PDA

View Full Version : Solo Works Coilovers

TWong1200
08-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Anyone have these in their ZHP? If so, feedback please. TIA

Avetiso
08-20-2014, 09:29 PM
Cheap stance coils. Tons of people on Facebook run them, but if you are looking for performance, get real suspension.

Good suspension is never cheap.

bullfrogs_M3
08-21-2014, 05:14 AM
Cheap stance coils. Tons of people on Facebook run them, but if you are looking for performance, get real suspension.

Good suspension is never cheap.

secondedededed.....

Good suspension starts around $800-900, like KW, Bilstein, H&R, etc. This really is one area where you don't want to try to haggle on pricing. You want the car to feel like butter when you're cruising around and planted to the ground when you're doing some spirited driving. Only way to do this is with good quality coils

Hornung418
08-21-2014, 06:05 AM
Broadway Static...that is all.

Sent from my GS3.

Vas
08-21-2014, 06:08 AM

Sent from my GS3.

This or even the Fortune Auto coils for the price.

TWong1200
08-21-2014, 06:29 AM
This or even the Fortune Auto coils for the price.

Sent from my GS3.

I've never heard of either of them. I'll look into them! I've also been eying BC Coils.

ZHP Dave
08-21-2014, 10:08 AM

Sent from my GS3.

I had never heard of Broadway Static until I joined this forum, but I'm interested now. Is it possible to run them high enough where the edge of the fender lines up about with the top of the tire? I know they shorten the shock bodies, but I have no idea by how much. The S2000 guys that run FA really like them when they have them valved a bit stiffer than FA recommends. I also need to find out if they mod the Gen 5, or are still on the 4's.

I've also heard pretty good things about BC for their price point. I love that both FA and BC come with camber plates included as well! A friend JUST sold his 2013 WRX hatch with BC coils. I was really surprised at how well it rode for as low as it was. I'd have never guessed 1k coilovers could perform that well while still being relatively comfortable.