PDA

View Full Version : NCSEXPERT: Options I have changed on my ZHP

derbo
05-20-2014, 11:18 PM
I thought I share the options I've done on my ZHP.

https://goo.gl/Vp27dn

Avetiso
05-21-2014, 04:28 AM
Do you have the specific lines that need to be changed said mods?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

derbo
05-21-2014, 07:26 AM
Do you have the specific lines that need to be changed said mods?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It is in the columns. For each module, you will need to read in the module and look at the .TRC file for the function name (Column C). The value desired is in Column F. Column A has merged cells on which functions have to be activated together in order to work.

CarbonZHP
07-23-2014, 07:42 AM
I did alot of this with BMW Scanner. Seems my only issue is that after using one touch to roll the windows down, when i open and close the door the driver window rolls back up. Seems like you have a code for that but I cant get NCS to work

az3579
07-23-2014, 08:29 AM
I did alot of this with BMW Scanner. Seems my only issue is that after using one touch to roll the windows down, when i open and close the door the driver window rolls back up. Seems like you have a code for that but I cant get NCS to work

The module needs to be reset to factory defaults and recoded to your liking.

CarbonZHP
07-23-2014, 08:37 AM
Sounds fun. Ive also been told that my OBD cable might only work for BMW Scanner? Even though it has access to all the systems

az3579
07-23-2014, 08:39 AM
Sounds fun. Ive also been told that my OBD cable might only work for BMW Scanner? Even though it has access to all the systems

The scanner uses a standard USB cable, NCS does not.

CarbonZHP
07-23-2014, 08:43 AM
Isnt it? http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/321404780384?lpid=82

CarbonZHP
07-23-2014, 09:22 AM
Or this (http://dynamic.focalprice.com/ER1087T/INPAediabas_K_CAN_K__DCAN_Failure_Detection_Cable_ for_BMW_Cars_Transparent_.html?utm_source=CS&utm_medium=GM_US&utm_campaign=CS_GM_US_ER1087T&source=CS_PLA_US&gclid=CLH_upn5278CFQYtaQodFmgATw)

derbo
07-23-2014, 10:21 AM
Double check that pin 7 and 8 are connected together. Either you can solder a connection between pin7/8 on the cable or buy an adapter if it isnt.

http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/shop/?dispatch=products.view&product_id=16

I bought a cable from Ebay similar to your 1st link and just got an adapter from one-stop-electronics

http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/shop/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=19

JupiterBMW
07-23-2014, 10:41 AM
I coded pretty much all of the same stuff as Derek, except the M track mode stuff. I have a few other codings as well... Unfortunately, I don't have the code lines, but they're pretty easy to find..

Triple Blink (requires appropriate LCM with SF 4.0 or 4.5)
My car coded as a vert so that my "all windows" button works
Passenger mirror adjustable reverse tilt... forget how I did that one

I can't remember what else I've done. :facepalm

derbo
07-23-2014, 11:18 AM
I coded pretty much all of the same stuff as Derek, except the M track mode stuff. I have a few other codings as well... Unfortunately, I don't have the code lines, but they're pretty easy to find..

Triple Blink (requires appropriate LCM with SF 4.0 or 4.5)
My car coded as a vert so that my "all windows" button works
Passenger mirror adjustable reverse tilt... forget how I did that one

I can't remember what else I've done. :facepalm

Triple Blink is CYCL_TI_BLK dreimal
Reverse tilt is SPIEGELMEMORY_GM aktiv in the GM5 module.

JupiterBMW
07-23-2014, 11:19 AM
And there you have it!

I've played with other stuff too, but I forget... A lot of the time, I just open up NCS Dummy and start changing stuff and see what it does.

derbo
07-23-2014, 11:51 AM
And there you have it!

I've played with other stuff too, but I forget... A lot of the time, I just open up NCS Dummy and start changing stuff and see what it does.

This sounds like what I do. I open a text editor and log what changes I do and see what happens. I think thats how I figured out the rear fogs for the center trunk lights. I haven't had time, but I like to go through the options and see what else is available that I can add.

derbo
01-05-2015, 07:18 PM
I updated my spreadsheet with a few more lines. :)

johnrando
01-06-2015, 10:28 AM
Thx for the update.

rkneeshaw
04-02-2017, 06:02 PM
Derbo, thank you for sharing this!

I was trying to get my rear fog lights to work and found this thread.

I have the euro faceplace and LCM version 4.5 software. When I press the rear fog light button the indicator would light up on the instrument cluster, but the rear fogs would not light up. However, once I configured these settings, then I had functioning rear fog lights:

PWM_WERT2_ALS_SL_AUSGANG wert_02
STANDLICHT_ALS_NSL_RECHTS aktiv
STANDLICHT_ALS_NSL_LINKS aktiv

Much thanks to your documentation!

On another topic, Brake Force Display Stage 3, did you have to disable your BFD Stage 2 ABS setting (BFD_ABS_STUFE2) or did you leave that aktiv in addition to the BFD_ABS_STUFE3 setting being aktiv?

I noticed you configured your BFD Stage 3 to activate using the deceleration threshold 2 in addition to ABS, can you desribe how that works? Does the car sense a certain deceleration g-force and then it activates BFD Stage 3?

holyc0w
04-02-2017, 06:11 PM
I noticed you configured your BFD Stage 3 to activate using the deceleration threshold 2 in addition to ABS, can you desribe how that works? Does the car sense a certain deceleration g-force and then it activates BFD Stage 3?

