PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in dc va area willing to change a starter?

Jardine
09-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Wondering if anyone in the dc va or md area would be willing to change out a starter for me? Would be willing to compensate for time just don't really want to take to a shop as I hear they change way to much to do this task. I would try to do this if I had tools and everything I needed to get it done but I'm out here for only a short time for work. If this is something any of you would be interested in let me know or if you know a good shop that has maybe done if before but won't charge an arm and a leg. This is on an 03 zhp 6speed btw. Thanks.

Tanner

danewilson77
09-02-2014, 01:22 PM
I have a feeling you'll receive good news soon.

The friendliest forum on the planet!

BCS_ZHP
09-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Tanner,
I'd like to help you out but too tied up at work with proposals right now. Just contacted David Green at Green Motorsport in Springfield, VA (703-229-1313), it's the Indy I use when I don't know how to do something or just don't have the time, he has a young former BMW tech there. David said $238 for the OEM starter and $300 labor. His mechanics like working late, like to 9-10 PM most nights, so he said if you want to do it one evening call them to set that up and let them get the starter ordered ahead of time.
Bruce

ZHPRegistry.net
09-02-2014, 04:04 PM
As much as I like to twist wrenches the starter on the E46 is just plain torture... I felt half ashamed having a shop do it... at first.

ELCID86
09-02-2014, 04:16 PM
I've never attempted this one. Willing to try... But you may want a shop or a non-virgin.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

fredo
09-02-2014, 05:48 PM
I heard that's not an easy one. But, it never failed on me.

NorCal-Dimitri
09-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Look at the bright side. At least he's not trying to change the starter on an auto.