PDA

View Full Version : Kinivo BTC455 Bluetooth streaming and Hands-Free Car Kit

NorCalZman
07-18-2014, 12:03 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JK0G8KC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have OEM bluetooth, so the only feature I was missing was bluetooth streaming. I have an Aux plug but plugging in my phone every time I get in the car is annoying. This baby does both bluetooth hands free and streaming, but I only wanted the streaming part. My main concern was keeping my BT hands free going through the OEM system because that likely worked better than this.

My concerns were settled. I set this up and did some experimenting with my iPhone 5S. The calls continued to come through the OEM system, and played music through this device. Perfect. Audio Quality was fine for me. This might all also depend on the kind of phone you have but my iPhone worked exactly how i wanted it to

Since I have OEM BT I am unsure as to how well the BT hands free feature works, but if you want BT streaming from your AUX jack this works great.

johnrando
07-19-2014, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the review.

NorCalZman
07-26-2014, 11:59 AM
Update. Still love it and working like I want it to. One observation, I have noticed that it seems to be active and drawing power even with the car off. Not sure if the car turns off the lighter socket at some point but I have started pulling it out of the socket to save the car's battery as I leave the car in the garage for weeks at a time.

Trans
07-26-2014, 01:17 PM
The cig lighter socket is a constant source. Some say it supposed to turn off after 10 mins or so. But mine stays on 24/7. What I did with the Kinivo was tapped a 12v socket to one of the switch fuse in the glove box and use that instead. If you use the Kinivo with the OEM cig lighter socket, after you leave the car, if you are still close enough your phone will still be connected to it.

NorCalZman
07-26-2014, 03:02 PM
Ok so it's not just me. I guess it's not the end of the world if I have to take it out of the socket before I leave the car.

Trans
07-26-2014, 03:23 PM
But now the convenience of auto connect bluetooth is gone if you have to plug and unplug it every time. Honestly, just make another 12v socket using a switch source. Not hard or expensive. It will turn on and off automatically.

NorCalZman
07-26-2014, 03:35 PM
I would really love to and have it in my glove box or something. Unfortunately I have absolutely no electrical experience and am bit scared to do it. I don't even know how to use one of those devices to measure voltage (ohm meter?)

Trans
07-26-2014, 04:20 PM
Doesn't require any electrical knowledge. All you are doing is strip a couple wires and crimp them together, and plug it in a fuse slot. I use the garage opener fuse, which is a switch source. Now you have yourself an extra 12v socket.

NorCalZman
07-26-2014, 10:45 PM
Well if you ever happen to be in SF.... ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD