PDA

View Full Version : Auto logoff after inactivity?

billschusteriv
02-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Recently I've been composing some rather lengthy posts (for me) and multitasking (looking up links, researching information on other sites, etc). Considering my internal struggle for things to be near perfect when I post them, it takes me some time to get my thoughts formulated into something that kind of makes sense.

I seem to be getting logged off after several minutes of perceived inactivity. Maybe 10 minutes? I don't know if its my IE browser at home or not. I click on the button for the site to "remember" me and keep me logged in.

Sometimes I don't have this problem using my IE browser at work. Any thoughts, suggestions, or tips?

If there is an auto logoff after inactivity, what is it and could you dial it back? If I know what it is, I can alter my behavior to at least do something on another tab to keep me active.

Thanks in advance!

mimalmo
02-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Hmmm. Never had this problem.

billschusteriv
02-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Its really something I noticed at home. I was just logged off three times in the last two hours.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-23-2011, 09:38 PM
I will check the amount of time you can be inactive before it logs you off. Usually, though, that will only happen if you don't check the box that says "remember me."

mimalmo
02-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Is your computer set to go into hibernation after a set period of time or turn off the network connection after no activity? Either one could cause you to lose your connection and require you to re-login.

Do you have the ZHPm site saved to favorites? IE won't delete login cookies for websites saved to favorites if you check the appropriate box.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Eli is correct. Early on, when I first launched the site, I made it so that you would not get kicked off for a long time. Also, I learned that if I checked the appropriate box I'd never get logged off for inactivity. Check your settings, Bill. Let me know.

az3579
02-24-2011, 02:39 AM
His issue isn't hibernation or standby because he'll be actively using the computer while he gets logged off. He'll be browsing another site, or typing up something long on this one and then will return to a page that has him logged off.

danewilson77
02-24-2011, 04:10 AM
Make sure you "check" the remember me box.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

billschusteriv
02-24-2011, 04:18 AM
Thanks for the tips. I will check my settings. I will also make ZHPm a favorite.

I do have this process/script on the home computer (Dell Laptop) that checks for network issues at seemingly random times (like when I'm in the middle of a big download). I've been looking for the process so I can kill it permenantly, but no such luck.

I do CClean my computer, removing all cookies, history, etc etc, after each browsing session or after online payment activities. I don't believe this activity has coincided with anytime I've been logged out.