PDA

View Full Version : Katie's Cars and Coffee on 9/6/2014

TheFinanceGuy
08-27-2014, 04:25 AM
Hi Guys,

I'll be in the NOVA area for a very quick weekend, and looking to go to Katie's C&C on 9/6.

http://katiescarsandcoffee.com/

Anyone up for a small mini-meet?

Patrick

NoVAphotog
08-27-2014, 04:34 AM
Hi Guys,

I'll be in the NOVA area for a very quick weekend, and looking to go to Katie's C&C on 9/6.

http://katiescarsandcoffee.com/

Anyone up for a small mini-meet?

Patrick

Sounds good to me, I'll be there. Assuming you're driving, we have to get there early to get spots next to each other (if Shawn comes we'd have three Imola sedans in a row...Which would be awesome).

No later than 6:15. Providing the weather is nice that morning. Not kidding, place fills up really quick if the weather is nice.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

ELCID86
08-27-2014, 05:14 AM
I'm not sure I can be there that early as its 1hr+ from me...

TheFinanceGuy
08-27-2014, 05:19 AM
It is about 45 minutes from me as well. But, I'll do it! Having even two imola's next to each would be pretty neat. Three would just blow my mind!

NoVAphotog
08-27-2014, 05:31 AM
I would say it's worth the drive, tons of cars, coffee, bagels, burritos, pancakes, etc, etc. It sucks getting up that early on a Saturday and getting there, but once you are there it's all forgotten as you peruse, meet and discuss cars with folks.

TheFinanceGuy
08-27-2014, 06:01 AM
That is what I have heard. I'll be up at 3AM on Thursday to drive to DC, so getting out the door at 5:15 is almost like sleeping in. Right?

mbeckel
08-27-2014, 06:06 AM
I would say it's worth the drive, tons of cars, coffee, bagels, burritos, pancakes, etc, etc. It sucks getting up that early on a Saturday and getting there, but once you are there it's all forgotten as you peruse, meet and discuss cars with folks.
Gotta agree. You can always take a nap later! Suck it up and go!

ELCID86
08-27-2014, 06:08 AM
That is what I have heard. I'll be up at 3AM on Thursday to drive to DC, so getting out the door at 5:15 is almost like sleeping in. Right?
I get up at 5am during the week to start my 1.25 hour commute...

Gotta agree. You can always take a nap later! Suck it up and go!
See you there?? :biggrin

mbeckel
08-27-2014, 06:10 AM
I get up at 5am during the week to start my 1.25 hour commute...

See you there?? :biggrin
Lol I would love to meet up with y'all. But VA is a bit of a commute from Texas. And the wife and I have the LSU vs Wisconsin game that evening, can't miss that since I bought her field level tix for our anniversary. Yes my wife is a die-hard lsu fanatic(also alumni). Geaux Tigers!

TheFinanceGuy
08-31-2014, 05:56 PM
The ZHP is ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELCID86
08-31-2014, 06:18 PM
I may be making a run up to PA to grab a part for my car. Not sure yet. Headed to SC tomorrow for my sister's surgery. Back home on Thur.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

TheFinanceGuy
09-01-2014, 05:38 PM
That mean you won't be making it out Saturday? Good luck to your sister.

NoVAphotog
09-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Hopefully the weather will cooperate, looking like T-storms Saturday, but I think they are later in the day.

I take pictures for the Kohl's C&C which is on Sundays, which I am planning to attend as well this weekend. Weather looks nicer...but not sure of your schedule, of course.

http://kohlscarsandcoffee.com/

TheFinanceGuy
09-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Arrived in DC today. Made really good time down here. ZHP handled the drive like a champ. Got about 28mpg. :)

Hitting the road Sunday but thanks. I wanted to go to that one...

BCS_ZHP
09-04-2014, 05:53 PM
Comparing Great Falls C&C on Saturday to the Fairfax C&C on Sunday is like the major leagues to single A ball. Yes, Fairfax gets good numbers but the cars are not as rare, eccentric, or unique as the Saturday event. I'll be absent at both this weekend, my daughter's soccer games.

NoVAphotog
09-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Comparing Great Falls C&C on Saturday to the Fairfax C&C on Sunday is like the major leagues to single A ball. Yes, Fairfax gets good numbers but the cars are not as rare, eccentric, or unique as the Saturday event. I'll be absent at both this weekend, my daughter's soccer games.

Agreed, Bruce. Different crowd as well, I find it's more rewarding to go to Katie's as the early timeframe is like a filter for riff raff...minus Sebring kid...plus I can get some really cool photographs in the early morning light with the trees and all of that parking lot rather than the big parking lot backdrop of Kohl's.

NoVAphotog
09-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Arrived in DC today. Made really good time down here. ZHP handled the drive like a champ. Got about 28mpg. :)

Sweet! I'm aiming to be there around 6, if that works for you, we should be able to get spots next to each other in one of the main areas. I'll PM you my cell to coordinate.

TheFinanceGuy
09-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Sweet! I'm aiming to be there around 6, if that works for you, we should be able to get spots next to each other in one of the main areas. I'll PM you my cell to coordinate.

I'll try for 6ish... Been some long days here.

Can we be grade school and have spots saved? lol

NoVAphotog
09-05-2014, 07:33 PM
I'll try for 6ish... Been some long days here.

Can we be grade school and have spots saved? lol

I'll see what I can do, but unless you are a sheik with a Bugatti Grand Vitesse they don't usually reserve spots...

TheFinanceGuy
09-06-2014, 01:24 AM
I'll see what I can do, but unless you are a sheik with a Bugatti Grand Vitesse they don't usually reserve spots...

lol. I knows....

NoVAphotog
09-06-2014, 01:35 AM
Let's roll! See you there!

mbeckel
09-06-2014, 04:56 AM
You boys play nice

TheFinanceGuy
09-06-2014, 05:59 AM
We did. Promise.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/06/617ff4222f4364f2fe72840cfce84da5.jpg