PDA

View Full Version : Custom performance clutch- interest?

Nivo
02-25-2011, 06:51 PM
I asked my buddy Steve at Monster Clutch if he can do something and he has asked me to send him a stock clutch kit.

http://www.monsterclutches.com/index2.html

He can do staged upgrades or a complete twin disc like he did for our SRT-4.425

this twin disc is rebuildable, lighter then the average twin disc for the car, cheaper and has 12 month warranty. when you have it rebuilt the warranty begins over. he stands behind his product. and at any time we can talk to the owner Steve.

He will work with the group.
I would like to know if there is an interest in something as we can have them made for us ZHP guys.

Here is some information on these units.

* Overall weight on the aluminum base model is 15lbs(srt model), the overall weight on the billet steel base model is 19lbs
* Our friction discs weigh a combined total of 2.25lbs! Your average aftermarket single disc weighs around 5 lbs alone. This is HUGE in terms of internal tranmission life, that and it puts a minimal amount of load on the input shaft. Both of these are a huge plus for these cars!
* These units are fully rebuildable and feature our 12 month warranty. If you break it at the track or on the street and it's our fault, we replace it for free - period.
* If you send in your unit for a rebuild your warranty starts over

You don't just get a clutch that will hold the power, you invest in a product who's company invests in you as a customer. This is a rare thing in this market.

danewilson77
02-25-2011, 07:18 PM
My interest is based on price of clutch...Thanks for sharing. I am interested.

Nivo
02-25-2011, 07:25 PM
My interest is based on price of clutch...Thanks for sharing. I am interested.

the SFI certified, rebuildable twin disc clutch we have cost $949 and good for 850wtq on our SRT. And best of all it is not an on/off switch. Others are $1500+. Those units were completely new units, designed from scratch.