PDA

View Full Version : Midwestern Love!!

AzkotikBMW
02-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Hey guys,
So far I think I've only noticed that Eli and I are from the midwest. I was wondering if anyone around MN/WI/IL would like to get together for some rides this summer when it gets nicer. Yes, I know, it's still about 15 degrees here too, but warm weather is COMING!!! I just wanted to see who else was from around the area and who would be up for some tour driving with our ZHPs!!

mimalmo
02-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Plan on coming up for Eurowerks in June. There simply isn't another Euro show of its size anywhere near the midwest.

MrMaico
02-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Plan on coming up for Eurowerks in June. There simply isn't another Euro show if its size anywhere near the midwest.

ND here. That sounds like something that would be a good excuse for a road trip Eli!

If you've never been to the Black Hills you don't know what you're missing! So many good roads down there. It's amazing I've never gotten a ticket down there as many times as I've been there on the bike or in the car blasting the twisties. Especially good if you can be there before or after the tourist season.

http://mrmaico.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Black-Hills-0807/IMG0298/185565816_jAgjn-XL.jpg

Spearfish Canyon (runs through Savoy) in the northern Hills is probably the best of all.

http://mrmaico.smugmug.com/Cars/BMW-ZHP-misc/imagemap/1196400275_p3cuG-L.gif

I have a brother that lives down there on 7 acres up in the woods so that makes it nice for spending some time down there. They have 3 ATVs and you can just leave from their place and go wherever you'd like. They are legal to ride on the highways/in towns all over The Hills! Kinda weird to see someone riding down the streets of Rapid City on an ATV.

Barry

mimalmo
02-23-2011, 07:51 AM
Barry, hopefully I'll have some time this summer for a drive or two. The last few years have been super busy during the summer with work.

Link to the Eurowerks thread:
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?1091-Eurowerks-5

INDY|UND3RGROUND
02-26-2011, 11:37 PM
What about Indy?? I'm down

mimalmo
02-27-2011, 07:54 AM
What about Indy?? I'm down

Absolutely!

Mike V
02-27-2011, 11:35 PM
I live in MO but visit MN 3 or 4 times per year.

nk_zhp
02-28-2011, 10:33 AM
@MrMaico

That photo is nothing short of breathtaking...

mimalmo
02-28-2011, 10:44 AM
I live in MO but visit MN 3 or 4 times per year.

Try to coordinate one of your visits to happen during the Eurowerks show!

If not, the other good times to be here are...
German Carfest show (all German marques)
Wheels of Italy (all Italian cars)
On the first Saturday of any month during April-October for Cars & Coffee (huge turnout every month for this event).

Kudos
02-28-2011, 11:18 AM
What about some Chi-town love? Hell of a winter this year. This morning my car was covered in ice, i couldn't even open the doors. I had to wait for the sun to melt the ice off my car..

SC4ME
03-03-2011, 08:08 AM
I grew up in the mid-west. But being of sound mind and body, I moved to where the weather suits my clothes (shorts and T-shirts).