PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here from the Raleigh/Cary NC area???

94jedi
06-03-2014, 05:56 PM
And can you get me an IT Security Analyst Job paying good money down there?!?!?!

I'm looking to relo my family from MD to Raleigh/Cary. (yes, I know the acronym) I've had it w/ the drugs and crime plaguing MD, I can't stand the long winters, and the area I live in doesn't offer me any career potential/growth.

I've been applying to jobs like crazy but I'm sure they see that I'm out of state and that's a turn-off. I feel like I need someone who can at least get me in the door somewhere.

Any ideas?

edit - Here's my linkedin http://linkd.in/1p5AFjZ

I'm a CISSP with tons of experience. Shouldn't been this difficult to find a job. Maybe my resume sucks? lol.

ELCID86
06-04-2014, 05:40 AM
I met a guy at the Gartner PM conference today who works for SSA.gov in that area. I guess they have a big data center. Any jobs would most likely be on usajobs.com. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

TheFinanceGuy
06-04-2014, 06:24 AM
My company is in the triangle and I often find myself traveling down there- However, I don't see that they have anything open at this moment. You could check them out- I'll PM you the company name.

94jedi
06-06-2014, 05:51 AM
Appreciate the info guys. I have a few leads I'm working at the moment so hopefully something will come to fruition.

94jedi
09-15-2014, 07:57 AM
Sorry to bump this thread but I'm finally making the move. I applied to more than a few jobs, found a few that were a good fit and got an offer from my first choice. I'm moving from MD to the Raleigh area at the end of this month. I'll be making the 6 hour (each way) trip on the weekends until our house in Md sells so I'll have to make sure the maintenance is up to date. I'll be starting that thread shortly.

ELCID86
09-15-2014, 08:10 AM
Congrats. That's a beautify area. If you ever need anything around VA exit 143/140, give a shout.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

94jedi
09-15-2014, 08:12 AM
Thank you, appreciate it and will keep that in mind!

Alikessu
09-22-2015, 01:57 PM
Hi 94jedi

welcome to Raleigh, I live in cary and work in Raleigh at the Triangle Town Center mall
Hope your move goes well. I moved here from Kalamazoo Michigan, and we love it down here....
no snow we can drive harder longer... hehehe
hit me up if you need anything

Omar

Karl Lazlo
09-24-2015, 10:59 AM
PM on it's way with a recent posting.

Edit: Disregard. Necroposting. I am bringing zombies with me...