PDA

View Full Version : BMW E46 MKIV Navigation Firware Update Version 32.2

kayger12
02-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Successfully updated my nav firmware to Version 32.2 (SW4-1/02). Purchased from BMWNAV.NET (http://www.bmwnav.net/)

The new Perspective view is a welcome improvement over the flat-map style of the older firmware version.

Also got a new welcome screen when i open the door:
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff401/Kayger12/2011-02-22_16-47-39_381.jpg

The firmware upgrade also contains a day/night mode which will certainly be nice for night time driving.

For those with nav, I learned about some things I didn't know while doing the upgrade, specifically the existence of a service menu for the nav system.

To access it, go to the Menu screen, select settings, and then press and hold menu for 6-8 seconds. The service screen will now be displayed.

There are some options for sensor check, wheel sensor, GPS satellites, and gyro.

This menu is also where you enable the perspective view.

Very satisfied with this update for $50 (also came with 2011 Region 1 AND Region 2 map discs). Certainly beats the $220 that the stealer wanted for just the firmware update.

Caveat-- it did take forever to get here. Ordered on Feb 3, delivered on Feb 22. In defense of the company, they did say 3-14 business days for delivery and promptly answered my email when I sent an inquiry after it hadn't shown up for a couple of weeks.

Heading out in a bit, so I'll update with any other improvements/observations and a few more pics later.

ryankokesh
02-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Very jealous...nav would be great

johnrando
02-28-2011, 07:59 AM
Lots of good detail on our NAV systems on xoutpost.com, including ways to download the software for free if you are somewhat technically inclined. John

kayger12
02-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Lots of good detail on our NAV systems on xoutpost.com, including ways to download the software for free if you are somewhat technically inclined. John

I was checking them out. Someone else mentioned them to me. Don't believe they have the latest firmware version, though.

Definitely lots of good info there.