PDA

View Full Version : BMW V8 Engine Coffee Table+Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer Clock

jamezc88
05-28-2014, 07:39 PM
http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee330/sewootgame/854B799C-6C8E-4D29-8E0D-02EB0F02854E-1195-0000001CE6B04DE6_zps76784a15.jpg
http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee330/sewootgame/2FCA5A2B-2B32-430C-B293-1BEA0D545BBB-1164-0000001AD40E6626_zps076798a8.jpg
http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee330/sewootgame/5735DC48-49A8-4AC8-BE7B-C950F6A3BB89-1164-0000001B04675094_zpse8086962.jpg
http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee330/sewootgame/187434E0-96B0-43DC-9726-F455306D63BE-1164-0000001AECA4F694_zps7cbed79b.jpg
http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee330/sewootgame/63DA0AE6-2243-421B-ADDE-38A4AA8EE547-1164-0000001AC36F3005_zps288cd1c4.jpg

Located in MD. WILL NOT SHIP. Pickup only. However if you are coming from a great distance i can try to help u the best i can price-wise.

Id like $650 for the table and $250 for the clock. You can still use the box if u can a slim 12 jnch sub btw. Last FS post i made i was offered 850 for the table but i didnt sell it because it had sentimental value greater than that at the time. BUt now i NEED the money and need to make space on the truck.

The flash makes the clock face look very dirty and give the actual condition of the clock little justice. The flash was very harsh and i can assure u that u will be pleasantly surprised upon seeing it for urself. I really wouldnt have it another way.
The clock was made from a Rockford Fosgate slim punch 12 inch subwoofer. The clock works great and the face of the clock is actually the sub that came with the box. The bezel was the tricky part because i had to scour the stores to find a brushed aluminum finish that would fit around the face of the clock AND the outer "punch" bezel that was originally around the sub. The number 12 on the face is silver to match the bezel; hour and minute hands are also silver for the same reason and the second hand is yellow for a slight "sporty" look. I just did it the way i thought would look best for my personal tastes as i never thought id ever get rid of either items, but because u can disassemble them, the color combinations can be changed to suit ur aesthetic preferences.

Theres an autographed novelty football signed by Drew Brees. If u want it i can throw it in with the table as long as i get a fair price for the table.

The engine coffee table came out of a 540i sport and as u can see is only the block, crank and 8x pistons. Ive installed a valley pan in place of where the keyboard is (the piece that is supposed to be there) and it acts as a lid to the compartment underneath the keyboard. The compartment is large enough to hold about 8-10 remote controllers or about 5-7 game controllers. The lid makes it into a secret compartment as it sit flush with the center area and to the average person, they would overlook it and assume its a secured piece of the engine. A stoner friend of mine says he would put all his "tools" and herbs in there if it were his table from prying eyes or a possible "police inquiry" lol. The table will come with those awesome coasters as i know how it can be with a glass table top. I have a carbon fiber section on the right lower corner i use as a stationary mousepad for my pc>tv set-up. It's just a square cut out of cf vinyl so it is not permanent and can be removed if requested. When I got it, it was filthy and the process of cleaning the build up was a long process. I know its easier to just spray over it but because it is an 'inside the home' item i wanted it to be as clean as possible before prime and paint. The 4 pistons that are not holding the glass up are in the block connected to the crank. I made sure there was not too much overspray so the pistons could move up and down with minimal effort.

As the title states, im moving from Maryland to California and i simply cannot take them with me. The 2 cars, my triple bank tool box and other necessary stuff i have to take are just too much. I need to sell as many things as i can as fast as i can. I hope the members of this forum understand and can help with my situation.

I would like to see these items go to an enthusiast who truly appreciate the piece. When i built it, i didnt build it as a piece of furniture, but a piece of art that shows even something as dirty and greasy as a big hunk of metal could be turned into a beautiful, functional piece of everyday use such as a table. As for the clock, the slim subwoofers are hard to get a real good deep tone and mine subsequently blew. Instead of throwing it out or giving it away, again i wanted to repurpose the box and the blown sub as a functional piece of art that would be used everyday and built it with extreme durability in mind. Keep in mind, both items are heavy compared to other items of the same type.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to pm me.

Thanks everyone for looking.

jamezc88
05-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Im moving to cali from baltimore. I need these gone so i can make room in my truck. If i cant sell by the end of this month i will unfortunately have to sell them to the scrap yard :.( please dont let me do that guys. Although the money would help with the move, im more worried that it wont be appreciated from someone as i did. Its a wonderful piece to have and i adore it but cannot take it with me. So that being said although the price up there is what id like and what i think is fair. I am willing to take any price to someone who can use it to its full potential. Wether they make money off it or they use it (preferably), i just dont wanna see it being thrown out. So any price will be ok by me. It took a lot of blood sweat and tears and about a year to complete. The prices above are obo and want u and e46f to have first dibs before it goes onto craigslist and/or junkyard. So please fellas. Help me out and help me find a good home for these items. I dont wanna toot my own horn but i believe these to be unique and creative pieces and would hate to see them go to waste. Thank you.

jamezc88
05-30-2014, 09:02 PM
Sold.