PDA

View Full Version : Unicorn, Yeti, Sasquatch, Nessie

Au1994
05-03-2014, 03:57 PM
http://www.unitedbmw.com/detail-2013-bmw-5_series-550i-used-11777987.html

Listed as 8spd manual but of course it's a 6spd. Still can't be too many 550i's out there with 3 pedals

RITmusic2k
05-06-2014, 07:48 AM
...wow. She's gorgeous.

slater
05-06-2014, 08:01 AM
is it just me, or do these new cars just look cheap inside?

peter

derbo
05-06-2014, 08:24 AM
I know of one here in my area. He is runs Hamann America here.

RITmusic2k
05-07-2014, 08:11 AM
is it just me, or do these new cars just look cheap inside?
peter

On the dashboard I do agree that there seems to be more hard plastic and fewer soft-touch surfaces, though everywhere else around the interior I think build quality is actually up from previous generations. Looking at the door panels, for example, there's more... artistry, I guess... in the way it's designed. And the leather looks to be quite nice.

az3579
05-07-2014, 09:08 AM
On the dashboard I do agree that there seems to be more hard plastic and fewer soft-touch surfaces, though everywhere else around the interior I think build quality is actually up from previous generations. Looking at the door panels, for example, there's more... artistry, I guess... in the way it's designed. And the leather looks to be quite nice.

I'm of the belief that if you can make a soft-touch surface a harder plastic (which is more durable) yet still not look out of place in the interior, then that's a big win. Soft touch surfaces wear more easily and ultimately end up looking like crap (like our cupholders and center consoles, for example). There are lots of plastics in the interior that almost look like a grained leather, and I don't think they look bad at all.