PDA

View Full Version : BMW Performance Drilled Rotors

Mtnman
02-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Actually, these rotors are not drilled, but cast with the holes. I installed these rotors 6 days ago. Therefore, i can not speak to longevity. I can however, say they are awesome. I installed them because i got them for a great price, and i love the look. So far, the perform well. Honestly it is hard to judge a rotor, because most of the work, and subsequently the irritations (ie squealing, stopping power, brake feel etc) are from the pads. just to make this post complete, i used the Akebono Euro Ceramic Pads on my new rotors. So far they are excellent. Great feel, initial bite is comparable to oem at least. Again, I am 6 days in so i may update the pad portion of this thread when they are fully bedded. all in all, good product, installed for looks. Paid less than the price of OEM blanks for them. No Brainer.

danewilson77
02-24-2011, 05:44 PM
I have had mine for 4k miles or so....and I am extremely happy. I have more stopping power that is positive...

04ZHP_PDX
02-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Glad to hear. I'll probably be installing mine within the next month or so. VERY excited to get 'em on and am glad that you guys like them.

iZHP
02-25-2011, 09:13 AM
had mine on the car over 6k miles...still great. Stopping is more noticeable over regulars.

Cadeez
03-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Where can I get a set and what's a good price to pay?

danewilson77
03-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Only the rears are still available as they have been on sale for several months......

You can still pickup the rears at http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330i-M54_3.0L/Braking/OEM/ES2137046/

The fronts you would prolly have to pick up at Tischer under new part number and at regular price.....ouch!

Cadeez
03-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Hmm, yeah it's not worth the $$ then, but they'd sure look nice...

danewilson77
03-02-2011, 10:10 AM

Ray (Smilez) with www.brakeyourself.com has some nice setups for a good price. He is one of our site supporting vendors. Give him a PM...

Or find him here on the site (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?44-BrakeYourSelf.com).

Damn you're quick Marcus.

johnrando
03-02-2011, 11:44 AM

You can check out these, don't know anything about them but saw this post on the same thread talking about the ECS Tuning brakes. John

http://shop.bimmerbrakes.com/3+Series-E46+%281999-2006%29-Brakes-323Ci/323i/c22_35_37_39/index.html

johnrando
03-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Ray (Smilez) with www.brakeyourself.com has some nice setups for a good price. He is one of our site supporting vendors. Give him a PM...

Or find him here on the site (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?44-BrakeYourSelf.com).

Damn you're quick Marcus.

I tried the site and all I see are green numbers.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Yeah. His site is not active yet.

Smilez
03-02-2011, 01:27 PM
still working on the site. testing making sure everything is working properly.

danewilson77
03-02-2011, 01:30 PM
still working on the site. testing making sure everything is working properly.

Whats the ETA hefa?

SC4ME
10-02-2011, 01:37 PM
I just replaced both front and back rotors and brakes. Put on the BMW-performance floating and drilled rotors with the Akebono Euro-Ceramic pads.
I bedded the brakes with 5 or so successive stops (they were smoking a bit on the last one, thought that would do it!!). When looking at the rotors, they had a faint blueing on the edges, so everything got nice and hot.

Oh, no fade during that process. I think that the initial bite is a bit less, but maybe not (similar to the butt dyno, you tend to feel what you expect to feel!). There is very little brake dust, love that part (and a big reason for choosing those pads).

As for wear of the rotors, after a couple hundred miles, you can still see the grinding swirls on the rotors in places, they are not worn smooth yet (semi metalics have always smoothed out new rotors by now from my experience). So I expect the rotors to last a nice long time.

All in all, I am very happy with this setup, and the looks are awesome. (Cant post a pic now, the car is about 8,000 miles away. Im on a business trip).

webster
10-02-2011, 01:54 PM
thanks for the review. i'm set on drilled rotors for my eventual brake overhaul. pics when you get a chance!