PDA

View Full Version : Going back to OEM

Fenrir
08-31-2014, 12:04 PM
Hey guys, it seems the aftermarket Sony unit my car came with is finally dying out and I'm debating going back to oem. I've found an awesome deal on ebay for the oem widescreen nav unit and I've got a reputable shop in town to help me as I suck with electronic installs. I've been looking through the forum like crazy but I've still got a few questions unanswered

Any advice/warning available for someone wishing to switch back to oem and maybe some recent experience with the units as most of them are pushing ten years old? Thanks folks.

alexandre
08-31-2014, 01:59 PM
Is the widescreen nav OEM or dynavin/eonon/etc. ? If it's OEM you're looking at buying also the BM53 radio module, MKIV GPS Computer w/ DVD drive, and retrofit harness which is fairly hard to find. If aftermarket, it should be plug and play in the OEM harness.

Fenrir
08-31-2014, 04:02 PM
Is the widescreen nav OEM or dynavin/eonon/etc. ? If it's OEM you're looking at buying also the BM53 radio module, MKIV GPS Computer w/ DVD drive, and retrofit harness which is fairly hard to find. If aftermarket, it should be plug and play in the OEM harness.

Sorry I should have stated in my original post, fixed now. It is the OEM wide screen nav unit. And that it quite the list.. Hmm.. I may just go with a eonon if I can't find everything I need. Though I really like the oem look.