PDA

View Full Version : Xenon Help - Calling all ALC experts

slupe
08-20-2014, 07:40 PM
First, let me introduce myself. First time poster, but I have been lurking. I purchased a 2004 Jet Black Vert ZHP back in December from a seller in Florida. Everyone buys a convertible in December and ships it to WI, right? The car is awesome, but you all know that already.

Here is my issue. I have the green light blinking on the headlight switch and the passenger headlight doesn't go thru the up/down sequence at startup. I haven't been able to find much on how to trouble shoot this anywhere, but this past weekend, I decided to swap the ALC unit on the bottom of the light next to the ballast. The problem moved, so my assumption is this failed and needs to be replaced. I swapped the units back and snapped a pic of the defective alc unit so I had the part number, then put everything back together. I went inside to search for a replacement part.

So here is where it gets weird. The part in my car is 6 939 069. Real oem says this is for the 6 series, x3 and x5. The part they list for e46 xenon is 6 718 9312. Anyone know if these changed at some point or how to sort this out? Will either work?

I have also read that they need coded to the side of the car. Can this be done w PA Soft? I also heard if you get a used one from the correct side, you don't need to code.

Any and all help greatly appreciated. BTW - here's a couple pics of the car

ELCID86
08-21-2014, 04:37 AM
Beautiful car! :drool (and house) Welcome. I'm sure someone here can help with your issues.

danewilson77
08-21-2014, 07:08 AM
Nice Slupe.

The friendliest forum on the planet!

slupe
08-21-2014, 09:00 AM
Beautiful car! :drool (and house) Welcome. I'm sure someone here can help with your issues.

Not my house - picture from PO :-)

slupe
08-23-2014, 01:13 PM
bump - anyone, anyone, Bueller...

Hermes
08-23-2014, 01:16 PM
First step, unplug battery for 5 min.