PDA

View Full Version : Danewilson77 Invited Me Here

olyeller
02-22-2011, 12:53 PM
My car is not a ZHP. Dane thought I'd fit in here so I thought I'd give it a go. I read and really like what is published as the site's rules. My car is an E46 325Ci. I have only had it since last September. As I am recovering from open heart surgery, I had to sell all my old Buick cars and stuff. We are downsizing and the new place just won't have the room 46 year old cars require for parts storage and the like.

I am loving my Bimmer. At first I thought I stole it. After a few BMW size repair bills (nothing too bad) I guess I still got a good deal. My car only had 59,000 miles on it when I got it. It has been modified by being professionally lowered and has a tasteful body kit. It also has an aftermarket exhaust. It rolls on staggered 18" CSL wheels with Proxie Tires. (SHHHH, it is the steptronic) The car came with the sports and premium packages. All the mods were done by the prior owner. I am looking forward to getting to know you all and participating in some track events in the future.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Yeller, the car looks great. Glad to have you.

If Dane thought you'd fit in here, it's a done deal for me. You'll fit in.

Hope to see you often.

danewilson77
02-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Welcome olyeller......

You name is my least favorite movie.

Why? Shhhhhh......cause it makes me cry to this day. Don't let that get out.

Anyways....great to see you join. Saw your comment "somewhere else" and felt it was what we were promoting over here as well.

Have fun and dig in where you can.

mimalmo
02-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Welcome. The car looks great.

kayger12
02-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Welcome, Yeller.

Glad to have you.

Dotpage
02-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Nice car, welcome to the familglia!

Mtnman
02-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Welcome to the family. We are all about fun here... nona that other stuff...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

olyeller
02-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Welcome olyeller......

Ol' Yeller for me actually comes first from the Cosby Show, although I am old enough to have seen Ol' Yeller, the movie. Being the father of beautiful daughters, Cliff Huxtable provided a lot of common sense fathering in the Cosby Show. The episode in particular is Cliff explaining to his wife how all the boys in the neighborhood hear him woofing at them from the porch, protecting his daughters. Pretty soon, all the boys would pass his porch and say, "Ol' Yeller lives there" pointing at the porch. I liked that analogy so I adopted it as my philosophy as my 2 daughters grew to their adulthood. I ignored the comment his wife made when he explained his woofing, "You know Cliff, at the end of that movie, they shot Ol' Yeller."

danewilson77
02-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Welcome olyeller......

Ol' Yeller for me actually comes first from the Cosby Show, although I am old enough to have seen Ol' Yeller, the movie. Being the father of beautiful daughters, Cliff Huxtable provided a lot of common sense fathering in the Cosby Show. The episode in particular is Cliff explaining to his wife how all the boys in the neighborhood hear him woofing at them from the porch, protecting his daughters. Pretty soon, all the boys would pass his porch and say, "Ol' Yeller lives there" pointing at the porch. I liked that analogy so I adopted it as my philosophy as my 2 daughters grew to their adulthood. I ignored the comment his wife made when he explained his woofing, "You know Cliff, at the end of that movie, they shot Ol' Yeller."

Totally get it now....That's awesome...:rofl

Oli77
02-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Funny story, didn't think about that reference to the Cosby show.

Welcome, your car nice mods.

I am supporting the stock club it seems and I like my orange corners (there, you know it all).

danewilson77
02-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Your ride looks sweet as is. Some of us have to work harder than most.

olyeller
02-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Hey, thanks for all the kind comments. I'd love to take credit for the mods on my car but truth be told, I just liked how it looked on the lot, fell in love and bought it as it is. As I have in the past, had the next owner of my cars profit from my expenditures, It was nice to have it work in my favor for change. I am a total Bimmer Noob but a longtime car guy who loves performance from his autos. I am looking forward to enjoying my latest obsession. I am also looking forward to testing the skills of my cardic surgeons who put me back together. Also, my '65 Skylark 2 door hardtop that I did a complete frame off restoration on 10years ago, was Buick Bamboo Cream (light yellow) which I named Ol' Yeller.

Some cars I have owned and restored, Ol' Yeller, Harold a 65 Skylark 4 door sedan, a '69 Buick Riviera (now in Qatar), a 98 Buick Regal Supercharged GS, several aircooled VWs, a 1964 Skylark convertible, several early '60s Ford F100 Pick-ups, a 1976 Ford F150 with a 351 Cleveland Cobrajet. My daily drivers now are my Bimmer, my '99 F250 V10 Superduty (tow vehicle)and My wife's 2005 Ford Escape Limited.

danewilson77
02-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Please post moar pics of non zhps in the non zhp sex on wheels thread. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeee?

They sound sweet...you gotta have pics!

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?179-Non-ZHP-Pure-Sex-On-Four-(4)-Wheels-Thread

pyreguy
02-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Welcome! I would love to see pics of your old Buicks. Your E46 is beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

danewilson77
02-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Welcome! I would love to see pics of your old Buicks. Your E46 is beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I PM'd you.....

gr330zhp
02-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Welcome!! Your E46 is gorgeous!