I believe this is based on the ABS. If the ABS gets triggered, the lights start flashing.

derbo
04-03-2017, 08:53 AM
Derbo, thank you for sharing this!

I was trying to get my rear fog lights to work and found this thread.

I have the euro faceplace and LCM version 4.5 software. When I press the rear fog light button the indicator would light up on the instrument cluster, but the rear fogs would not light up. However, once I configured these settings, then I had functioning rear fog lights:

PWM_WERT2_ALS_SL_AUSGANG wert_02
STANDLICHT_ALS_NSL_RECHTS aktiv
STANDLICHT_ALS_NSL_LINKS aktiv

Much thanks to your documentation!

On another topic, Brake Force Display Stage 3, did you have to disable your BFD Stage 2 ABS setting (BFD_ABS_STUFE2) or did you leave that aktiv in addition to the BFD_ABS_STUFE3 setting being aktiv?

I believe this is based on the ABS. If the ABS gets triggered, the lights start flashing.

No problem!!

Ryan,

BFD Stage 2 is still there. Threshold 1 is set to aktiv.
BFD Stage 3 is set to Threshold 2 to aktiv.

You are basically correct. I believe when the speed sensors detect a certain rate of deceleration that matches threshold 2, it activates this one. 1 would be fast decel, and 2 would be near ABS decel speeds. Threshold 1 turns on quite early.

rkneeshaw
04-03-2017, 04:31 PM
Got it.

My car currently has stage 2 ABS set to aktiv.

Is that set to aktiv on your car along with Stage 3 ABS? Or did you change Stage 2 ABS to Not Aktiv and Stage 3 ABS to Aktiv?

derbo
04-03-2017, 07:58 PM
Got it.

My car currently has stage 2 ABS set to aktiv.

Is that set to aktiv on your car along with Stage 3 ABS? Or did you change Stage 2 ABS to Not Aktiv and Stage 3 ABS to Aktiv?

https://www.diffchecker.com/0AVLNhxs

The right side is default EV53 LCM settings.

It shows BFD_SW1_STUFE2 as aktiv and BFD_SW2_STUFE2 nicht_aktiv. The video below shows when BFD Stage 3 was enabled at threshold 1.

http://youtu.be/PMztcPU_lYA?t=28s

rkneeshaw
04-08-2017, 06:01 PM
So cool derbo, thank you!

autobarn
06-12-2017, 02:41 PM
And my parking lights don't come on for follow me home function - the one that activates when you press the lock button while car is locked.
I tried to activate options for all windows to roll up or down with the lock/unlock button is pressed on the remote with no luck.
My sunroof is faulty and I don't want anyone activating it, causing it to get stuck, so I took out the fuse.
Could this be why that function doesn't work? I have gone through my options file a million times.

My INPA is unavailable now, I have ordered another one and will post the options I have changed once I get it.

anandoc
06-12-2017, 03:44 PM
And my parking lights don't come on for follow me home function - the one that activates when you press the lock button while car is locked.

I believe you activate this by hitting the flash to pass once after you have turned off the car. The follow-me-home lights should stay on for 30 secs or so

I tried to activate options for all windows to roll up or down with the lock/unlock button is pressed on the remote with no luck.
My sunroof is faulty and I don't want anyone activating it, causing it to get stuck, so I took out the fuse.
Could this be why that function doesn't work? I have gone through my options file a million times.

My INPA is unavailable now, I have ordered another one and will post the options I have changed once I get it.

How did you activate this? You can set this via PA Soft. I just enabled this for a fellow member over the weekend.

az3579
11-19-2017, 08:02 PM
I found a new one that I haven't seen before:

Low beams as DRL's. In my case when I tested it, my Xenons turned on as DRL's. This is useful for those who always turn on their headlights by default when they get in their cars, or for those who want the ability to use Xenon flash-to-pass, which is way more visible and effective (in my experience) than the halogen flash-to-pass lights.

The option is:
DAUERFAHRLICHT_US --- set it to aktiv.

ELCID86
11-23-2017, 04:11 PM
I found a new one that I haven't seen before:

Low beams as DRL's. In my case when I tested it, my Xenons turned on as DRL's. This is useful for those who always turn on their headlights by default when they get in their cars, or for those who want the ability to use Xenon flash-to-pass, which is way more visible and effective (in my experience) than the halogen flash-to-pass lights.

The option is:
DAUERFAHRLICHT_US --- set it to aktiv.

I think PASOFT has this option too. Does it leave them on even when switch is to the off position?
May save on insurance costs too. I believe most give a DRL safety discount.

derbo
11-28-2017, 03:27 PM
I think PASOFT has this option too. Does it leave them on even when switch is to the off position?
May save on insurance costs too. I believe most give a DRL safety discount.

My guess is that even in the off position it will be on as long as the engine is running or in ACC2.

az3579
11-29-2017, 08:40 AM
My guess is that even in the off position it will be on as long as the engine is running or in ACC2.

This. As long as ignition is on, they will be on, with no way to turn them off unless you shut the ignition off, just like the regular DRLs.