...
I have CSL replicas on my car now... 8" front 9" rear... 35mm offset all around. I get a slight rub in the back with rolled fenders and H&R sport springs and the front could use a few less mm offset if I wanted it more aggressive...
My CSL's are same widths, but I think mine are a smaller offset. Currently sitting on stock suspension (for now, going with BC Coilovers) with 15mm spacers on front and 5mm rear.

Sockethead
10-06-2014, 05:17 PM
I like not having spacers anymore...

mbeckel
10-06-2014, 05:18 PM
I like not having spacers anymore...
I'm looking forward to not needing them for an aggressive looking stance. Considering selling them

danewilson77
10-06-2014, 05:24 PM

Mmmmm

No flame suit required!

mbeckel
10-13-2014, 02:00 PM
Not so good update today. I went back to the spine doctor's office, and I'm getting another injection to hold me off until mid November, then I'm getting operated on in November.. It's a bit unnerving right now

danewilson77
10-13-2014, 05:07 PM
Not so good update today. I went back to the spine doctor's office, and I'm getting another injection to hold me off until mid November, then I'm getting operated on in November.. It's a bit unnerving right now
Sorry to hear. Stay strong.

No flame suit required!

mbeckel
10-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Sorry to hear. Stay strong.

No flame suit required!
Thanks boss. It's not as scary as it sounds. It's basically a routine procedure, cut me open and clean up the discs (L3 and L5). Surgery always brings a scare.

danewilson77
10-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Right. I'll be thinking of you.

No flame suit required!

cakM3
10-13-2014, 05:29 PM
Damn Matt....just read thru your thread. Hope things will get better for you!

mbeckel
10-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Damn Matt....just read thru your thread. Hope things will get better for you!
Thanks buddy. I would have opted for surgery earlier, if it wasn't for my good friend's wedding in early November. A week from Thursday I'll get another injection. Just gotta stay positive

cakM3
10-13-2014, 06:07 PM
Thanks buddy. I would have opted for surgery earlier, if it wasn't for my good friend's wedding in early November. A week from Thursday I'll get another injection. Just gotta stay positive

Attitude is everything Matt...and if you need additional moral support you know we are all here to help :thumbsup :biggrin

TigerTater
10-14-2014, 05:02 AM
Are you getting ESI's done?

mbeckel
10-14-2014, 05:19 AM
Are you getting ESI's done?
ESI?

TigerTater
10-14-2014, 05:41 AM
Epidural steroid injections...I'm assuming that's what you get...how long does a single dose last for you ?

mbeckel
10-14-2014, 05:44 AM
Epidural steroid injections...I'm assuming that's what you get...how long does a single dose last for you ?
I have my 3rd coming up a week from Thursday (10-26). It doesn't make a big difference, the somewhat relief it provides lasts me roughly a couple weeks. My situation is becoming worse at a rapid pace, and I just need the injection to provide enough relief so I can travel to Omaha for my friend's wedding.

johnrando
10-14-2014, 06:17 AM
Sorry to hear. Hang in there.

mbeckel
10-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Sorry to hear. Hang in there.
Thanks buddy. I'm really trying to do so. It's getting more difficult everyday

mbeckel
10-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Small update today, I got some race studs for my wheels. Bye bye wheel bolts! Thanks again Ray. I also posted a DIY incase anyone else wants this on their car as well.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/22/2cce54b5af904b9238552cbf112b9f53.jpg

Before

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/22/54930aabebb6bea1c8d9145d3dfc239f.jpg

After

Smilez
10-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Definitely nice having studs over bolts.

mbeckel
10-22-2014, 04:43 PM
Definitely nice having studs over bolts.
No doubt

mbeckel
11-04-2014, 07:13 AM
In a week, I go back to the doctor to schedule my upcoming surgery. It's a bit unnerving, but it will be better on the other side when the dust settles. I'll let y'all know for sure when the operation will be after the appointment

johnrando
11-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mbeckel
11-04-2014, 07:18 PM
God luck!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thanks Rando. I'll have more information in a week. For now, just need to survive an upcoming wedding trip to Omaha. Leaving after work tomorrow. Total it's 14 hours

mbeckel
11-12-2014, 08:16 AM
Just when I thought I didn't have enough tests on my back, now I'm having a myelogram done on Tuesday the 18th. Surgery coming after the myelogram

Avetiso
11-12-2014, 08:30 AM
Hope it helps, Matt. Sorry to see you going thru this.

mbeckel
11-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Hope it helps, Matt. Sorry to see you going thru this.
Thanks buddy. I'm just trying to stay positive through this, this forum helps! Truly the friendliest forum on the planet