PDA

View Full Version : Putting tie rods on

bshovers
05-05-2014, 06:14 AM
Hey everyone my new tie rods are gonna be here today according to ups tracking. I'm not much of a mechanic and haven't done a job like this before. Was just wondering if anyone has any tips to make the job smooth or what I should look out for. I'm going off a YouTube video that makes it look easier than I'm sure it is. I'm going to be buying a tie rod puller instead of a pickle fork. Any other tools that might make the job easier? Thanks everyone I greatly appreciate the insight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smilez
05-05-2014, 06:37 AM
Just make sure you measure the length before you remove and install. If you don't put them exact you will have alignment issues. I do suggest an alignment after the install, but thats just me.

bshovers
05-05-2014, 06:59 AM
Just make sure you measure the length before you remove and install. If you don't put them exact you will have alignment issues. I do suggest an alignment after the install, but thats just me.

Measure the length before you remove? The video I saw they removed them and then measure them before they put them back in. And I plan to get an alignment done asap

Vas
05-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Alignment is a good idea.

This is the outer tie rods? I would measure them before you remove them and then after you put them on.

bshovers
05-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Alignment is a good idea.

This is the outer tie rods? I would measure them before you remove them and then after you put them on.

The whole assembly. I'm going to go off this video
http://youtu.be/PpVuy4lA7Pw

Vas
05-05-2014, 10:19 AM
The whole assembly. I'm going to go off this video
http://youtu.be/PpVuy4lA7Pw

Yeah. That video is pretty straight to the point.

bshovers
05-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Yeah. That video is pretty straight to the point.

Awesome thanks much ill let you know if I run into any problems.

bshovers
05-05-2014, 06:25 PM
The Bentley manual says to use anti-seize on inner tie rod threads and to grease tie rod taper so that rack boot support buffer or small end of rack boot slides on tie rod when tie rod is tightened. Are there two seperate products to use?