PDA

View Full Version : Shark Injector Review -- E46 BMW 330 ZHP

danewilson77
02-25-2011, 04:34 AM
The full-page ad copy shouted, “I will boost your horsepower & torque.” Whoa! With claims like that, I felt personally challenged to test the Shark Injector. It’s an OBD-II connector that overwrites a part of the BMWs DME (BMW speak for electronic control unit or ECU) with its own internal Conforti software to deliver claimed results. So I installed the Shark Injector on a BMW 325i, one of the many six-cylinder BMWs supported by the Shark (includes all sixes in the 3, 5 and Z series BMWs through 2005, plus the M3 and X5 3.0). Or should I say I set about installing the Shark injector…

Read the rest of the review here (http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2008/12/product-review-shark-injector/).

iZHP
02-25-2011, 08:15 AM
I've been interested in trying this...but with remarks like, "Assuming all goes well, the programming takes about forty minutes." What if something goes wrong and I have a damaged ECU?

az3579
02-28-2011, 02:49 AM
I've been interested in trying this...but with remarks like, "Assuming all goes well, the programming takes about forty minutes." What if something goes wrong and I have a damaged ECU?

There is a "what if" associated with everything. Take ALL of the precautions the Shark Injector software paperwork tells you and you'll be fine. I attempted to do it with a deteriorated battery and a not-very-powerful battery charger and it wouldn't let me do it. It does have a check involved and checks multiple times for correct battery voltage to prevent an "issue" from occurring.

Got a new battery and all was well with the world.

mikeyb74
02-28-2011, 07:13 AM
The only time I see customers with issues with the injector is when the DME has been reflashed by BMW. This is on my list of mods.